So not to make this an obese/obsessed thread, but I seriously have to ask...

So not to make this an obese/obsessed thread, but I seriously have to ask, how the hell does anyone hit 4000+ calories a day?

I started counting myself out of morbid curiosity starting today, since the average target range is supposed to be 1500 a day right? Well My breakfast was roughly 450, 3 eggs at 70,ea (210) with a slice of pepperjack cheese (80), 2 strips of bacon (90) and a piece of toast (70). And my lunch was [240] 1 Roast chicken breast (150) atop a green/red leaf salad (0) with cucumber bits and carrots (50) and some red pepper balsamic (40). So in total today, i've had [690] calories, with [810] remaining towards a dinner meal right? And i doubt that will even top 400.

And this isn't even eating light or dieting, this is just my normal regimen, which I feared would be really high. So my question is how the heck do people get to the 4000+ range? How much food do you physically have to eat to even get up there a day?

This is my first time ever counting what I eat, so apologies if my numbers are off.

Other urls found in this thread:

mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/thor-bjornsson-diet-what-mountain-eats-his-strongman-training
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose#Fructose_digestion_and_absorption_in_humans
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fast food.

Fat people don't stop eating when they're full. They don't eat because they're hungry, because they're never hungry. They just eat because they feel they must constantly eat.

Anyone who NEEDS 4000 calories a day is hungry enough to consume the recommended daily calorie intake in one meal, go back to work, and then eat another day's worth of calories for their next meal.

I rarely ever get fast food unless i'm with friends, but is it really that bad? I would think restaurants would have larger appetizers + full meals which would be more food than a drive thru window order.

Binge eating.

Easy to do, and fun!

not to call you a literal retard, but I seriously shouldn't have to ask, how did you manage to spend an entire day and construct a post online without realizing you could simply use google to ascertain the amount of calories in foods and meals other than you eat/that fat people eat

>Is it really that bad?

Take it this way, In and out has a burger called a double double. Thats about 300 calories. Now by itself, thats not that bad if you have it as your only meal for lunch and nothing else or water. But now make it a combo, You add salted fries which are 150 extra, and then a large shake, which is 550 extra.

You now turned a 300 meal into a 900. Supersize that with extra large helpings and extra fries, it's now 1400. Buy two sets of that, it's now 2800. Have it for every meal of every day for a week, it's now 10,000+

People are incredibly stupid when it comes to fast food.

mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/thor-bjornsson-diet-what-mountain-eats-his-strongman-training

You just have to keep eating, all day.

Oh I know I can, I just wanted to see Veeky Forumss opinion on the matter. I just know people always complain about staying under 4000 as a buffer, and I couldbn't really fathom why when I (seriously thought my meals were like 2-3k, but they're not even 1.5,) apparently can't even hit that number.

Jesus christ I had no idea people ate that much fast food.

This or just eating traditional meals from agricultural parts of the country where just a few generations ago people actually burned 4000 calories a day.

Breakfast: eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes with butter and syrup get you over 1100 calories to start.

Lunch: 3pc fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw, 2 biscuits and a soda get you to 1300 calories.

Dinner: 2 slices of meatloaf, side of mac and cheese and a soda gets you to 1600 calories

There's 4000 in a day.

Well first off,. why would you have sausage AND bacon, you already get ptoein with the eggs, so why the extra? Same with the biscuits and mashed potatoes, one of the other sounds like more than enough. Though I suppose the sodas are the real catalyst in this scenario huh.

>why would you have sausage AND bacon
>Same with the biscuits and mashed potatoes
Because you can. Maybe you wouldn't if you were cooking for yourself, but if you're eating out meals come like that. I based my examples off a Denny's Grand Slam, a KFC Big Box meal and the meatloaf and mac and cheese from Cracker Barrel. Each of those meals is a little excessive, but not so much that the average person would think twice if they were hungry. But you could just as easily make those meals a little less excessive and still hot 4000 calories in a day drinking a few more sodas, snacking and having dessert after dinner.

I've never even understood why people buy it in the first place. My family is le cordon bleu, so we never really eat out, I was taught to cook my own ingredients at age 7, but even when I compare cost value, it seems like buying ingredients to cook with, is ultimately cheaper than buying fast food, which kills the whole convenience angle. The ingredients also make for multiple meals and dishes, where as the fast food is a one time thing. Like don't get me wrong. I like a good burger and a malt, but fast food just seems incredibly cheap and ill prepped for the cost they ask, versus a good restaurant meal.

Interesting. Well I don't touch soda anymore sinc e I'm diabetic, unless its a diet orange/creme, which is once every blue moon these days. Ironically I've found the caprisun juice pouches are pretty good, since they're low carb and only 50 cal. as well as contained, versus getting a cup of high fructose juice, and then being tempted to get another.

The entire fast/prepared/convenience food industries spends a lot of money on advertising telling people they're too busy to cook. People are generally lazy, and believing it is easier than shopping and cooking. Especially if you have kids and work full time, so you actually do feel like your life is busy.

>too busy to cook
Blasphemy, I take time out of my day TO cook, its fun and i can spend hours in the kitchen deciding on what to make sometimes.

I agree, and do the same. But it's pretty easy to sell the idea of too busy to cook to people who don't feel like cooking and think they're busy. Lots of money is made that way.

>My family is le cordon bleu

If you're responding to me, They are. It's been in our family line to be chefs. I myself am sous for a local eatery, Dad worked at the venetian as head pastry chef for 8 years. and mom owned a bakery when she was around.

To be fair that's only if you have a high maintenance lifestyle
Military day rations tend to cram a massive amount of calories into the breakfast portion

No sarcasm when I say having a baker in the family is a godsend, sometimes I ask my mother if she wants to learn his to bake with me
Our breads either taste too dense from too much kneading, to too alcholy because something we misinterpreted, to just plain under baked

>it seems like buying ingredients to cook with, is ultimately cheaper than buying fast food, which kills the whole convenience angle
No, most people with bad diets don't know how to cook a healthy meal and come from families in which they likely never would have learned. It's a lot more convenient to spend an extra couple dollars to have someone else make your food than to spend months or years figuring out how to feed yourself a balanced and satisfying diet. It's the same reason most people don't work out as much as they should to stay fit. It's inconvenient and isn't as vital today as it was in the past. To have a healthy diet nowadays you have to either actively pursue one or have developed the habit from a young age.

as a 300 lb man, I'll tell you.

>it starts with 1 cup of whole milk every day
>which then turns into 3 or 4 before you say, "ok, I just can't, I'll run out of milk"
>then you eat a chicken sandwich
>marinated in soy sauce, a pinch of added salt for flavor
>then you eat 8 hotdogs for lunch
>they are cut up to make you feel like you are eating less
>before-dinner snack is potato chips in medium heat salsa
>exactly half of a party size bag
>dinner time
>macaroni and cheese, add exactly 2.5 oz tbsps of velveeta for extra flavor
>use uneaten (it happens) hotdogs from lunch for meaty flavor
>as a sidedish, one whole potato with sour cream and cheese
>dessert
>1 skinny cow ice cream sandwich
>can't get too fat now

The average daily calorie intake for a man in the 1700's was 6000, in the 1950's it was 4000, today your supposed to eat no more than 2000.

how do people get so fat? sugar, specifically high fructose corn sugar, it's in everything, and it wasn't a problem until the 1970's when corn growers were subsidized by the government and could manufacture HFCS cheaper than sugar.

I know people who drink 2 to 4 litres of soda a day. yes they are fat.

I drink at least 2 liters of soda per day and I'm technically underweight.

Fat people are fast eaters. This isn't a mutually exclusive thing, but when someone is hungry, it usually takes 20 minutes or so until the signal of feeling full gets felt.
20 minutes is a lot of time. For reference, I used to be a fatty (210 lbs) and would eat a whole medium-sized pizza in 10 minutes without trying to rush. Even now when I'm not a fatty (140 lbs) I still eat fucking everything I see, but instead of pizza I just have veggie stir-fry.
>mfw I made veggie stir-fry filling up an entire saucepan
>Eat it all in one sitting
>Drink two bottles of water immediately after
>Gut is distended like those goblins in the choco river.
>Don't regret it one bit because I'm full and probably didn't even break 400 calories doing so

well goody for you, if I look at a soda I get fat. I have 1 12 oz bottle of Mexican coke (real sugar) per week.

Easy,

>No time for breakfast
>Drink ungodly amounts of overly sweet coffee to make up for lost meal (~150-300 cal)
>Eat quick snack like granola bar (90-150 cal)
>Blood sugar at unbearable levels
>Break down and eat, go for fast because you feel like you're dying
>Literal 1.2K calorie fast food large meal or freezer shit that hits for half that
>Go home
>Hungry again
>Too lazy to cook, eat chips
>Oops, I ate them all (2k cal)
>Still hungry
>Still lazy
>More snacks/hold off and go hangry feast mode again (0-300)
>Too much dinner (400-1000)
>Desert (400)
>Soda all day (500-1000)

I almost got you to 7k. It did require a truly hedonistic day, but not impossible at all.

>chooses real sugar over HFCS
Real sugar just frankly tastes better, HFCS is so overpoweringly sweet it ruins the soda. I can taste the difference between Coke made in Mexico, Coke bottled in USA in glass, Coke bottled in plastic/can in USA, fountain Coke in USA, and diet coke and pepsi. By far the best is glass-bottled Mexican Coke.

>only 1 12 oz bottle of soda per week
Holy shit user how can you even live. Eat more fenugreek, turmeric, chili powder and black pepper so your metabolism can be faster than a fucking snail.

I once ate a pint of ben and jerries ice cream, I thought it had like 250 calories for the whole thing, turns out that was for 1 serving, there were 10 fucking servings in that little package of ice cream.

>chili powder and black pepper
I put this on everything practically. nothing makes my metabolism increase.

>i put this on everything
You aren't doing it right; probably cucking out like Chef John and using "pinches" of cayenne. 1 lb meat = 1-2 tablespoons of kashmiri chili powder, 1-2 tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon turmeric.

>metabolism still not going
You eat too many carbs.

its not just fast foods that have the hidden nasties in it. its pre packaged food too

example bacon made the normal way in the packet contans brine: and in brine is SALT. salt makes the bacon crispy but also dries out the bacon when you cook it.

just remember if you dont make your own sauces/soups/stews etc. you dont know about the hidden salts but also SUGAR. yes thats the sweet taste in your catsup or bbq sauce.

>>why do companies do this?

so it tastes good. be aware just because its fat free it may not be sugar or salt free.
if it ends in -ose they have added sugar, -ine thats salt. especially energy drinks where they put any mumbo jumbo on the can like taurine and gaurana extract to make you by their over sugary soady pop.

Dude? a pinch of cayenne. gooby plees!
I recently bought a big ol' shaker jar full of cayenne I put lots of it on stuff.

pinch? honestly...

I put it on eggs, macaroni and cheese, steak, curry, corn chips, pizza, and more.

Get some of pic related and grind it up and pan-fry it to use in marinades/stews/curries.

>corn chips
Corn isn't an Aryan food, user. Eat Aryan foods.

Snacks are hard for the average person to control depending on how they were raised.

I count myself lucky that I can't stand cheetoes corn nuts or potato chips because I was brought up on water crackers and pastrami slices as a snack. My 4 crackers, a slice of cheese cut into 4s, and the few circles of pastrami is like 140 cal, where as an entire 24oz bag of that death food is 2K+

A good trick is to give yourself a light snacking food, and attribute it to only snacks, and nothing more.

For example, I ordered a 60 count of airheads the other day, for the express purpose of keeping them on hand for a day to day snack. Since one airhead is 10 carbs, and like 90 cal, I can just keep one on hand and have it for when I need a sugar boost. Or break it in half, and use the other half for later. Ideally, it'll last 60+ days, so its a 2 month investment,.

I used to buy whole galons of icecream, and have like 3 scoops with caramel, chocolate and whip cream per night, to where I thought the carton was only supposed to be like 5 servings. Turns out 1/2 a cup was a serving.

And now I only buy Talenti gelato and only have 1/4th of a cup of it now with some fruit. Oddly enough, I feel far more satisfied with that little dish over a big bowl.

>putting this much effort into snacking
It's like you're trying to reinvent being an ape.

Are you still a fatty though?

I'm diabetic, so I need low carb snacks, fruits are good but I usually have my fruits in the morning, so a sweet candy with low amounts of carb is a good pick me up around the afternoon for me.

I've never been a fatty, I've been a stick man who eats way too much despite his stature. In high school i'd eat like shaggy rogers and never feel full, Now ever since I turned 24, I've completely stopped eating mass amounts of things in general. Like my body finally caught up with me and said, No.

>Pineapple
>12 carbs
Is this bait? Pineapple is insanely high on the fruit spectrum.

>sweet
>low-carb
>doesn't want fruit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose#Fructose_digestion_and_absorption_in_humans
Fructose is processed differently than glucose; while glucose can directly be utilized out of the blood stream fructose has to be phosphorylized in the liver before it can be utilized in the blood stream; the end effect being eating sugar (sucrose, 1:1 glucose:fructose) causes a rapid spike in blood sugar levels whereas eating fructose (e.g. an apple which has 2x as much fructose as glucose) doesn't.

I eat massive amounts of chicken, pork, seafood, and beef, in that order.

>upset about x grams of total carbs in 100 grams statistic
I cannot help you.

Thats my point. I keep it on hand for when I'm low. not when I'm high. I have my fruit in the morning, But I want a pick me up for the afternoon, because after a day of work and lunch, My Levels tend to be around 80-90, So a small jolt back to 140 is helpful.

Oh shit you mean you have a problem keeping your blood sugar high enough? Why can't you just eat a donut or something? Don't actually mean to be rude, just got the 'tism and have never talked to anyone about their blood sugar before.

>18
Not a problem persay, It just gets lower in the day because my job is sheparding kids around a mountain all day, which gets plenty of excercise and burns off breakfast. So having a piece of candy to chew on thats easily saved and won't melt is an ideal snack before i get home for dinner.

how do fat people afford being fat? I try to average $10 or less a day on food, which I think is a lot, and I usually can't even afford snacks. fast food is expensive before someone mentions that. I get kfc once a week because I hate myself and 2 number 6s is $10 and change.

>1500 a day
if you're a 4 foot tall girl

>an entire day to do simple addition
triggered land whale detected

OP here. I literally just hit 1190 with dinner and desert now.
Breakfast was [450]
Lunch was [240]
And dinner, which was 1/4 lb of london broil [120], Sauteed carrots [20] a tbsp of BBQ sauce [60] and a half of a biscuit [180]
Which makes 360.

So, 450+ 240+ 360 = 1070

Which leaves me 330 for desert, which I have a 120 cal yogurt already set aside, totaling me at [1190] Well below the 1500 mark for a whole day.

MMMMMMMM! Fast food!

Fuck yeah it is. You can go over your daily caloric requirements with a single meal at most of them. Take eating at Whataburger as an example.
>breakfast
>honey butter chicken biscuit - 560 calories
>hash browns - 190 calories
> Orange Juice - 160 calories
You're sitting at over half your days calorie needs after one meal. Most people have no idea, and will carry on snacking and have two other meals that day.
And any of their "all-time favorite" burgers are insane.
>burger that's around 1000 calories
>french fries - 300 calories
>Coke - 410 calories
1,710 Calories for ONE meal.

Also, most places have abosultely giant portions. If you go to an italian place, you're getting easily 2-3 servings worth of food.

>If you go to an italian place, you're getting easily 2-3 servings worth of food.

Funny enough, I am italian, and I've been going to hole in the wall kitchens since I was a kid. Even though the portion is large, I normally just portion it out and take the rest home. It's great because if the meal was say, $12 or so, I can make 6-8 servings out of it for the cost instead of looking at it as one big meal.

A good alfredo is always my favorite food, but I know how high and dangerous it can be, so its better to make it last rather than indulge. I can even throw some veggies and meats into my portions to pad em out.

Nonono you're doing it wrong

3x3 Animal style, with a Neapolitan Shake and Animal style fries, plus regular fries to shake in the bag with the still warm Animal Fries.

I felt my heart sink after reading that. Good god man.

I do that as well. It's pretty great to get at least 2 meals out of a $15 dollar dish.

I don't know about 4K, but I am overweight and do eat too much. I'm not gaining weight, but I've been about 230 for the past 5 or so years.

In an average day I might get lunch out:
>2x mcdouble - 760
>diet coke - 0
and dinner out:
>big mac - 540
>med fries - 340
>diet coke - 0
both of those meals together totals 1640 kcal, but then I also typically have a snack - usually chips or wafers, which might add another 300 on a good day, or 800 on a bad one.

For me it comes down to being lazy and burnt out, I just cannot bring myself to cook so I rely on relatively expensive and unhealthy, but filling and tasty.

This, Fast food is really bad to have all the time. I try to stay with a few specific items I order, and its usually just because I want something different. I like making healthy dishes, but treating yourself to a good tasting dish every once in a while isn't a crime as long as you do it within reason.

Example:
Carls jr's hand breaded tenders: 450 cal, Not great, but it's 7 of them, and it makes a good lunch. Funny enough, Mcdonalds 4pc chicken nuggets are 550 cal. FOR 4 NUGGETS, not even half the amount of food.

Del Taco's Spicy jack Quesadilla isn't bad either, it's about 340 cal, and a good satisfiying meal by itself.

Other then that I only ever get wendy's dollar chicken sandwich with a slice of asiago, which is like 120 cal.

Don't get the combos and the sugary sodas, and don't make a habbit out of eating it, and you're fine.

>Fast food is really bad
This.
And things like this exist. If you have one of these, it is not hard to see how you'd easily go over 4k for the day.

>333 grams of carb
Jesus christ that would literally kill me.

>what is chocolate
>what is frying
>what is candy
>what is soft/sugar/blended drinks
>what is ice cream
>what is butter
>what is fast food
>what is dessert

When you are adamant on only eating healthy food or stick to being boring and mundane you won't ever get up to at least 2000 calories. Honestly man who the fuck eats salads? If I eat a salad it's spinach salad with lemon and balsamic vinegar. You're so fucking boring.

This many posts in and no one has said alcohol yet?

God bless you guys.

I'd weigh probably 120 lbs without booze at 5'10. As it is, I'm 185.

Processed carbs
Fast food
Soft drinks
Alcohol

> Honestly man who the fuck eats salads?

I started about 2 weeks ago and i can't stop now. It's great having something cold crunchy and refreshing to compliment a soft piping hot meal.

I'm with you on just leaf salads though, I've made pasta and fruit salads, with balamic, bleu cheese, or chese fantastico marinades, and if I want a plain salad i'll toss some cold chicken and croutons into it for flavor.

Pic related was a pineapple and Dragonfruit salad I made last week.

That's only for people who have built up a tolerance

I'm irish and I don't care about alcohol. screw the stereotype. I wouldn't mind sampling whiskey or scotch and some point in life just to say i've done it, but i'd never drink out of habit.

so do you weight 90 lbs?

178 last I checked.

Do you not know what diet soda is?
I was diagnosed type 1 when I was 15 and I've been drinking Diet Coke like water ever since.

how do you weigh so much and eat so little?

I like to eat fattier foods, what you described for lunch would just make me hungrier, ez to get 4k cals if you get a large sonic masterblast, 2300 right there

This has to be a joke... How can so much shit be in just one litre?

>
I do, but i'm not really a soda person. I'll drink det orange/creme/rootbeer. but I hate stuff like Mountain dew and coke, which most places serve. I just stick with low sweetened juices or water.