My dad got me an ulu and a concave cuttng board on his last trip to alaska. i find it works preddy good on herbs...

my dad got me an ulu and a concave cuttng board on his last trip to alaska. i find it works preddy good on herbs. The edge is really interesting.. its only beveled on one side and flat on the other.

Anyway, what's the verdict on Ulu. alaskan meme or useful tool?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>using a skinning knife for herbs

White people.

>Skinning animals

Shitholers.

>faggot being faggoty
better than being one of you

>I'm glad meat grows in grocery coolers because skinning meat is soooo icky poo poo
Amerilard babby detected

>progress is stupid, the streamlining of production is stupid, efficiency of human energy is stupid

Unwashed filthy shitholer detected. Throw another newspaper on the hearth you peon, warm up some well water and scrub the lice out of your matted hair.

Pretty sure that's cultural appropriation shitbag.

This, only shitholers skin animals.

USA USA USA

Bumping for interest, I wish someone would answer the question already op.

It looks cool but I'm afraid it is a meme. Thoughtful of your fathee to bring you such a nice gift though

>Shitholer
We all live in a shithole. The entire planet is a shithole. The dense coastal urban shithole you are implying you live in is no different.

why is /pol/ on Veeky Forums now? i thought you faggots fed off of misery and hate?

>now
/pol/ and /int/ desire nothing more than to spread their shitposting far and wide like a crusade of excrement, they've been ruining Veeky Forums for years

Just to be clear here, you are saying that Alaskan citizens of the USA living on the last American frontier are shitholers? That hunting/cleaning/dressing then processing food for you and your family yourself as both a part of local tradition and necessity is a sign of a shitty life? I have a neighbor who hunts frequently and nets too much venison and other game meat to store so he gifts it to me. Do I live in a shithole? What is your definition of a not shithole because I have no fucking clue.

You can appreciate hunting and be aware that Alaska and Eskimos are shitholers.

Have you ever been to Alaska or met a Inuit or Aleut? Because you sound like you are talking out of your ass. Being hateful for fun despite the fact that you know you are wrong.

I used to work at a gas station, and the Eskimos who came there to drink were pretty shitty.

So? Fuck those specific people. You take the measure of a man by his words and actions and not his race. You are Un-American.

Well I'm Canadian.

You are Un-Canadian too. You do not represent the values your country was founded on. I normally call Canucks "Our friendly neighbors to the north" I wouldn't want you to be my friend. I also wouldn't want you as a neighbor. You are a shame to your nation and humanity in general.

Wow, what a nigger. I don't want you in my country, please leave.
Don't think bad of us leaf we aren't all like that faggot.

You need to get outside user. Enjoy some nature.

How the fuck do I cook deer?

preferably with a cook top, stove or other heated appliance

I only have one of these.

wow OP here. Why the fuck do a bunch of shitty hotel line cooks and home cooks that watch a couple episodes of Top Chef and think hey are the shit have such hatred for alaskans?

If it was like your picture, then it's pretty much a meme gift. Mass produced Chinese crap.
It's an everything knife, dumbass.
And you're not a fucking Native, soiboi. So nobody gives a shit about what you think.

Marinate overnight, braise it with red wine, mushrooms, whatever the fuck else you want with it.

You can even use a little A1 steak sauce. Game's literally the only thing A1 is good for.

Titty fucked a northern bitch once, she had areola borialis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.—In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. -Karl Popper

You have to be a troll. I live in the south, yes a shithole to be sure, but I hunt, butcher and fish most of my meat, grow most of my own veg and chickens for eggs, have a well for water (you got that part right), but have never had lice. I try to live as much as I can self suffeciently but that's considered un-american by /pol/tards because I'm not sucking enough corporate dick? Oh how the mighty have fallen, you fucking cucks!

What this guy says.

God dammit, I saw a thread about a cool knife and wanted to know what everyone thought but literally the entire thread is /pol/ garbage. Can you people just be normal for 5 minutes?

>amerimutts saying amerimut is a shithole
The pottery.

I second this.
I've actually been looking for something similar. Same kinda knife but the blade is flat instead of curved.

While I'm tempted to scoff at yet another marginal use unitasker, I've gotta say I like it. Looks nice, the idea is nice, I probably wouldn't buy it but hey, if you like it, more power to you!

i really only uni-task with it because its a porous wooden cutting board and i dont want to get it meaty. if i could find a concave polyethylene cutting board id use the ulu for lots of cuts.

I made one (pic). It is amazing for mincing up stuff in record time, similar to using a mezzaluna. It is amazing for butchering and processing deer. I don't use a concave board with it, that isn't really needed. You can quickly rock the ulu back and forth across a pile of veggies//herbs like you would a mezzaluna. Because of the handle style is is more usable for other things than a single blade mezzaluna.

its better than any chefs knife
that design is correct for all your general kitchen needs, much faster and more precise

theres no reason to have such a long straight blade, its stupid

>ulu
>in yupik (aka eskimo) "womans knife"

Cucks

>needs
okay that's awesome. DId you belt grind the edge? Heat and temper? spill the technique.

All kitchen work, food prep, and animal buchering is woman's work.

You can use water on the blade edge as you work it to keep it cool and prevent it from annealing. That means your discs/grinder/belts will wear out a bit faster though. On all the other edges, you don't need to keep it cool since those won't be cutting edges. Saw blades, that don't have special bimetal tips on the teeth, will have better tool steel for their entire width. Antique cross-cut saw blades are far better for this sort of thing. They have really good tool steal and are much thinner than all modern blades resulting in cutlery that glides through food. Blades made from those are also rather flexible, but hold an edge really well if you kept it cool while working it or did proper hardening/tempering.

>Letting women handle your food in general after the Neolithic period

The only recipe they can prepare is disaster.

It was a traditional thing up until the feminist movement a few decades ago.

Looks like one of those things I would use for a while because of the novelty then go back to my cutting board and knife because it's still faster and easier. There's a reason no one uses those, I would assume.