Books where the main character is a pure innocent person that gets fucked over by the world and the people around them?

Books where the main character is a pure innocent person that gets fucked over by the world and the people around them?

There is no such a thing as purr inncenc3

Besides you mifht as well sob by

The Idiot
Demons

Also, check out Gimpel the Fool. It's one of my very favorite storoes and it makes me so sad that no one else has read it.

The story of every human being ever born.

Candide, kinda

Great Expectations? Oliver Twist?

Mein Kampf desu

Justine, or The Misfortunes of Virtue.

Oh holy shit you're right

East of Eden kind of

Book of Job

I mean, Justine is pretty much that. It's not called "Justine or The Misfortunes of Virtue" for nothing.

Don't think it's what you're looking for though, but fuck me if it doesn't fit your description to a T.

Also, My Twisted World.

He was fucked in the head from the get go

Came to the thread to recommend The Idiot. It's the most obvious answer to this thread, OP.

My diary, desu.

The Belgariad, David Eddings.

The Fountainhead

No longer human by Osamu Dazai
This guy was just too pure for the World he lived in.

I was going to say this as a joke, but is actually heartbreaking.

>tfw it was the ultimate Beta Uprising

The Overcoat

funny and soul wrenching

seconding Candide.

>tfw when Veeky Forums actually makes you realize something important

"Amerika" by Kafka.

fug

Stoner. Not totally innocent but boy :(

Not sure if there is a translation for this, but a good one is "O Coruja" by Aluisio azevedo.

Justine, misfortunes of virtue

neon genesis evangelion btfo's that premise

mahou shoujo madoka magic too

Life and Times of Michael K. for the win.

>Doctor Parcival began to plead with George Willard. "You must pay attention to me," he urged. "If something happens perhaps you will be able to write the book that I may never get written. The idea is very simple, so simple that if you are not careful you will forget it. It is this- that everyone in the world is Christ and they are all crucified. That's what I want to say. Don't you forget that. Whatever happens, don't you let yourself forget."