What's that book that brought you out of the abyss Veeky Forums? How did it help you?

What's that book that brought you out of the abyss Veeky Forums? How did it help you?

As cliché as it has now become, reading Infinite Jest when I was in 11th grade reinvigorated my commitment to literature and literary studies. Subsequently exploring Hart Crane cemented those commitments. I've since moved on to other things, but I'll always appreciate DFW and Crane.

>out
oh wow lol

?

As cliché as it has now become, reading Tao Lin when I was in 11th grade reinvigorated my commitment to literature and literary studies. Subsequently exploring Tao Lin cemented those commitments. I've since moved on to other things, but I'll always appreciate Tao Lin and Tao Lin.

For me it's Kefka – intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

An interest in history. I began with a book on ancient rome and once I get a vacation weekend away from school I will begin a book on ancient greece. It's still a work in progress but hopefully reading books will become a mainstay in my life.

meditations by meme Aurelius

is anything slightly more than obscure a meme nowadays?

Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates.

good rec

bump

As cliché as it has now become, reading A Thousand Plateaus when I was in the 11th grade reinvigorated my commitment to psychoanalysis and psychoanalytic theories. Subsequently exploring the body without organs and the sinthome cemented those commitments. I've moved onto other things, but I'll always appreciate the abstract machine of faciality.

Diogenes the Cynic: Sayings and Anecdotes really helped me put things in perspective

As cliché as it has now become, reading The Culture of Critique when I was in 11th grade reinvigorated my commitment to literature and literary studies. Subsequently exploring cemented those commitments. I've since moved on to other things, but I'll always appreciate MacDonald and Brown.

As cliché as it has now become, reading the McDonald's Drive Thru menu when I was in 11th grade reinvigorated my commitment to literature and literary studies. Subsequently exploring Burger King cemented those commitments. I've since moved on to other things, but I'll always appreciate McDonalds and Burger Kwin.

Despite seeing this picture so many times, it's the first time I've seen it in its whole

Who is that?

No it's not

What? That's the picture used as the album art of the Arctic Monkeys' Whatever People Say I Am I'm Not.

No, it's not.

>mfw

Yes it is

underage b8

underage reply