Some particular writer is considered great

>some particular writer is considered great
>had nothing literally nothing to do every day
I'd like to see them write good shit while surrounded by internet and tv, that's the real proving ground.

unfunny, pointless thread

Dostoevsky had a gambling problem and an addictive personality. He ran multiple newspapers, lived in a Siberian prison, was in the military. He wrote to eat and when he couldn't he pawned his winter coat in fucking RUSSIA. He also wrote some of the greatest novels of all time.

His life was a constant distraction and he still accomplished more by 25 than you will in your whole life.

/thread

this attitude tells me you haven't read Walden Pond. Literal cheat code to life.

Dang, a moment of silence for OP

Chekhov was a practicing doctor and philanthropist who built schools and roads for his community, and even treated most his patients for free, while being a top 10 writer of all time.

>He also wrote some of the greatest novels of all time.

That's funny.

Why is Veeky Forums full of threads shitting on accomplished writers and well-established fields of study? Is it all to troll pseuds? It's really dull

>Not loving both Tolstoy and Dosto

My friend! Why do you do this to yourself?

>Chekhov
>top 10

Everyone in this thread loves him, but no.

intellectual posturing

Name 10 writers better than him, then save the post on your computer in case you need an insanity plea approved or a mental retardation diagnosis

also
>was epileptic
>his son died of epilepsy before him
>had to write a book about gambling addiction to pay gambling debts

I don't do anything I don't want to, C&P was shit and wasted my time. I am not inclined to read anything else by Dosto. Anna Karenin, on the other hand, was probably the best book I have ever read.

Certainly my posture and status as an anonymous poster on a adolescent's Japanese anime culture image board is my primary concern in life.

>I'd like to see them write good shit while surrounded by internet and tv, that's the real proving ground.

dear god in heaven, i understand your pain. "o, television, please stop distracting me with home cooking shows and monster truck rallies, or i shall never complete my magnum opus. good lord, ANOTHER tweet! whatever shall i do?"

i suggest you follow mayakovsky's example. right the fuck now.

I dunno man, if bragging about NOT having read certain works isn't posturing I don't know what it

>mayakovsky's
what is that?

if i had to guess id say its some fag who killed himself

>he still accomplished more by 25 than you will in your whole life.
He didn't start writing until his mid thirties.

Dostoevky is not even 5th Russia's best writer, you probably like him because you found some platitudinous ditty about God in a monologue one of his characters spouts for 5 pages and now you hope you'll impress likeminded retards with it.

Brothers Karamazov is as good as anything Tolstoy wrote.

>why are there contrarians in Veeky Forums?

are you new?

it's almost like Veeky Forums has a culture of critique

Interesting conspiracy theory, here. Who wrote Poor Folk and The Double when Dostoevsky was 24/25, then?