You have 30 seconds to give me your BEST chicken noodle soup recipe!

You have 30 seconds to give me your BEST chicken noodle soup recipe!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=45WXFbSyGm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first ingredient: a bullet

Brine Chicken Overnight
Bake Chicken, save all juices, pull off chicken breast for soup.
Eat thighs/legs for dinner
Save bones from dinner and chicken carcass.

1 qt veg broth
2 qt chicken broth
add in your gelled chicken juices you saved
Throw in bones.
Cook that shit for 2.5 hrs
Season w fresh black/pink pepper, salt, celery salt, garlic powder, onion powder, ~6 sprigs fresh thyme, dried parsley, throw in torn pieces of chicken breast
While that is cooking for 30 mins, start your veg in a separate pan, add in chopped carrots and celery, including the leafy center of the celery. You're starting the softening process, you're not cooking this shit dude. Like 7 mins max. You are not serving mushy veg. You want to preserve the taste of the fucking carrots when you put them in your mouth it should taste like a damn carrot. Put in the soup to finish, but dont over cook.
Throw away noodles
Add rice, wait 20 mins.

Soups done faggot.

>chicken breast for soup
but thats the worst meat for soup, its fucking dry and tastless
just buy chicken legs and maybe some gizzards for the best soup

>dry and tasteless
did you not read?
I SAID BRINE NIGGA. tf out of here with that shit.

or, you could just not bother and go for the real deal-legs/wins and gizzards

also forgot to say paprika, red chili flakes and cayenne.

OR, you could actually make a clean and rich tasting soup for once in your life.

For funsies op, I like to add cream sometimes to my own bowl.
Ignore this heathen.

Use hens instead of chicken. Cut into large pieces, don't shred. Fuck the noodles, use large chunks of starcy vegetables like potato, yuca, green plantain, butternut squash, large chunks of corn on the cob, etc. Start it with onions, garlic, carrots, celery and peppers (including some hot peppers). Use homemade broth/stock or boullion, I don't give a shit. Use lots of cilantro. Simmer that shit low and slow all day. Don't let your veggies get too soft, this should almost be like a brothy stew.

>all that noodles
at this point, just make a pasta instead

make chicken stock
strain
sweat diced onions, celery, and carrot in butter
add chicken stock
add chicken meat
add egg noodles
season with fresh thyme, salt, pepper
simmer until noodles are al dente
remove from heat
ladle into bowls
finish with fresh parsley and lemon juice

>clean
what is unclean about chicken legs, wings, and gizzards? or are you some pl3bbit mouth breathing retard?
gizzards have the cleaner calorie ratio than breast and the other two barely have any fat after making soup

There's so, so many delicious chicken soup recipes, it's hard to pin down a single one. But I have some tips. Always add a bit of turmeric to chicken soups, it adds beautiful color (unless for some reason it wouldn't compliment the color of the soup, like if it's base is greens or black beans, or something like that). Also, never overcook your chicken, because it can still get a bad texture even if it's in liquid. Also, overcooked vegetables suck. And, always, always make your own stock.

>And, always, always make your own stock
so, ive been thinking about getting some chickent legs and maybe a breast, trhowing it in a pot with water, boil for a bit, then use that water as my broth and mix with the veggies?

You can do better than that without any more trouble.
>buy some legs and wings, or if you have a legit butcher, you can probably get necks and backs as well, for practically nothing.
>place on a baking sheet at roast chicken parts at 425F until browned.
>Let cool and then use a cleaver or your biggest knife to crack all the bones
>put all the chicken in a pot, including any juices on the baking sheet
>add a yellow (brown skinned) onion, quartered with the skin on, a couple of celery ribs in chunks, a large carrot in chunks, a bay leaf, 2 allspice berries if you have them, and 5-6 peppercorns.
>cover with cold water and bring to a boil
>use a spoon to remove any foam from the top
>lower the heat until it's at a gentle simmer and simmer for at least 5 hours, preferably more, you want to extract all the good stuff you can.
>strain into a non-plastic container and let cool, then refrigerate overnight.
>the next day, remove most of the fat from the top (it's ok if you can't or don't remove all of it), your stock should be a nice jiggly jelly.
>it's ready to use! Also, any tiny bits that made it through the strainer will be stuck at the bottom, so if that bothers you, dont spoon the jelled stock out from the bottom. Or you can reheat it and strain again through some cheesecloth or a thin, fine cotton tea towel.

im a bit retarded and a shit cook, but whats the point to add onions/carrots/celery to my stock, when im going to make a mirepoix mix for the base of my soup later anyway?

It makes for a richer tasting stock. The vegetables you add to the soup should retain their own flavors, and you won't be cooking the soup as long. It won't have time to really flavor the stock itself. I'm really tired right now, so I'm not putting it correctly. Basically you want layers of flavor to make a soup with depth.

Brine just replaces meat juice with saltwater.
Saltwater isn't flavorful user.

When you make a stock you want to strain the vegetables out. It gives the stock flavor, but you still want vegetables in the end product.

Roast chicken thighs, wings, drumsticks, etc.
Chop up some onion (or leek, which, in my opinion, tastes slightly better), celery, carrots.
Put them all in a pot. Pour water in. Leave it simmering for several hours. Throw in some chicken breasts during the last hour of cooking, and then shred them into pieces. Put the noodles in the soup about 10 minutes before finishing the cooking process. Add salt to taste.
You could also add some celeriac, parsnips, parsley, rutabaga (swede), zucchini, or even cabbage or kale, if you want to.
Alternatively, if you've already got some homemade chicken stock in the fridge, or in a can or something, then you can reduce the cooking time from several hours to just under 1 hour.
>Using fresh thyme and dried parsley
>Using rice instead of noodles for chicken noodle soup
You dun goofed.

>Put them all in a pot. Pour water in. Leave it simmering for several hours.
wait you don't strain out 1 hour boiled miroporoix?
You do know you're suppose to strain it right?

>all these fuckers using chicken thighs, wings, breasts and drumsticks for soup.
no fags, you put those with veggies and potatoes in the oven for a nice roast, you use the breasts for a stir fry or tendies and then you use the rest of the chicken to make the soup.

You people to learn about the wonders of matzo ball soup

Am I the only one that likes mushrooms in their chicken noodle soup?

>open can of chicken noodle soup
>microwave for about 2 minutes
>eat

Do you ever make beef stew or bean soup and discard the mirepoix after 3 hours (or more) of simmering?
I guess not.
I like my chicken soup to taste like nothing but chicken and mirepoix, which is why I don't add any other strong-tasting vegetables to it. I could try it some day, but I wouldn't call it chicken soup. I'd call it chicken and mushroom soup.

>Do you ever make beef stew or bean soup and discard the mirepoix after 3 hours (or more) of simmering?
Of course. mirepoix is meant to be discarded.

I like mushrooms in just about anything. If I'm using mushrooms I'll use barley or rice instead of noodles. Not sure why, it just seems fitting.

"cyпaтa" ти пpиличa нa яхния, пpиятeл

тoвa фидe ce paзшиpи пoвeчe oткoлкoтo oчaквaх хeхe.

one part chicken
one part noodles
[spoiler]two[/spoiler] parts soup
That's my secret ingredient.

Here's the recipe I use whenever I don't want to cook for the rest of the week

>Water
>Chicken bones / stock
>Salt
>Pepper
>Garlic powder
>Ginger
>Onions
>Carrots
>Zucchini
>Broccoli
>Bean Sprouts
>Chicken legs/thighs
>Pasta

Bretty good. Too lazy to write out the recipe but from the ingredients you probably know how it works.

You have shitty reading comprehension.

Welp lads, OP here, I think i did good.
It tastes amazing, at least
Used some legs and chicken breasts

looks good senpai, are those chilli flakes?

Dunno, i just make instant Maggi soups cos im fucking trash at cooking, bro

no.

>3 cans cooked chicken
>2 cans cream of chicken soup
>1 can of water
>3 cans chef boyardee mac n cheese
>1 bag frozen mixed veggies
Pot
Heat
Stir
Eat

>american cuisine

chicken
noodles
soup

Chef John recipe.
youtube.com/watch?v=45WXFbSyGm4

A several step process that i did over 2 days but turned out very tasty. I did the stock on day one and put the stock in the fridge overnight. The next day you can easily scoop off the hard fat layer that forms on top of the gelled broth. You can definitely do it in one day if you have the time.

1. roast a chicken along with some veg (onion, celery, and a bit of carrot) in a dutch oven.

2. remove the chicken breast (if roasted right it will be juicy, tender, and delicious). Also remove other darker pieces of meat if you prefer that or to eat later.

3. break down the carcus and add it back to the dutch oven.

4. add enough water to cover all and enough to make the amount of soup you want (about 2 qts).

5. simmer for about 3 hours, strain, and toss the solids and place in fridge.

Day 2

6. cook some mirepoix in a little butter and chicken fat from the stock.

7. season with salt, pepper, thyme, and add the stock and bring to boil.

8. add noodles (flat egg noodles) and cook for about 5 minutes and then add the chicken and simmer for another 5 minutes.

This cannot be real.

>Open can of Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
>Dump into bowl
>Microwave for 1:30 microwave time
>Enjoy?
>Cry deeply

kino

Would eat the shit out of it, fampai

>american
Not really. Texan.
>not real
Of course it is and its good.
Dont need all that fancy crap.
The cheesy of the mac mingles with the creamy of the canned soup and wa la amazing. Nothing wrong with canned chicken. I aint got time for all that thawing and chopping and and cooking fresh chicken when my recipe tastes as good as any.