What did he mean by this? did i waste the best days of my youth reading cioran and schopenhauer...

what did he mean by this? did i waste the best days of my youth reading cioran and schopenhauer, despising normies and building a justification for my sense of superiority, despite the fact that i haven't really lived up to my promising grades in high school, and dropped out of a prestigious college after 3 years of autistic isolation, fueled by my ignorance of the fact that career sucess is determined by networking (1) and not necessarily true dedication and love of the subject?
1.aka 'ball-licking'

Career success is a poor barometer of intellectual superiority.

You have to be rich to be intelectual but you dont have to be intelectual to be rich.

you're a failure and still trying to rationalize it. get over yourself and go do something with your life.

The cartoon is idiotic. A man is not superior because he views the world odiously, a man views the world odiously because the spirit ( or lack thereof ) of modernity naturally repulses one with superior spirit.

>'normies'
You aren't on /r9k/, loser

ride dat tiger, son

>a man views the world odiously because the spirit ( or lack thereof ) of modernity naturally repulses one with superior spirit.

The number of bourgeois philistines who believe this drivel is really astounding to me. Surely one of you has had the perspicacity to think that you can't all be as lucid as Schopenhauer?

easy there webster

>career sucess
That's a normalfag's playing field. If that's what you really want, then yes, you'll probably feel impelled to drop your odious views in order to survive at the corporate world

That is why I left the field, there was nothing left to interest me in the academic or work spheres.

I was not going after money. After some self-analysis I realized I was trying to make 'something' * out of myself, to make up for the childhood I had spent being bullied at school and pressured at home by narcissistic parents who hated each other's guts, and somehow prove (more out of spite than anything else) that I was really better than everyone else.

* that probably means creating a faceinstatwitter, carefully crafting a playboy-type persona to showcase. I don't really enjoy attention in real life.

I am still too young to be considered a failure by anyone's standards. I just feel like I have made a big mistake in reading these spiritually superior* men who, at the end of the day, just helped me feel justified in my hatred and detachment.

*Spiritually superior, as in " A man is not superior because he views the world odiously, a man views the world odiously because the spirit ( or lack thereof ) of modernity naturally repulses one with superior spirit.", usually involves some sort of diferentiation between him and the rest, aka the wolf and the sheep, aka I am too good for this shit, which in my experience leads to a not-so-good balled up feeling of being in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

You're an individualist in a gregarious, feminized, oversocialized world.

might I recommend you try some therapy user? Not saying you have any pathology that requires treatment or that therapy is the most effective tool for self analysis, but it might nonetheless help you deal with some of the personal discomfort.

Please note I'm not trying to feed you that "be happy and get successful!!!" drivel, you just seem like an young man that is unhappy with the current state your psyche finds itself in.

is the guy on the right a cat?

I echo your sentiment. My parents are pushing me to go back to school and complete business and become a successful salary man. I don't have the heart to tell them that I think that life is for plebs. It would almost be a slap to the face of my father to tell him his hard work raising me is going to amount to me moving to some third world country, eeking out a little bit of money through poker and spending most of my time reading/seeking God.

I want to live a monks life without the restriction of religious dogma placed on myself. The ascetic nature doesn't scare me, but being confined to a place and field of study does. I'm very conflicted with life right now. A part of me says finish school and you'll always have a fall back plan, another part of me says that entering conventional society will bring me misery and will leave me unfulfilled.

one word for all y'all:

MARRIAGE

another one, if you like:

KIERKEGAARD

What?

You are allowed to feel superior until you hit your 30s. If by then you still have accomplished nothing you'll either have to humble down.
Also
>feeling inferior because you have failed at life so far
>not understanding that your feeling of superiority does not come from your current traits, rather it comes from the potential you can genuinely see in yourself
You are probably a stupid edgy teen, but this means nothing when you live a life that costantly accounts for self-improvement: given costant improvement every single past version of yourself will look irredeemably stupid to you at any point of your life.
The potential will always be there, and the worst thing you can do is to waste it

Superiority isn't defined by success in context of the modern world. Some of the most successful and wealthy members of society, be they engineers, professors, doctors, bankers etc posses inferior spirits. They possess a slave like mentality in relation to the material world. Even relating the concept of superiority to superficial concepts like material wealth or fame/recognition reveals the inferior nature of the speaker.

The only worthwhile pursuits in life are spiritual, everything else is at best contemptuous vanity or at worse hedonism befitting animals.

There is a restlessness in you over which consciousness nevertheless hovers, bright and clear; your whole soul is concentrated upon this single point, your understanding contrives a hundred plans; you arrange everything for the attack, but it miscarries at a single point, and then your almost diabolical dialectic is instantly ready to explain what happened in such a way that it will benefit the new plan of operation.

This is what is sad when one contemplates human life, that so many live out their lives in quiet lostness; they outlive themselves, not in the sense that life's content successively unfolds and is now possessed in the unfolding, but they live, as it were, away from themselves and vanish like shadows. Their immortal souls are blown away, and they are not disquieted by the question of its immortality, because they are already disintegrated before they die.

find a girl and get laid dude. Excessive navel-gazing never helped anyone.

Pretty good, did you write this?

Kierkegaard.

less than ten seconds in google.

Jeez.

I've come to the same conclusions after spending years of my life indulging in mindless hedonistic pleasure, from drugs to banging sluts, it doesn't bring any fulfilment to those who aren't plebs

>career sucess is determined by networking
this is so true
kill me

Aw come on, put quotation marks around it then

That sure is convenient for us failures. Poor in material wealth, but ever so rich in spirit. We're the best!

What a load of arrogant shit. A man is superior who is wise, who can and DOES sort out other people's problems as well as his own.

>thinking you can reduce success in all fields to some trite truism.
I would say the one thing you could ACTUALLY do this with is sacrifice. How much time and other enjoyments are you willing to sacrifice to the job? The most "successful" people make their job their life, and it gets most of their time and thoughts.

You're incorrect, solving material problems and the problems of worldly people doesn't equal true superiority. Perhaps in the eyes of the spiritual pleb you are superior if you are successful in a matieral and worldly sense, but no great soul will be fooled, for material problems are inconsequential.

An abscence of material wealth does not signify superiority any more than excess. What makes one superior is the strength of his soul and his values, not wordly success. Your defensive hostility is due to the nagging voice in the back of your head telling you that I may just be correct, and that your wordly life has been a waste thus far.

>abscene
jokes on you faggot I'm a peasant but I don't pretend that those with wealth are some happy accident, it takes a kind of superiority to accomplish that

and superiority without results...anyone can have claim to that

You're really not understanding the basic gist behind what I am trying to say. Re read and meditate on it.

The fact that you equate solving problems as a materialist rather than spiritual says more about your view than mine.

You're really not understanding the basic gist behind what I am trying to say. Re read and meditate on it.

The fact that you have to maintain decent relationships with people in your line of work doesn't mean that dedication is moot. Honestly it sounds like you're just justifying not trying by seeing things in black-and-white terms. It's a lot easier to give up on the world when you think it's totally rotten and that everyone's a phony than it is to give up when you believe that hard work is in fact rewarded.

Is that Digibro?

This are wrinkles not whiskers. See cane

>That is why I left the field, there was nothing left to interest me in the academic or work spheres.
Surely at the very least it would be an easier way to make money than the alternatives, hard labor or mcjobs.

But it should be the only measure. Your intelligence is of no use if you cannot put it to practical worth.

Yeah, but it's can be a good barometer of other things. At the very least it's a barometer of not being a quitters.

Hate to admit it but this user is right. Only objective measures like material wealth, accomplishments and your social standing are worthy metrics of one's superiority.

It's of use to me. And those who steal from me.

Depends on how much obstruction is involved.

>Depends on how much obstruction is involved.
Sure, but once you're on a really prestigious uni, like OP, the game is yours to lose. At least that was my experience. Even if you're mediocre it's a huge boost.