McCarthy, Cormac: Dislike him. Writer of cowboy chronicles. To consider them masterpieces is an absurd delusion...

McCarthy, Cormac: Dislike him. Writer of cowboy chronicles. To consider them masterpieces is an absurd delusion. A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me.

Pyncon, Thomas: Dislike him. A cheap sensationalist, clumsy and vulgar. A prophet, a claptrap historian and a slapdash comedian. Some of his scenes are extraordinarily amusing. Nobody takes his reactionary absurdism seriously.

thanks 4 sharing

tell me more about this "Thomas pyncon"

nabokov was patrish

he at least had the balls to call out books like Don Quixote, Crime and Punishment etc as being shit rather than just worshipping them out of tradition

Wallace, David Foster: A favorite between the ages of 8 and 14. Essentially a writer for very young people. Certainly inferior to Hemingway and Wells. Intolerable souvenir-shop style, romanticist clichés. Nothing I would care to have written myself. In mentality and emotion, hopelessly juvenile. Romantic in the large sense. Slightly bogus.

Martin, George R. R. A favorite between the ages of 10 and 15, and thereafter. A great artist, my favorite writer when I was a boy. His feminist cogitations can be safely ignored, but his romances and fantasies are superb. A far greater artist than Conrad. A writer for whom I have the deepest admiration.

Rowling, J.K. Second rate S.E. Hinton. Loathe her. Has her hair styled by gypsies.

Don Quixote is a masterpiece, Nabokov was a retard.

it was important in the development of the novel but by the 1800s a miserable, primitive book

What was primitive about it exactly?

I bet you haven't even read it. Don Quixote has more value than most realist and romanticist garbage. Keep enjoying Nabokov's semen, pleb.

better just throw it away so we can fit more Picoult, Franzen, and Greene on our bookshelves then!

repetition would be the main flaw, I mean the book was pretty ground breaking and did a lot of new things but almost everything in there was improved on by other writers
I read an English translation of it, took a lot of willpower to finish it. There's nothing worse than sheep who worship old books due to consensus and never branch out and develop their own tastes

You: Pretentious bore. Rarely gets invited to social gatherings. Finds it difficult to establish and maintain friendships. Holds extremely pedantic positions on writers and their works.

Nabokov wasn't a pretentious guy

Dostoevsky, Fyodor. Dislike him. A cheap sensationalist, clumsy and vulgar. A prophet, a claptrap journalist and a slapdash comedian. Some of his scenes are extraordinarily amusing. Nobody takes his reactionary journalism seriously.
The Double. His best work, though an obvious and shameless imitation of Gogol's "Nose."
The Brothers Karamazov. Dislike it intensely.
Crime and Punishment. Dislike it intensely. Ghastly rigmarole.

>translation
lol

>learning spic

Daily reminder that Nabokov was a crypto-pleb who attempted to conceal his pseudointellectualism with ostentatious rhetoric at every opportunity

If you didn't think Don Quixote was hilarious and fun to read, then I wonder what kind of things can possibly make you laugh.

nah he was better read than anyone on Veeky Forums, he was native level in three languages and wrote some of the best novels in the English language

It is funny.... for the first 200 pages

The book is very poorly structured and in need of a good editor, I'm not going to pretend it's perfect just because it was the first modern novel

>in need of a good editor
When will this meme die

when you develop your own literary tastes (never, you pleb)

>in need of a good editor

I sense you're American.

British

Even worse

yes. well... you've resorted to ad hominem to defend a book you probably haven't even read

He was wrong about Faulkner and Dostoevsky, but anyone who revered Hellens, Bely and Robbe-Grillet couldn't have been all bad.

Evola, Julius: Adore him. A true prophet, articulating fears that I've had since my youth. I am grateful for his work and that I will not be alive for the catastrophe it predicts.

Indeed it was ABSOLUTELY HILLARIOUS when Cervantes stressed FORT THE HUNDREDTH TIME Quixote did this and that zany thing because he learned from those chivalric romances BECAUSE HAVE I TOLD YOU KIDS THOSE VERY VERY BAD. I literally couldn't hold my sides.

Cervantes was a crude didacticist struck by one great idea, Don Quixote is not bad but grossly overrated, and everything Cervantes wrote outside Don Quixote was melodramatic garbage.

Tea: Earl Grey. Hot.

kek