Are there any cuisines/foods/restaurants you really want to try but can't because of some practical obstacle?

Are there any cuisines/foods/restaurants you really want to try but can't because of some practical obstacle?

For me, it's this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurist_cooking

It's pure food kino

I really want to try lobster rolls and boiled peanuts. Neither are available locally.

>live in Seattle
>lots of good seafood
>lobster rolled are minimum 16 dollars

Yeah fuck that. At least we have good hoagie places

I can say with certainty that boiled peanuts are not that great. If made properly they're great but having gas station boiled peanuts sucks for example. They're best when cooked in the leftover boil from crawfish, in my opinion.

Lobster rolls are pretty nice but I'd rather have just regular steamed lobster every time. It's like a fancier tuna salad, unless you get one with nice chunks in it.

>food kino
"gormo"

>Tactile Dinner: A multi-course meal featured in Marinetti's The Futurist Cookbook. Pajamas have been prepared for the dinner, each one covered with a different material such as sponge, cork, sandpaper, or felt. As the guests arrive, each puts on a pair of the pajamas. Once all have arrived and are dressed in pajamas, they are taken to an unlit, empty room. Without being able to see, each guest chooses a dinner partner according to their tactile impression. The guests then enter the dining room, which consists of tables for two, and discover the partner they have selected.
>The meal begins. The first course is a 'polyrhythmic salad,' which consists of a box containing a bowl of undressed lettuce leaves, dates and grapes. The box has a crank on the left side. Without using cutlery, the guests eat with their right hand while turning the crank with their left. This produces music to which the waiters dance until the course is finished.
>The second course is 'magic food', which is served in small bowls covered with tactile materials. The bowl is held in the left hand while the right picks out balls made of caramel and filled with different ingredients such as dried fruits, raw meat, garlic, mashed banana, chocolate, or pepper. The guests cannot guess what flavor they will encounter next.
>The third course is 'tactile vegetable garden,' which is a plate of cooked and raw green vegetables without dressing. The guest eats the vegetables without the use of their hands, instead burying their face in the plate of vegetables, feeling the sensation of the greens on their face and lips. Each time a guest raises their head to chew, the waiters spray their face with perfume.
What the fuck am I reading

>having gas station boiled peanuts sucks for example.

i really don't want to buy my boiled peanuts from some dude in a pickup truck selling them out of a coleman cooler in a Walmart parking lot

Literal autism.

Gas station peanuts are like the pic linked in the thread, peanuts sold in gas stations. I assume weird rednecks sell them too, that also happens.

I want to eat in an urban or highway American diner that hasn't changed its decor (or grease) since goodfellas was in theaters.

I always get em from roadside stands

Go to any town that has less than 5000 people.

It's guaranteed to suck because they get all of their shit from Wal-Mart.

Fuck yeah, shit food!

>This was the precursor to fascism

>more like a precursor to a slop of shit

>this fucking guy tonight with the slop of shit comments

>Veeky Forums edits wikipedia

It still makes me laugh that he wanted to get rid of pasta IN FUCKING ITALY.

kek

That's just stupidity, Sysco and other commercial food suppliers deliver everywhere, even small towns. If a restaurant buys their ingredients at Wal-Mart, they won't be in business long.

all the mexican restaurants in my town buy dozens of #10 cans of hominy at walmart. a really popular and overpriced cupcake shop buys cartloads of duncan hines

I really want to try lobster rolls too, but I can't stand the taste or texture of boiled peanuts. It tastes soapy and bean-like to me.

Want to try:
mantis shrimp
Nashville hot chicken
beignets in NOLA
freshly picked mangoes
hairy crab

I live in New Hampshire and lobster rolls are so good, you really should make an effort to get one

I went to a couple of these places in bumfuck, PA when I was visiting a relative who went to Penn State U and drove there from the NYC area. It wasn't so great. I didn't really expect the food to be good, but I was hoping for some of that rural friendliness. Everybody was a grumpy fucked up looking methhead on a motorcycle, however. At least it was cheap as hell.

I'm traveling to Japan soon and I finally get the chance to try Horumonyaki! fuckin puuuuuuumped

>Nashville hot
Ayy just head over to kfc
>beignets
I’ve had them from cafe du monde, they really did live up to the hype but I’ve had them other places outside of New Orleans and they were just as good

It sounds amazing I want to try it.

>hairy crab

This guy gets it. Crab roe is so criminally underrated as a delicacy it's not even funny.

Sysco quality is basically the same thing.

it's a matter of price, not quality. regularly buying at walmart will cut your profit margin