Food service industry story thread

Food service industry story thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1517330513193.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*store closes at 8 pm*
Mexicans at 7:59

the local pizza place i work at, every night we always get one or two people who make huge delivery orders 10mins before we close. they are always black.

>go on delivery
>ticket says 20 locust ave
>go to 20 locust ave
>there's no number on the house but that's what my GPS tells me is 20 locust ave
>knock on door
>...
>knock again
>call the phone number on the ticket
>no answer
>knock again
>...
>call again, get hung up on
>call again, their phone is dead

>okay fucky, you're not getting your pizza
>go make next delivery which is literally across town
>fucky's pizza gets cold on the way
>call my boss
>as it turns out, my lazy, good for nothing, fat gingerkid manlet piece of shit coworker is the one who took this particular order
>this guy literally never does any work and spends half his shift looking at fantasy football and twitch streams
>one of the numbers on the phone number was a 9 instead of a 4, he just has terrible handwriting
>call the number
>lady is absolutely furious
>the address was 20 locust DRIVE, not avenue
>pizza is freezing cold
>pin the whole thing on my coworker, she's nice enough to give me a tip

>come back
>boss chews me out
>coworker is still just sitting there, reading fantasy football stats

>Get paid to do a job
>Work makes me angry sometimes
>People ask for things
>Autism flares up
>Too cowardly to actually do anything
>Come to Veeky Forums to bitch and seek attention
Waa!

Says the neet

>Gas station/pizza joint night guy on the border of the ghetto
>Constantly have people bring their rambunctious niglets to sprint around the store while they can i get uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>Her kids are behind the counter asking me for a quarter while mammy makes the life defining decision of what flavor wrap she wants to go with her buffalo chicken pizza
>Get to watch a 7 year old get his ass beat while the next customer can i get uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>comes into restaurant
>can you make me this overly complicated thing that is not on the menu from scratch? kthx

That's Sir Customer for you, wagey.

this only annoys me if they're cunts about it or say the obligatory "you guys do this for me all the time..soo......

Lmao fuck you pizza delivery faggot. Sounds like you're OUT OF TOUCH and you don't know how to be LITTY

>But the other store does it for me without charging me for the add ons

your post is shitty

Back to /tv/, Dwayne.

I never order anything that isn't on the menu unless it's a small place, I know the owners, and they are happy to do it. There are a couple of family-owned ethnic restaurants in my neighborhood who will make anything they have the ingredients for if you ask. I never even asked, they just offered me stuff.

Sounds fucking terrible that you have to actually do work for the time you're paid to be there doing the work

Black customers are on average worse, but the absolute worst customers are always white.

agreed.
black customers order food right before close and tip you 5%.
white customers try to get you fired because you didn't ask them if they wanted soymilk or not.

>working a small mcdonalds inside a walmart during school
>Rush usually goes 7-8pm no idea why
>Lines get so long that the back of the line could turn around and order the fried chicken in the deli
>Power through it, manager is a big quiet dude that has some 6th sense shit going on to get us through, pre makes a ton between 645-7 and gets rid of all of it
>Mid rush, big guy mutters some shit and tells me to go in the back and grab more nuggets, sauce packets and pickles
>No pickles, last bag of nuggets, tons of sauces
>Order was a day late so we were on our last leg
>And theres a tard shrieking up front while his mother yells at the manager my
>He grabs a handful of sauces out of the box I was carrying and drops them in their bag
>Tard calms down
>Middle age white woman with that haircut: was that so hard?
>As they turn and go i hear "wow three for free" as we go back to dealing with the last 40 people in line they held up over free extra sauce packets

wow great story

I think a big part of these issues is how managers respond. Customers who have ridiculous requests like some of the ones described in this thread usually won't take any shit from a grunt server or cook or sandwich artist or whatever, but I think they see managers as being equal to them. If a manager (such as mine does) continuously just gives people what they want to appease them, then that's how customers are going to act, and many of them are just going to get more and more entitled. In my view, it's the job of a manager to set the standard of how a store's service is going to be performed.

You could have earned a nickel in the fifteen minutes it took you to type that out.

>go to fast food place
>place order
>food is by no definition fast
>go to pay
"oh no sorry, the card machine's broken"
>no sign up or warning
>ask if there's a cash machine nearby
"year at the train station (25 minutes walk away) but you can't leave without paying"
>people next to me who just ordered kick off because they were also planning to pay by card
>manager comes out, has no idea what to do
>spend 15 minutes waiting for him to call the area manager
"sorry you can't have the food, but the drinks are on the house since they're already poared"
>leave with no food and a Coke Zero with all the ice melted

Just put out a sign ffs

>"year at the train station (25 minutes walk away) but you can't leave without paying"
Didn't happen.

>Poared
You deserved it.

I think that depends on the location
But yeah I agree with you

>Asians

Had a similar situation except dumber.

>Order food at a restaurant
>Eat
>Go to pay
>eftpos not working, there was no sign or warning
>Well where's the ATM?
>Around the corner but you can't leave without paying
>How am I supposed to get money out then?
>Crosses his arms "Fine leave your wallet"
>"I'm not leaving my wallet unattended with you"
>"Fine just leave your card then"
>"How am I supposed to get money without my card? Do you fucking listen when you talk?"
>"Don't fucking talk to me like that."
>Manager hears swearing and comes over
>Apologizes and tells me the meal is on the house
>Go back to the restaurant a few weeks later, manager remembers me and comes over, tells me he fired the guy later that night
>Tip him $25
>gives me free drinks every time I come in now

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1517330513193.webm

yup

>years ago
> was 12
>dad was down on his luck and was working a shitty cooking gig in a semi-fancy hotel
>during school breaks i would go work with him to help out because we spent almost zero time together
>the hotel resort has a main kitchen and several little grill huts spread around the large property
>the little huts werent equiped with fryers so if someone ordered french fries a cook would have to run to the main kitchen and get a portion
>in the height of summer
>its a busy as shit day
>dads in a bad mood
>some italian family comes and orders 4 burgers and 2 portions of fries
>dad just says to me "GO GET SOME FRIES FROM THE KITCHEN"
>sprint to the main kitchen and say that i need fries
>"frozen or portions" says the cook
>i wasn't the brightest kid so i didn't noticed we didnt have fryers
>say i need frozen
>he gives me two bags of frozen fries and i haul ass back to my dad
>"I GOT IT" i say excited hoping i did a good job
>he turns and sees the frozen bags
>"DO YOU SEE A FUCKING FRYER IN HERE"
>suddenly i want my soul to leave my body
>he rips the bags from my hands and throws them on the floor
>"GET ME TWO FRIED PORTIONS RIGHT FUCKING NOW OR IM LEAVING YOU HERE AT THE END OF THE DAY"
>i haul ass back crying and get the portions
>we don't talk for the rest of the day
>we don't talk on the ride back home
Ah childhood memories. That day I figured out I probably shouldn't get into cooking as a profession.

>but you can't leave without paying"
>actually believing this
You're as dumb as they are.

Asians are mostly okay but they have a terrible habit of trying to use coupons right after you put the order in. However they don't bitch about having to wait while you re-enter the order. They get a pass from me.

>some customer puts in delivery order by phone
>"oh and by the way, can you stop by the grocery shop and bring some chicken thighs?"
He wasn't very nice at first but when I delivered I got a fuck load of tip.

hell if they tipped me extra i'd do that no problem.

I do that with my pizza guys, I used to be a pizza guy so I’ll always have a weird request like an energy drink or a pack of smokes, and if they bring it they get 20 bucks no questions asked. It’s fun to see their faces

thats pretty cool, i wonder if theyd bring me a six pack if i asked. might try next time

Do you tell them you'll make it worth their while or something? Because if some customer asked me to run an errand I'd promptly tell them to fuck off.

I cant really say much, being that i own a couple of gas station franchise stores. I have to say this is false in my predicament.
>own two stores
>ones in browntown, other in swipple white neighborhood
>i seriously have to switch personalities depending on what store im at
>in brown town i have to essentailly look/act as a bouncer while i take care of customers and seriously have to at least physically squabble with 2-3 ferals every shift
>drink shitty malt liqour in the cooler to ease my nerves from essentially having to fight zulu tribes every day
>niglets constantly try and steal while their mammies defend the lil gud bois until i hit the magno-lock on the doors until she either pays for what her kids stole or give it back
>for some reason “they keedz” (8-10 years old) usually were stealing beer and tampons, almost as if commanded by mammy to do so.
>”ooooh boy yoo stealin’ beer?”
>mom gives the little chimp an obviously fake scolding and they climb into their shitty $800 car with $1200 rimmzzz
>mammy and kids are laughing and smiling in thier car about the whole thing as they leave
Seeyoutomorrow.jpg

>white neighborhood
>act as a normal cashier, use my manner and whatnot
>thebworst thing ive encountered bythem was either a teenager stealing a candy bar or the usual bitchy white old lady whom i swiftly tell to fuck off
Its like a whole other planet when you cross the bridge to Tacoma

Lived 4 years in the US as kid in early 00s, can say for certain that the service industry is so, so fucked- the server wages-tipping thing, the service standards and policies etc., the management, the whitetrash, blacktrash, mexitrash and stupid american fucks in general as clientele. It's so different in Bulgaria, Germany- from at least what I've seen.
Can attest that Starbucks has shitty clientele worldwide, even without ever entering one.

>flavor wrap

Did you seriously think anyone would believe this?

What? It happened. What's so unbelievable? Do they not fire people for swearing at customers where you come from?

You doing mad white boi

what's the problem with going to a place when it opens?

Better get to work, wagie. Looks like you'll be staying late.

Nah but I’m well known at all the local pizza joints at this point. For the first six months it was really hit and miss on whether they’d do it but they got the picture soon enough
It’s funny because I actually have told a customer to fuck off for asking me to do shit like this
I tried that once but most of the pizza boys around here aren’t 21 yet so it didn’t work, I only ever ask for smokes from Pizza Hut because I know their drivers are all old enough to buy them for instance, tho with summer coming around I’ll have to stop that too

as a worker myself i don't have a problem with it. it's like the one time of day when everything is ready, there's no shortage of everything, the work station is clean and I'm wide awake.

As if you have any money to buy food with, starvationfag.

A popular way for ghetto smokers to roll up some drugs is to buy flavored cigars or "wraps", cut them open and add the devils lettuce. Its become so common many manufacturers sell just the paper around the cigar

> Go into story thread
> Read stories
> Abuse people for posting them
You chose to click on this thread, fuckwit. Nobody made you read them. Stop posting.

> Try new takeaway
> Order food
> Before my friend can order his food, the phone rings
> Assistant spends 10 minutes trying to explain to a customer 'bring the container that had meat in back here, and we will give you two without meat in as an apology'.
> 10 fucking minutes
> For someone to get the fucking message to get off their ass and show proof of their mis-ordering

It's not like her english was bad, either.

Accurate depiction of you rn.

Of course I do. You american wagies are so entitled, it's really funny.

>Impotent wagescum rage intensifies

>being proud of being a worthless leech

I work as a waiter at a retirement home, it's pretty cool since you get to know everyone on a first name basis but it also sucks because they're old and very very forgetful. Just yesterday a lady asked me if I was going to take her order while food was in her mouth. AMA.

service industry is a fucking lot of stress that isn't worth it.

You do realize some of us have rewarding careers.

>having a rewarding career
>still going to the cooking section of a jamaican finger wrestling forum
lmao

>Everyone on Veeky Forums is me or like me
Taking a couple hours and making a nice dinner is the thin line between my wife, our daughters and the 6oclock news

could have done better problem solving yourself mate

Know your pain brother. Same thing except maintenance. Not food related other than stealing from the kitchen at night.

Everyone has to eat, dummy.

>white lady walks in at 7:59 am
>"Excuse me where are the rotisserie chickens?"
>not ready yet
>"I need to speak to the manager, this is fucking bullshit."
why do they do this? I had some old white lady get supremely assblasted because we didn't have lasagna in the deli and complained to the manager.

>customers pay and leave
>didn't leave a tip
>have to hand over 10% of the bill out of my own pocket to the busboy, barmaid and hostess
>it's not their fault but fuck that sucked

>call again, their phone is dead
Who the fuck lets their phone die at home?

>mfw some guy got mad when I didn't call him sir or say 'would you like anything else sir?'

I used to be a delivery driver, everything that can go wrong, will

It's the most infuriating job sometimes

One of the prerequisites is for your life to wrong, so I believe it.

it was the wrong number. probably someone out drinking, wondering why the fuck this random number kept calling them.

>negro spotted

White people are the problem.

White or (((white)))?

>store in shitty part has shitty customers
wow

I work at a pita place, usually the night shitft. Except for weekends where I work mornings. I'm amazed how stupid the average customer is. I deliberately put signs about eye hight both where the doors are and the menu should they enter that it's closed. And yet they still barge in and stare at the menu a bit and ask me if they can order. Or they'd be oblivious to us cleaning the kitchen and the dining room not even properly set up. And why can't some people understand that being closed means we won't serve you anymore? I'd get people come in at like 11:10 asking if they can buy anything even left overs(other than rice and hummus there's none), and get pissy when I tell them the register's closed and we won't sell anything after it's been closed.

Both

why are your doors unlocked if you're closed though?
heh, guess the retarded customers must be picking your locks

>wait ten minutes to get water and waitress visit
>out of the beer i wanted, whatever order something else
>won't take food order at the same time
>takes forever to get beer and order, it's not that busy, maybe 20 tables tops
>food takes a while, order a new beer from the other waitress
>she suggested the beer I tried to order first, but it might take a minute to get the keg hooked up
>fucking lazy waitresses didn't want to change keg
>gave the other one my tip directly, in cash and stiffed the lazy one.

>White people are the problem.

I blame america's entitled & out of control niggers on their white enablers.

> truth

It's a slide door without a nob, the "lock" is on the edge and connects to the floor. We lock it when it's about 1 hour from closing, but before that it's opened so I can set up the tables outside, throw away any boxes to the back, take the bread in, etc.

If you didn't want that to happen, then close 10 mins earlier. Why be open for business if you don't want anyone to order anything?

Your story is shit, go hang yourself retarded faggot

Whoops meant opening rather than closing. We lock the back door an hour before closing too though. Don't want those drunks coming into the bathroom and passing out on the shitter. But all doors are locked before opening.

>Being proud of being a pawn of the crypto kikes slaving away in your boring mundane pathetic slave goy existence

Hey well, at least you paid your taxes last year. Isn't that something to feel proud for?

What else do you put in her mouth?

>yfw you open your cold wallet and the balance is zero

I don't get this joke. Can someone explain?

>mfw I'm a trust fund baby and the sole beneficiary to the inheritance

You want another 20 in your wallet for the weekend? Well maybe you should ask your boss Mr Shlomo Shekelsteingoldbergowiczski for a few extra hours. I'm sure he's feeling generous to give you the hours he needs another condo in Florida so Chop Chop get to work, wagie, tick tock

Just remember 5 more days on the grind then it's a possible 2 (two) day break.

Now isn't that something to look forward too wagie?

Kek

>Shekelsteingoldbergowiczski
Lost it

>be year and a half ago
>work on burger king
>hour before closing, two before going home
>customer comes in
>asks for 90 hamburgers
>manager almost passes out
>mfw no buns left
>had to run outside to the store for more buns
>it is all dark and had to cross a busy street
>risked my life for a shitty job
>got the buns and returned to work
>we all finished (manager amd other 2 employees) the 90 fucking hamburgers together
>made some extra by accident
>got to keep 2 of those extra
>that made it worth it

>be wagie
>wagie supervisor tells me i have to cut 16 hours from my work week for the next month
>mfw wagie supervisor expects me, a Lesser Wagie, to survive on 16 hours a week

11 days on for a weekend off friend

no he doesn't he expects you to leave, so should you

Why live

PIZZA JOCKEY
WORKS FOR TIPS
Fat kid sounds like a bro who realizes
YOU
DELIVER
PIZZA
And doesn't give a fuck about the job

>B-but it w-was his bad handwriting
Maybe learn to read, you fucking lazy cunt. Or of course KYS.

I’ve been that white person, but that’s because I have work at 8:30 and I’m too lazy to get up and make breakfast before the sun comes up so I just buy it instead.

That's stupid. I work fast food and the two occasions where our card machines (and phone and internet) were down, we put signs on the drive through, all entrances, and made sure to inform customers verbally of the situation, just in case.

I've had plenty of asshole customers, which I won't bore anyone with, but, once, at my first store, this guy came in through the back door while we were getting our truck delivery, before we'd opened. I was pretty new at the time, so I wasn't sure if he was one of the higher-ups I hadn't met, but my GM was there and was like, "uh, sir? Can I help you? We aren't open, and customers aren't allowed in the kitchen."
He was like, "Oh, yeah, sorry, I'm former military, so I'm USED to going to places civilians aren't allowed. I just wanted to see if you were open."
"Uhm, no, sir, we don't open for another hour, and I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
Dude was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and sandles. Very official. He didn't come back after we'd opened, either.

Ex military scum disgust me. They come in with their "back to back world war champs" t shirts and their semper fi tattoos and cry like children for their fucking military discounts. Just because you used to kill people/assist others in killing people in imperialistic overseas conflicts that you didn't bother to research before willingly participating in doesn't mean you're entitled to any special treatment. Jesus, if any people have the 'welfare queen' mentality in this country, it's definitely them.

That was a surprise inspection done by health code special forces, dingus.