Does anyone else think these 4 cuisines are overrated AF?

Does anyone else think these 4 cuisines are overrated AF?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_boy_egg
youtube.com/watch?v=udqCVD2cY7s
youtube.com/watch?v=27hXu1p_64I
youtube.com/watch?v=tCeJtDdzhhI
priya-restaurant.com/menu/Priya-Sch-Menu.pdf
grajmahalaustin.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2016-11-Menu.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

Id get rid of soul food.

Same.

Fuck Italian

Italian is Italian elsewhere in the US?
How is it not just slop all everywhere outside of NJ/NYC?

I'd get rid of Chinese

a lot of that stuff in soul food was just adopted from other types of food so ill get rid of soul food
not like they invented fried chicken, mac and cheese, and waffles
thats ridiculous

If you don't live in the NY/NJ/PA triangle, people generally equate Italian food with shit like The Olive Garden. I'm sure OP is a flyoverfag and has never had any memorable experience with the 4 cuisines he has listed because of this.

Bye Mexico

>outside of NJ/NYC?
News Flash: You don't have to live in Stockholm Syndrome: The City in order to have good food.

I'd get rid of soul food

Bye soulfood.

The only other option would be Chinese, and no... because MSG...

Only among poor people. Everyone else thinks of them as mostly lazy cheap garbage food to eat every now and then.

>overrated AF
>AF

Absolutely disgusting, I've heard the same about 'A, it's only chains
News Flash: Most people know this already
You realize people in the NYC/NJ/PA area don't all live in NYC, right?

i'd get rid of soulfood for sure
mexican would be my second choice, even though i like it personally
italian and chinese are not options

the name soul food in inherently problematic
it implies that all other foods are made my soulless people
i would get rid of soul food on the basis that it is racist and not only because its the worse one

italian has nothing spain/france doesn't have
and american pizza is superior

italian

I don't know anyone who raves about soul food. As far as Mexican, Chinese and Italian when you add -American to any of them you get shitty, overrated food. If you're talking about the regional cooking of Italy, Mexico and China some of it is the best food in the world.

italian is overrated. the only good thing they came up with is pizza and then america improved it

""""""""Chinese""""""""""" food is overrated.
Chinese food is criminally underrated.
I eat picrelated every morning.

kek

Italian and chinese maybe. Soul food, mexican, and thai are GOAT.

Those are the four cuisines I make the most.

well obviously soul food since it already doesn't exist

Is soul food even its own thing? Seems more like an amalgamation of other foods that already existed. Would getting rid of it mean I can still eat fried chicken and still eat waffles but never eat them together?

yea i guess
the picture is a pretty stupid question when you think about it that way

I think soul food is technically its own cuisine, but to me soul food=southern food in general minus bbq. Southern bbq is in a league of its own.

The general consensus is that the peasantry of Italian food is overrated as fuck. That's ok. Most of their own food is stolen from other countries.

You do realize that 'soul food' is basically extinct and black folks actually eat way more of the other 3 categories.

$100 says OP is a suburban white kid who's never actually met any blacks but "loves soul food."

fuck soulfood since it isn't even real

Soul food absolutely is real. It's the American third world of cuisine. No one would eat pigs feet or collard greens on purpose. All the trash and shit cuts that aren't prepared by BBQ fall under soul food.

>No one would eat pigs feet or collard greens on purpose.
You're just making shit up there.

Ok nigger

goodbye italian

MSG is completely safe

>bye
i think its silly how you all are saying farewell to food

bye user

Mexican

>Chinese food is criminally underrated
>Virgin Boy Eggs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_boy_egg

I don't think you know what "underrated" means.

Just curious, if you think those four (aka the most popular 4 dinner/takeout foods in America) are overrated, then what alternatives did you have in mind? Middle eastern food is all I can think of.

Mexican.

easy.
There are only so many ways I can eat tortilla with rice, beans, cheese, salsa and meat.

such a boring cuisine, what's not boring is their native american stuff but you rarely see that outside Mexico.

bye felicia lol jk

I'm Gen Z

btw, that picture does not match italian. what's pictured right there is "Italian", the overcooked noodle shit covered in greasy shitty cheese over and over. Those dishes are far to widespread here in the US. Disgusting.

real Italian food is actual food, not that disgusting excuse of a calorie bomb.

Mexican and Italian. Boring, formulaic piece of shit foods

>Pasta, tomato sauce and cheese
>Corn, beans, avocado and chili peppers
>Both in 800 different shapes and forms
>But user there's also this obscure dish from the south that's slightly different

Nobody gives a fuck. Mexican and Italian are the definition of pleb foods, truly the kind of garbage that only could be liked and popuralized by americans

so far i think only one person has said chinese food and not because they think its bad but because they are a snob and did the whole """"""""""""chinese"""""""""""" food like a faggot
like yea dude we all know that it isnt actual chinese food, get over yourself

What the f*ck is real Italian then?

top kek

>Town I live in was literally fields before WWII
>Built from scratch by Italian inmates from an internment camp
>A dozen amazing restaurants from first generation Italian immigrants and their children
>See firsthand as local traditions and unique small-town culture dies off as generations pass and children are Americanized
>Get unironically told multiple times by innumerable faceless Hive City dwellers that I've never had REAL Italian, handcooked by Tony Pajamas the sixth generation Italian-Irish-Polish-German Immigrant and his crack team of illegal workers in his "Small business" owned by a multi-billion dollar 'small business firm'
Actually get fucked
This fucking cancerous attitude has never come out of someone with a palate able to tell the difference between dirt and dog shit
You shitposters should be euthanized

Impressed that you have such a succinct picture to describe your choice.

italian-americans need to get the fuck over themselves, holy shit you're embarrassing

Not OP but there are plenty of options if you live anywhere near a major city where you get actual real food:
Thai, Jamaican, Indian, Indonesian, Ethiopian, Middle-eastern, Greek, etc. etc.

Tough choice, I like them all. But if I had to get rid of one, it'd probably be italian.

>i drink a shot of roundup everyday because i like industrially derived chemicals whose manufacturing process and byproducts aren't disclosed because mommie blogs say their bad.
Good goy!

Damn, interesting. I'll keep that in mind in case I ever visit NYC.

>Italian represented by only pasta and Chinese with Chinese-American restaurant fare

>Indian
my man

it's naturally occuring and you're a retard who doesn't vaccinate their children

This

this, also japanese

Wow look at this pleb

they include mac and cheese as "soulfood" explain that? mac and cheese is white as hell since blacks are lactose intorlerant

Italy has a huge variety of food, most of which are not covered and drenched in poor quality tomato sauce and greasy cheese.
Most Italians care about food and know how to cook on some level. They will recognize poorly made food, such as "Italian" immediately, same with any people from a culture where cooking at home is the standard (In the US, take out is the standard in many states)

See videos as a related picks.

youtube.com/watch?v=udqCVD2cY7s

youtube.com/watch?v=27hXu1p_64I

youtube.com/watch?v=tCeJtDdzhhI

Plenty to chose from.

Indian food varies a lot by region as well; a north indian restaurant is likely to have a completely different menu than a south indian one.
>South Indian Menu from Chicago-area restaurant
priya-restaurant.com/menu/Priya-Sch-Menu.pdf
>North Indian Menu from Austin area
grajmahalaustin.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2016-11-Menu.pdf

Most Indian restaurants will feel chain-y because they all have the n. indian standard menu; but if you can find a south indian place it is objectively better.

good post

>lactose intolerant
>processed & cooked dairy, i.e. mac'n'cheese
Lactose intolerance deals with the ability to drink raw milk you moron; the enzymes in the cheese culture eat all the lactose for you. That's why cheese fucking exists in the first place.

>Soul Food
It's okay but hardly constitutes its own genre because most soul food is actually just inferior snippets of other foods. Chitlin's/Chitterlings are garbage and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Stewed greens are cool but idk if soul food can lay claim to that entire catergory of vegetable prep.

>Mexican
Avocado makes me vomit reflexively which shits up most of the nu-Mexican food for me, but I've had some good stuff.

>Italian
Keep this one around, Italy has produced some good shit.

>Chinese
Authentic Chinese sans the gutter oil is pretty great, and there's a huge enough variety of foods here to hold you over. 5,000 years of cooking will do that.

wow pumpkin sauce instead of tomato sauce
wow pasta dish #2842882
wow pureed vegetables

>he likes/is mexican/italian
Won't argue with you user, your life is already shit enough

lactose intolerance is an inability to digest lactose because you do not develop the enzyme to break it down before it gets deep into the small intestines. As a result the gut flora will have a feast of the complex lactose sugar causing bloating, gas.. etc
It is generally triggered at a threshold and some are able to consume certain amounts dairy products without too much discomfort. However there is also an upright allergy to dairy that gets widely bunched together lactose intolerance causing hysteria.
t.someone with lactose intolerance

I LIKE MOZZARELLA AND TOMATO SAUCE
FUCK YOU UPPITY FAGGOTS

the only one i disagree here is chinese - if you find a good chinese place it's absolutely delicious

Native american stuff in mexico? What do you mean

Chinese

Fuk ‘soul food’ it just means super high fat content nigger food oh and some fucking shit tier collared greens :/

Seriously. Why call it soul food? Its nigger food. Food for niggers.

Can you eat cheese though?

>Shitposting this fucking hard

Get rid of the chink food.

>a faggot defending fag food

mexican imo

I would pick chinese. I like it but I'm bad at making it and there's no good restaurants within miles of me.

Italian has to go

Some of the foods can be over rated

But each category has many sub categories that are not overated

Because Italians live all over the United States

>Mexican
You won't be missed

This

Mexican is the most overrated
its bascially just like Indian food
overloaded with spices which covers for its blandness

chitalianese food or mexican soul food
one gotta go my nigga

spices to cover up blandness you say?

He's right though

I'm a Southerner and I agree. Drowning everything in lard or butter does not equal good cooking.

I'd say Japanese.At least those listed are pretty cheap.

Bye bye Mexican.

Italian is shit, lowest tier cooking there is with not a single original idea in sight

Chinese food and the Chinese people along with it. Good riddance.

what spices?

Its the worst asian cuisine. Thai and Vietnamese are bomb. Japanese and korean are okay, Chinese is eh.