Oh

Oh
This is what Europeans mean when they say American bread is sweet. Huh.

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/business/monsanto-roundup-safety-lawsuit.html
theintercept.com/2016/05/17/new-evidence-about-the-dangers-of-monsantos-roundup/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the longer you chew, the sweeter this gets. great with butter and a thick slice of salami.

I'll give its fair shake and eat it the way its best consumed, but on initial taste, it's unrelentingly bitter. I expected something darker than the pumpernickel from [INSERT AMERICAN CHAIN BAKED GOOD/FAST FOOD LOCATION], but my initial thoughts on taste were that the product was off in some way.

Then again, even now I've gotten what I was asking for.
>"Hmm, foreigners/recent immigrants, Africans...Europeans...often say everything in America is way too sweet. Let's see what some German pumpernickel tastes like. Probably richer in its non-sweet tones, but not much different."

I like pumpernickel with cream cheese

prove it

I've been living in Finland for 2 years now and I legitimately like rye bread now.

prove it

your autism is showing.

prove it

ALDI brand?

I really like dense dark breads, they stand up well to toppings like potato salad, et al.

>ALDI brand?
Yup. Moved close to a location for the first time and I've been doing my food shopping there.

is that from an american Aldi? they probably add more sugar for the american market.

My meaning was that it was as bitter as I might assume native recipes for it are. However, if this is sweetened, then I'd be shocked even more at the idea of something even bitterer.

You seem to be doing fine on your own.

prove it

Just googled it.
>Sugar 0.1 g

Ive never been on such a roller-coaster of emotions before.

you usually eat the bread with meats and other savory items such as pickled stuff and mustard

yeah, Finnish rye is like the dark souls of rye bread.
I don't really like it, but I respect it

t. 56% fennoswede

traditional German dark bread is usually a bit sweetened.

I've got some anchovies and sauerkraut. I think I know what lunch is, thanks.

I fuckin love aldi dude. They've got these 79c hotdogs where I live, and they're fantastic. Good prices on meat too.

Right on the meat. I got a heft package of fair sized pork chops for $7.65.

In britain, 'sugar' does not appear in bread recipes.

Nor does HFCS, because it's actually banned in europe.

prove it

There are actually wholemeal breads that use malt extract (basically sugar) to achieve the brown colour, and yours looks like such an abomination.
Don't buy them if you want something "healthy" or different, you could just as well eat white bread instead, buy the real thing. And why the fuck import shitty bread from Germany? It's literally a few cents here.

I hate Rye bread.
If you toast it and eat it with ham and swiss with mustard it's ok, but still pretty terrible.

I bought this on a whim just this afternoon. I'm from the US and I've never tried this kind of bread before. I tried it straight out of the pack and didn't like it at all. But I toasted it and it was 10x better. The stuff is obviously not fresh, it's got a sell by date of 2019. But I really like this stuff toasted and eaten with eggs. It's like pure rye flavor and pleasantly chewy.

I've made like every kind of french/italian bread. But I don't know shit about german baking. If anyone has suggestions on other interesting german loaves I will try to find it, or make it myself.

German bread is shit Poland makes better bread

What's a good Polish bread I should try before I die? I've made babka and loved that. I don't know if you consider that more Polish or Jewish.

None of what you just said comes on the back label. Although, yes, I've since found its much better toasted with a strong meat and acidic vegetable, I didn't anticipate I'd be facing such as challenge in that small loaf as I wondered what so many foreigners meant when they compared regular American bread to cake, and more than a few cents was worth my satisfying my curiosity.

[spoiler]At the time, I guess I could've just compared sugar content, so in a way it did say that right on the back.[/spoiler]

German user here, Pumpernickel has a really long sell-by date especially when it is packed in an airtight package.

+ try making a nice sourdough bread.

I make a loaf of sourdough every week. I don't know if it's anything like a German sourdough

I hear it is good with sturgeon.

>supermarket sealed """""""""""""""bread"""""""""""""""

Of course that's what the american will imediately buy and consume.
of course.

>Nor does HFCS, because it's actually banned in europe.
It's not, but it's not used much because we don't grow corn to make sugar, we grow corn to feed animals. We have the whole "glucose-sucrose syrup" incredient sometime.

But that's wrong. Why lie?

just had a pumpernickel bagel and wasn/t sweet at all

I dipped it in horsradish/mayo/sour cream dip thing btw

Because it feels like it's true and that's more important than whether or not it actually is.

You're right, you don't permit the growing of gmo carcinogens but you permit a limited amount of imports of those products since you're simply a cuck of the US. At least you had enough marble sized balls left to require labels that the products contain gmo's when our congressional whores were bought off by a multimillion dollar lobbying effort to keep the public uninformed about their food. In a great irony, products labeled non-gmo are btfo of unlabeled products. Perhaps there is a god who punishes evil.

>GMO meme
educate yourself

Turkish ice cream men are great. They're very entertaining.

I have. If you weren't part of the monsanto idf I'd recommend you do the same. What percentage of the gmo herbicide/pesticide chemists and management eat gmo pig slop? Surprise, surprise - 0%.

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/business/monsanto-roundup-safety-lawsuit.html

theintercept.com/2016/05/17/new-evidence-about-the-dangers-of-monsantos-roundup/

Strange, monsanto claimed agent orange was completely safe for use among humans and after vietnam soldiers were clearly contracting cancer from it fought tooth and nail in collaboration with congressional whores to not pay compensation. See you in 20 years, dicambra your next generation carcinogen is even worse than roundup.

They have this frozen strudel pastry with spinach and cheese, fucking delicious.