I've heard people claim that fish caught while ice-fishing taste better/fresher/more flavorful than fish caught during...

I've heard people claim that fish caught while ice-fishing taste better/fresher/more flavorful than fish caught during the summer. Is this just a psychological effect, or is there actual evidence either way?

they dont eat much, metabolism slows down, so theyre cleaner. no poop.

Shouldn't they taste worse because it's colder in the winter so they sweat less so the toxins stay in them ?

They get parboiled in the summer.

having been icefishing myself, i think they taste better simply because of the effort i had put into sitting out in the cold for hours after hauling an auger and hut all the way out there

id eat her fish, if you know what i mean

I assume fish living in very cold conditions are much fattier

does she have very very short arms?

>fish
>sweat

>your post
>reddit

No, I don't. Please elaborate.

The water- and fat content of a fish will change with the seasons so many fishes do indeed have different taste, and texture, depending on the time of year.

What do ice fish feel like?

her pucci LMAO

Cold.

Who is that bitch to steal that little fishy from his home, I hope she gets raped by an anime fan

Like bags of sand.

I know exactly what you mean. That's a very tasty fish she caught.

they have more fat stores in the winter

>American retail structure in the winter

>putting on a bunch of makeup to go fishing

Maybe fish wasn't the only thing she was trying to catch.

>having an uggo slopy gf that doesnt take care of herself whenever shes with you
how fat are you, dudester?

Ice fishing is literally the most fun you can have sitting around a hole in the ice. I recommend it.

>most fun you can have sitting around a hole in the ice
What exactly would be the alternative?

>Not looking your best at all times
Trashy user

>tfw you'll never snuggleup with your canadian cutie after a cold day of ice fishing.

fucking the ice water with your buds

feels good man

I've never done a side by side comparison, but I believe it. I grew up fishing all the time, including ice fishing. Catching a nice haul of crappie or perch or walleye through the ice is always pleasant. Of course it's going to taste great.