Any tips on boiling water?

Any tips on boiling water?

Do it regularly
Practice makes perfect
As for making things fast ive found that smaller batches make this move along a little better .... then again I may be a little crazy

It's proven that boiling water at 50 degrees Celsius yields more nutrient retention

I find it's super helpful to plan ahead and boil a bunch of water at a time, so you can freeze it and save it for when you need it next.

I found that if I fill a saucepan with ice cubes and crank the gas it melts and boils faster than regular tap water does

I thought I was the only one that did this. You literally can't even tell its been frozen once it thaws out. Saves me quite a lot in gas when I boil my stock pot full in several batches then transfer it to containers to freeze.

Keeps well for 6 months minimum, I go through mine before that in most cases, but it may even keep longer without getting freezer burn.

>6 months minimum
isn't the standard a year? you should check your frozen boiled water for freezerburn.

I'm not sure what the standard is, I was just saying that even though I do a pretty big batch it doesn't last more than 6 months because I use it very regularly to steam veggies etc. If you say the standard is 12 months then that's great. Next time I do a batch I will definitely double it so I have enough to last me for 12 months.

It takes patience and practice. Some chefs have to study for years just pouring the water into the pot before they can be taught how to boil it. It takes a time-honored technique that can’t be taken for granted and can’t be rushed.

I've done extensive research into that, but I found out that apparently freezing the ice cubes first uses energy which will increase your power bill. I have just stuck to my original method which I've been using for years. Fill the pot leaving a bit of a gap at the top, boil then freeze.

>If you say the standard is 12 months then that's great. Next time I do a batch I will definitely double it so I have enough to last me for 12 months.
Well loookie here who has loads of freezer space

do it faggot, i believe in you. i've never had an issue with year old pre-boiled water. godspeed on your culinary journeys, user.
what happens if someone fashions an ice cube jerry rig inside a container to hide it from the Ice Control Squad? I want to keep my power bill low but I need to support the cause. I had a friend that used aluminum foil in a cannabis grow op that doubled as an ice cube depository.

I don't have loads of freezer space, I've just got my priorities right.

Thanks man, I'll be sure to do a double batch next time

>ctrl-f: freeze
i'm satisfied

we did it reddit

If you freeze boiling water in bulk, it boils faster when you melt it again. Saves me a lot of time.

Best thread this week
Grats
Then again its monday

I'm afraid I don't have much to ad as I'm still pretty new at this and often burn my water well before it boils. I don't know. Maybe it's just my shitty electric stove. Maybe it's just my technique. Either way, I did learn some very valuable information from this thread. Thanks guys.

>You literally can't even tell its been frozen once it thaws out.
Um no. Anyone with tastebuds can taste if its fresh or frozen. My local watery has fresh water on sale for .99 per gallon. a little pricey but my guests love it.

>amerilards
Just get a kettle.

Keep the lid of the pot on and it'll come to a boil more rapidly.

They're called peaks and yes there are lots.

every time I boil water some of it ends up missing
I think my roommate is stealing it
what do?

this is disinfo

Your taste buds are fucked if you can tell the difference. I'm sure your local watery doesn't sell pre-boiled water in frozen packs. I do my own because it's simply not possible to get the same taste and convenience as anything store bought.

>closing any container holding a liquid being subjected to heat

Are you trying to kill everyone on this board ? NEVER put a lid on anything cooking, only when it's done. Or you're gonna make a bomb in your kitchen.

can someone help me and tell me how to boil water without bubbles? they create a mess all over the place.

>ctrl+f
>0 add sugar suggestions
not my fellow americans

I actually have a serious reply: if you want to boil water super fast put the pot on the fire and then blast the top with a butane torch on full blast, will come to a boil in like 10 seconds but obvs depends on the amount.

>sugar
Do you want to ruin yourself?

In the european kitchen it is pretty much a must to add little amounts of salt and cinnamon EVERYTIME you boil water.

It gives a nice aroma and all the food you cook in it chemically transforms a little because of the cinnamon

can I still boil water if I have an electric cook top
I've always been told that you should never allow water near electricity

i'm american. i'm already ruined.
water near electricity is safe when it's grounded. adding dirt will neutralize the current.

Use a pressure cooker.

I freeze it in ice cube trays, and then when I'm boiling water, I'll add a few cubes to the pot for the extra flavor.

Damn it! Foiled again!

Heat the water until you get soft peaks, any longer and it will be tough as shoe leather.

add salt to it so it boils faster and if you are boiling pasta add a thin layer of oil on top, it coats the pasta as it goes in, stops it sticking to the bottom

It took years to perfect but this but depending on the flavor you want finely grind some spices. To keep it simple, I finely grind salt. When you put it in the water, the edges pop the bubbles while it's still underwater, resulting in less mess

if it scalds your penis, it's ready

save time and energy by boiling water in an vacuum

I prefer my water boiled at 185 degrees 5000ft above sea level.

To see if it is getting hot enough stick your dick in it. If it stings it's almost hot enough.

>oiling your water
no wonder you wops are so greasy

Won't freezing boiled water turn it to ice? Can ice get stale if it's in the freezer too long?

Boiled food is horrible, better to steam, simmer or even microwave

How would you make a bomb with just a lid? Boiling water can easilly push the lid of and release some of the pressure.

I think you might be thinking of a pressure cooker.

yeah just fry it instead
boiling removes all the colour until all you're left with is a bland pot of "water"

i recommend buttering your pan and lightly seasoning with salt and spices before frying

Boil ur kettle and pour that into pot. Saves a heap of time and energy.

>He doesn't have a walk in freezer

poor fags I swear

Is electric kettle the fast food version of boiled water?

Pretty much. It doesn't give enough time for the flavor to develop

Underrated

i put my water in my central cooling unit. really boils it to a subatomic level.

This is the most extreme case of SOS i've seen tonight

Step 1:
Get a new stove top that isn't made out of glass. You will eventually end up with this shit here if you ever try to boil enough water for something useful.

Add a bit of butter

Fucking amateurs in this thread. listen up:

travel to about 4,500 feet above sea level. That's gonna help your boil.
Add some salt. Not too much, but enough to raise the boiling point of the water. You're going to want to find a nice middle zone.
Finally, and almost no one is going to tell you this, but cover the pot with a lid.
Then just slam it with heat and wait. dont watch it

Throw salt in the water to increase the temperature.

A watched pot never boils

How much salt do I need if I want it to be 1000 degrees?

use a lid

he didn't ask for soup, did he?