You ever made your own candy before? Tell me about it. Mostly talking about stuff like pic related

You ever made your own candy before? Tell me about it. Mostly talking about stuff like pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WBN19FnT13Y
monashfodmap.com/about-fodmap-and-ibs/
herbco.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=9OPc7MRm4Y8
youtube.com/watch?v=6UBz8zeoHP4
youtube.com/user/LoftyPursuits/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=GVKrLumCEpA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I tried making some but made a slop of shit.

yea i had a melted block of chocolate which was left in my car and i ate it

Lemme guess.. melted block of chocolate left in your car

Usually peanut chocolate brittle because I don't have a copper pan nor the willingness to make hard candy.

Does a melted block of chocolate left in my car count?

I have fantasies of starting my own little side business selling homemade hard candies in cute packaging. Am I a retarded faggot?

No you're just a inspired faggot. Good luck

check out Andre's in Kansas City, such a great little shop, and shows that it can really be done. They got in when the getting was good though. Such a great little truffle shop

I've done toffee and chocolate covered toffee before which turned out great.
And lollipops and bubblegum from kits when I was little.

Thanks user. I'll do my best.

I see no reason to make non-chocolate candy when we now have year round access to fresh fruit.

Tough market. Hard candies are easy to mass produce on the cheap by big companies. You're gonna need an angle like.. made with local organic juices. Even then, It's probably not going to take off, IMO.
BUT, I admire your inspiration. Maybe just make them for friends. Or find a local shop that sells boutique items to rich fags and go with that. I just wouldn't expect it to be a day job.
I've only made chocolate covered cherries, marshmallows, taffy, and candy bar knock-offs before. Never tried hard candies even though I prefer them over all chocolate confections.

I got a candy thermometer and made some of this poison a couple years ago.

That's basically my plan. I don't expect to make much, or even turn a profit. I'm basically going to make unique "craft" flavors (nothing too insane/cringy) with organic ingredients and try to sell to hipsters. Just something fun to do as a hobby. We'll see where it goes.

Blue raspberry flavor has no fruit equivalent tho

There's actually a market for health restricted items, like Lowfodmap. I have to eat lowfodmap, and even finding coughdrops is hell. If you could make good tasting candies, i'd buy them. Like Altoids sour tangerine tins from the 90s tier.

That's a really good idea user. Have to admit I've never heard of Lowfodmap though, gotta do a little research.

Well then, enjoy.

Hard Mode: replicate Altoid's tangerine sours.
Easy Mode: replicate Altoid's tangerine sours by using orange essential oils and a shit ton of citric/malic acid.

Two for altoid sours. I must attempt.

I Want Candy
youtube.com/watch?v=WBN19FnT13Y

Basically lowfodmap people cant digest certain sugars that are in fruits, veg and grains.
If you were to make candies, you gotta use sugar only, no weird shit like HFCS. I cant even have honey or agave. As far as flavors, avoid mango,apple, peach and watermelon, unless you use artificial. I have no idea if it affects people or not. Citrus is safe though, lol. monashfodmap.com/about-fodmap-and-ibs/ They have a good app, if you want to look and see what foods are restricted. Keep in mind that some foods affect certain people more than others, A lot of the food deemed safe for me, I cannot eat. I basically eat rice, potatoes, cheese and skyr yogurt every day. It's sad bc i wanted to be a chef at one point, then i got sick. I make nice things though, when i feel like it.
It would just be nice to have some quality items that are safe once in a while, as a good portion of the time i dont feel like cooking bc I am so ill. So yeahhhhh sorry to go on a spiel, but candies would be nice.

Really, it was mostly their powerful flavor and intense sourness that made them loved.
Not sure if you have sources, but this place has been useful for me.
herbco.com/

Nice shill post I bet it has "powerful flavor."

Got me. I've been surfing Veeky Forums for years now just waiting for an opportunity to sell my small company's wares to a single non-incorporated individual.

Perhaps I made my own corporation before you were born.
youtube.com/watch?v=9OPc7MRm4Y8

Or perhaps you didn't.
youtube.com/watch?v=6UBz8zeoHP4

Fact is I really did, a Delaware corporation.

Okay, sounds good. There's lots of places to get oils from. I just listed one I'm familiar with.
Don't really understand why you're being so drunk about it.

Don't project on me pajeet.

Reality mode: There's no market for it and they're not in business to loose money.

Made my own marshmallows
Sticky and gloopy with the texture of an obese whale's blubber
Ate them anyway because waste
Never again

youtube.com/user/LoftyPursuits/videos

It's a bit weird seeing a video on the day I decided to try to make candy

youtube.com/watch?v=GVKrLumCEpA

chocolate covered peanutbutter pretzel bars.
they tasted alright but looked like shit

even better: open a small shop in a sleepy town selling your hard candies to the townspeople for little profit but making a comfy living. Ahh.