Hi Veeky Forums

hi Veeky Forums
what's your writing software of choice, and why?

notepad

LibreOffice because it's free and I wrote my first novella on it.

Vim for typing.
A GUI like TeXmaker/gummi for layout/finishing touches.

wordpad

>writing
>software

Google docs.

I tried libre office for the first 5 chapters of my story and then I got tired of constantly having to fucking update saves if I just wanted to write on my laptop for a while.

Google docs is pretty kino for writing.

whatever the native thing on the computer is. who the fuck cares unless you are writing something like a script, in which case download the correct software

yeah what the hell man, why would you ever use software that's specifically developed to help you write. how dumb

Just throwing stuff down: Any text editor will do, but I like emacs with auto-fill, because it will keep the text easy to read.

Making it readable: Basic setting with LaTeX to get a pdf.

Notes in a physical notepad, typed up and organised into scenes with scrivener. Printed out and written out in a bigger physical notepad then typed up back into scrivener where I add stuff and edit it.

Seems convoluted yes but I get a lot of stuff done this way as I can write the scenes afk with no distractions save eating and pooping.

>literally using the cloud
Enjoy being pinned for plagiarism if anything you write is a breakout success

Word, because everyone uses it and no one ever says they do.

You own whatever you wrote in gdocs. That's right in the user agreement.

master race coming through

>The terms of service have changed. Please review them [here] or click [here] to contiue.

Any google employer with access to it, still could copy the shit out of it, and delete your own crap, assuming you didn't back it up. And of course anyone who gets access to it by other means. Now obviously it's not likely, especially while you're a no-name but the possibility itself sounds not very inviting.

Though personally, lack of two pages view is a much bigger issues with gdocs for me.

No names are the most plagiarised. For example, Stairway to Heaven.

yWriter, because it's free and I like that you write in scenes rather than chapters. It has a lot of other useful features that help keep everything organized as well.

You guys are quite paranoid.

patrician

Any one of the few that allow for two-page view.

Dark Room for the first draft, or Focus Writer if I want to create a mood board of sorts as I write that first draft, then OpenOffice to edit.

Dislocated right now so I've learned to write on my phone with Jotterpad, Google Handwriting keyboard, and a carbon-tipped stylus. All the mechanics of writing on notepaper and no transcribing necessary. Saves time when I'm being ricocheted back and forth like as of late.

paint

>lmao people will never do anything nefarious people are naturally good
>REEEEEE capitalist exploitation of workers! Seize the means of production!

>software
p l e b e s

Dear God, no.

emacs