The reason anchovies is such a rare topping in pizza stores and pizza chains is because of the price...

The reason anchovies is such a rare topping in pizza stores and pizza chains is because of the price. A four ounce tin can of anchovies can cost up to $7

Anchovies are probably the cheapest protein anyone puts on a pizza (obviously not by weight), and that includes the cheese. It's "rare" because most of the pizza eaten is consumed by children or manchildren.

the only reason people hate anchovies on pizza is because anchovies pair horribly with mozzarella cheese.
In italy anchovy pizza is just sauce and sometimes olives. No cheese at all.

Italians are retarded though, and have stupid ideas about food.

I think a big problem is the pie makers always putting way to much on. It's possibly the very saltiest ingredient offered by typical pizza makers, and more than one small fish per slice is overkill

I remember once sitting down for a nice dinner with me mum one evening as we do to catch up from time to time, and the cooks mistook artichoke on the pizza for anchovies. Being on a time schedule too tight to wait for another pizza, and my mother not having the balls to just leave the joint without paying, it really ruined the entire dinner

>the problem with the ingredient is that i don't like it

Actually a lot of people hate it because of the overpowering taste. By simply rinsing off the anchovies you'll remove a lot of their storage oil.
I have tricked people into loving them multiple times.

I'm a huge anchovy fan so I'm down with them being piled on.
From my local pizza place I like to get a pie with no cheese, anchovies, green olives, and if i feel like it hot sopresatta.
if you can find a place that does goat cheese on pizza, that goes really nicely with anchovies.

anchovies are the best pizza topping
you're wrong if you think different

also they are very salty, they do taste yummy like pepperonis

>rinsing off the anchovies
fucking blasphemy.

>get high
>ask pizza place to sub caesar dressing for pizza sauce
>swiss cheese instead of mozzarella
>double anchovies and onions
food nirvana, senpaitachi

Best pizza is pineapple, anchovies, olives. Perfect balance of salty, sweet, and savory. Other toppings optional but you do you

how to make a good anchovies pizza?

>no cheese
>red sauce
>olives

Black olives, anchovies, fresh tomato slices.

roll out some dough. mix green olives, sliced capers, oregano and basil into pizza sauce and spread on the pizza. Bake. As soon as you take the pizza out of the oven, lay the anchovies on top while it's still hot.

Easy as pie.
There was a great youtube video with a cute husband and wife showing you how to do it but I think it got taken down.
I had to scroll through a million videos of retarded Americans making "Yuck!" faces at anchovy pizza.

Sorry that our food is not loaded with lots of MSG, sugar and processed cheeses. We have a more refined palate

the "yuck" was for the capers, and they were right

No, you have a backwards ass palate and are unwilling to try anything that isn't the way your family has been making it for hundreds of years. You're all basically picky eaters with a completely unwarranted superiority complex. Other countries laugh at Italians when they try to say what's the correct way to eat certain foods.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot how delicious heavy packaging oil was.... :l

>anchovies on pizza is rare
OP confirmed for native of a shithole.

Pretty sure he's from some shitty flyover state.

I would imagine so.
Shithole is a state of mind.

Thankfully a local chain here does have anchovies.

>I'm currently modifying my portion intake, cutting carbs/sodium and you have me jonesing for anchovy pizza, ya dingus!

I'm one of those weirdos that's really into the strong flavor. I just can't explain it.

Dude, you GET IT. I order that same combination, but I also add a light (and you have to specify "light") sprinkle of feta to it too. Feta goes amazingly well with those toppings.

also the fact hardly anyone would choose them as they taste shit.

Fuck yes. I also like adding jalapenos, because that's my thing, but yours is already perfect, desu.

Fucking THIS. I love anchovies (and all the other canned fish really) but holy shit I ordered a simple cheese pizza with anchovies from a """gourmet""" local pizza place last week.

I only asked for anchovies, I didn't write ++++ ANCHOVIES!!! on the order or anything. What I got was a stack of anchovies two and three deep in some places, and maybe an average of 10 per slice on a pizza the size of OP's pic. I ate the pizza, but after a slice or two it really fucked with me. I am a bit worried it's put me off /choviez/ for a long while.

Adding shitload of sugar and fat doesn't make food modern.

>not sure if reading comprehension or legitimately stupid

listen here you dipshit
italian's care about simplicity in the food and that simplicity gotta have a really good and simple taste
for example a a typical italian pizza doesn't have alot of ingredients but thats okay it doesn't need to cause all the flavours are in the crust and cheese and suace
where the crust is the most important one

So, reading comprehension.

> anchovies pair horribly with mozzarella cheese.
what the actual fuck are you talking about?

Go further and soak them. You remove most of the salt (which'll fucking kill you considering how much anchovies are loaded with) but preserve the unique, meaty flavor. I can't order them from restaurants or pizza places because they're NEVER soaked. Try it at home (soak and press until the water you're using goes clear instead of cloudy) and you'll fall in love

> soak and press
How do this without turning the chovies into paste?

Dietary salt has no impact on blood pressure or blood sodium levels

Soak them in cold water, and drain it and press them with paper towels. Then just refill the glass you have them in and do it again. Anything warmer than "cold" will make them fall apart.

Literal retard go go shoo

Did you get your prices off of Amazon or something?

It is and infantile shartmutt, you can ignore anything it says because shartmutts are sciencetifically proven to be retarted.

mine is anchovies, mushrooms, black olives

fucking tasty as tasty fuck
also, dubs

Dietary sodium in larger amounts increases sodium levels in the bloodstream. This, in turn, restricts water removal from the bloodstream by the kidneys. More water in the bloodstream means higher pressure in the vascular system.

So yes, ingesting dietary sodium (salt) will increase your blood pressure until both the sodium and the water can be removed and a new, lower level established.

Dietary sodium is not the only sodium source. Canned soups, sodas, processed and frozen foods, fast food all contain relatively large amounts of sodium.

Why? Cause it makes food taste more like, well, food by hiding some of the more bitter aspects.

nobody knows that ?