Really craving a grilled cheese, anyone got a good recipe I can use?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2014/09/does-mixing-oil-and-butter-really-alter-the-smoke-point.html
imgur.com/gallery/sfxgk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bread butter cheese, fucking idiot.

>bread
>cheese
>grill

Just mix it up with different fancy cheeses, that's all you can really do before it turns into something else. And don't forget the tomato bisque, you philistine.

Brie. Add pears, green apples, or apricot preserves.

Squeezy cheezy peaz
Squirty onion in a can
I cant believe its vegetable spread
Chive sprinkles
Cheese flavoured bread in a can

1. Combine ingredients in a bowl then place on baking sheet.
2. Cook in oven for 10 minutes.
3. Grill to brown top
4. Enjoy.

Add onion. Simple.

>Fruit with cheese
Faggot. Next you're probably going to reccomend he pair it with a nice wine.

As he eats his cheeseburger with extra ketchup.

are you the amerimongrel who gets triggered by people eating cheese and wine and calling them "housewives" in literally every single cheese related thread, you absolute donkey?

Butter one side of two pieces of bread.
Take jalapenos and slice them longways, make sure no seeds are included.
heat up a pan, throw the long slices of jalapenos in there, and a few slices of bacon.
Soften some cream cheese, and spread it on the un buttered side of a slice of bread.
once bacon is cooked, remove bacon and jalapenos from pan, dran half of the bacon grease.
Add the bread with the cream cheese to the pan, butter side down.
put the jalapenos and bacon on the cream cheese. Do another layer of cream cheese on the other slice of bread then add it to the pan, cream cheese side down on top of the bacon/jalapenos.
Flip the sandwich as many times as it takes, cook until golden brown on both sides.
Cut in half and enjoy.

Pickles are the patrician grilled cheese choice

i agree but with the caveat that they're better on the side so you can perfectly manage your grilled cheese-to-pickle ratio

put oven on high broil
toast one side of bread, put onions and cheddar cheese on that bitch
put it back in over high broil
wait till the shit melts, combine both halves
toast both side
None of that pan faggotry

i hate that he oils the grill even after he smothers both sides of the bread in butter. just put more butter on jeez

Are you retarded? The oil is to prevent the butter from burning

That doesn't actually work, you just have diluted burned butter so it seems like it made it not burn.

Some people like to mix oil and butter for more flavors, but the way he moved it around means all that butter and oil wasn't going to go into the bread which is a waste. I know it's just from a movie but it's showmanship and shouldn't actually be followed as a real recipe.

>That doesn't actually work
but thats wrong, you fucking retard

I got bored of eating regular grilled cheese sandwiches so I tried just leaving the sandwich open and broiling it instead. It gives it a different flavor and texture, it was pretty good.

It spreads the butter around to make sure it covers all of the bread.

It doesn't alter the temperature at which the butter solids will burn man. If you're cooking at a temperature that burns butter, just because it's in oil doesn't mean it won't burn, why would butter be the only thing that doesn't burn with oil that's too hot for something?

seriouseats.com/2014/09/does-mixing-oil-and-butter-really-alter-the-smoke-point.html

>There is, however, an advantage to cooking with a mixture of oil and butter. Though the milk proteins will still burn, if you cut the butter with oil, they'll at least be diluted, meaning that you won't have as much blackened flavor in that mix.

I know this invokes the "le reddit xd maymay" but r/grilledcheese has a fair collection of good combinations.

>cheddar on white w/ oregano & parmesan crust
>beer cheddar on pretzel
>swiss on rye

Just some observations

>>There is, however, an advantage to cooking with a mixture of oil and butter. Though the milk proteins will still burn, if you cut the butter with oil, they'll at least be diluted, meaning that you won't have as much blackened flavor in that mix.
are you fucking daft?you LITERALLY posted a reason why you should mix it with oil while cooking, no one fives a fuck about chemistry-level autism, it works for COOKING

You said it stops the butter from burning. I said no, it just dilutes the burned butter. You said I'm wrong and that I'm a fucking retard, so I posted a link backing up what I said. And now you're the one being quite daft my chap.

Also you can just cook at a lower temperature, or use ghee instead, unless you really like the flavor of a bit of burned butter which some people probably do, in which case enjoy!

never fucking respond to me again

Reddit isn't even that bad. Don't sweat buddy. Also, thanks for posting this. I never knew there was a sub reddit for grilled cheese. I might check it out

Potato bread, white aged Cheddar, real butter.
Butter bread front and back, put on pan
Let cook while you put the cheese on it
Flip one bread on the other
Let it sit to melt the cheese
Flip over
Remove from pan
Eat

Key is to not drench the bread in too much cheese.

Swapping butter with mayonnaise is a good experiment. Use shredded cheese. Place on stove and cover with lid for 2 min. Uncover and flip. Medium heat

Don't do this

imgur.com/gallery/sfxgk

>potato bread
Finally. Someone enlightened

>never fucking respond to me or my wife's son again

Pesto/sun dried tomatoes in olive oil with herbs

>reddit isn't even that bad
you have to go back

spice cheese up with a dash of cayenne, paprika if you are a fucking wimp. Add thinly sliced tomato.
>inb4 meltautist

Ignore everyone in this thread and any replies of criticism to this post. Try this.

>Sliced bread of choice
>Sliced cheese of choice
>Butter
>Salt crystals
>Cracked Pepper
>Mustard (optional)
>Thin hot sauce (optional)

Melt the butter on low-medium heat, add a pinch of salt crystals and cracked pepper. If desired, add a dash of mustard to the pan. Mix with a spatula until the butter is melted. Place two slices of bread in the pan and a slice of cheese on top of each. Splash some hot sauce on the cheese if desired. Wait until cheese begins to melt and then flip one of the slices of bread on cheese on top of each other.

There you have it. Recipe for grilled cheese.

muh nigga

haha holy shit thats how i do it every time. just dont use much oil and butter. ffs you want to fry the bread, not burn the butter off and make toast you fuck.

Add some oregano bruv

How did we get from this
To this

How did we get from grilled to using a pan?

>Reddit isn't even that bad.
good. you can stay there

>needing reddit to tell you about swiss on rye
Maybe you should just stay over there.

ingredients
>two slices of bread of your choice
>cheese of your choice
>butter
how to make
>butter one side of each slice of bread
>melt some butter in the pan to keep the grilled cheese from sticking
>put first slice of bread in butter side down
>put cheese on top
>finish with second piece of bread on top butter side up
>occasionally check bottom of grilled cheese until the bread is a golden crispy brown
>flip
>wait until other bread is golden crispy brown
>grilled cheese is now done with delicious melty cheese assuming you did it right
Serve with tomato or chicken noodle soup for best results

So you grill it after you've pan fried it?

>grilled cheese w/ tomato soup
true patrician

He didn't grill the fucking thing. How stupid are all you people?

I was just commenting on the pairing not the recipe itself you mong.

You actually big upped a grilled cheese sandwich that has never seen a grill. Now how mongish is that?

TASTY~

Thin slice one of these in it

There's a food truck near where I live that has a grilled cheese with mac n cheese and bacon in the middle and it's fantastic. I wish I could figure out how to make that hold together without a panini press so I could replicate it at home.

1. take a big slop of shit
2. grill it
3. wa la

>not enjoying the creamy, salty and strong flavor of a good cheese paired with the crispness, sweetness and freshness of good fruit
The pleb here is you, buddy.

I don't eat rye and usually don't eat swiss. I posted some quick titles that weren't American on white, but most of this thread is still going to make American on white, so why not recommend a specialized forum?

>add cayenne
Make more videos

Butter both sides, light mayo inside, multiple cheese, and pan with a little olive oil.

Cheese and wine is a pretty gay foody meme and you're not making Europeans look sophisticated by perpetuating this high brow horse shit food nerd culture, just pretentious and stupid.