Rate this sandwich. It's a 9/10 braised short rib, according to the person who made it

Rate this sandwich. It's a 9/10 braised short rib, according to the person who made it.
He's likened his work to Gordon Ramsays in the past.

I'm gonna point out the piss poor knifework and lack of any type of sauce or anything to make it not so hellishly dry.

Needs sauce and/or cheese

>iceberg lettuce
Get a load of this guy

I like how the top part of the bun is burnt to shit and the bottom isnt toasted at all

>hellishly dry
look at that meat juice seeping onto the plate.

This beef was braised in:
>red wine
>chicken stock
>garlic
>black peppercorn
>Crushed chili's
>pimenton
>sage
>rosemary
>bay leafs
That alone is enough of a sauce.

I would not have gone with iceberg lettuce and supermarket tomatoes that are grown for longevity rather than flavor.

>look at that meat juice seeping onto the plate.
Thats clearly just grease

>He just used a bunch of spices that he doesnt understand
The beef looks stringy and dry.

I bet you didnt even make your own stock, Chef Ramsay

Do you two know each other? Did the tripfaggot make the sandwich? That would explain why it looks so terrible.

I specifically chose them because the sauce was quite intense. I just wanted something to lighten up the flavor a bit, and I needed tomatos to provide some acidity to the rich sauce.
Phony

oh look its two line jockeys competing for the attention of an anonymous fast food review site

boring/10

braised short rib should be pretty moist and fatty, the top part of the bread looks like it soaked up a bit of liquid so it might be okay

Nice walmart produce, and good job missing the point of his post.

It looks stringy and dry, and there is no sauce on there to begin with. I bet my jaw would get tired after a few bites of that.

You can see where the heat crept up from the lines of when he toasted it, it's just burnt.
That's also another strike, since the bottom isnt toasted. Good thing theres no moisture or the bread would get soggy.

I think i see the point, no matter how well you do something, people are always going to shit on it.
Yeah sorry I picked up some organic tomato's at vons instead of planting a tree in my fucking garden.

It was there and it served the exact purpose it needed to.
>Trying this hard to nitpick
>pretending the sandwich bread is burnt
just comeon guys, really?

REALLY?

Soggy bread isnt a nitpick.
Your dish fails on the most fundamental levels.

Also, are you literally retarded? Tomatoes dont grow on a tree you mouthbreather

I hope you choke on your dry sandwich, you pretentious tryhard faggot.

>tomato's
Oh, you're retarded. Makes sense.

yeah sure it's real soggy buddy, despite being toasty and having a decent crispness.
Sorry my delicious meat juice soaked into the bread and ruined it.

lmao this is who you are posting with Veeky Forums take a good look at this idiot.
This is your "peers"

It's overcooked. Not even a hint of pink.

>Sorry my delicious meat juice soaked
What juice is coming from that meat? The only thing I see is a bit of whatever grease you seared it in on the plate.
You've got dry meat, soggy bread, no sauce, iceberg lettuce and some poorly cut tomatoes bleeding out into the bread.

Is this something to be proud of? I've seen better work from burger king.

>He's likened his work to Gordon Ramsays in the past.

he's a redditor.
get rid of him.
He's no use to anyone.

it's no broodwich but it'll do

Gordon Ramsay is a great chef when you get him away from television.
He's really cool when he's not forced to deal with shit cooks

Where's your moisture barrier, retard. Top needs mayo

it's not a steak dumbass.
I dont see how shortrib which can literally be cooked until it falls apart is overcooked.
I could have braised that for 8 hours. I chose 3.
>Dry meat
this couldn't be further from the truth. How the fuck does that even look dry?
why the fuck does beef braised in red wine, pimenton, peppercorn, and crushed chili's need a sauce?

Really why?
Again I'm dealing with idiots, and being criticized by people who don't even know what they're doing.
I didn't feel like adding it.
I do plan on incorporating sauce on the sandwich in the future. but the flavor of the braised beef alone was really enough to carry the sandwich.

The sandwhich looks juicy enough but >iceburg lettuce
>some thick ass tomato

4/10. It might not be dry.

I'm going to say biting into any beef that thick, is going to be a terriible gnawing endeavor. That's how we know that OP isn't very pro, no matter the cut. It's thick slabs there.

When I get a ribeye steak sandwich, it will be blackened, because you need a little something to hold up to the bun, and that adds the needed flavor. It might also get a horseradish sauce, much as you would with a ribeye, but it will be sliced thinner, and even stacked if you want more. The thinner sliced french dip is nice too.

I love a steak sandwich, cuban style, pan con bistec. Thinly pounded lean steak, raw onion persillade on top, shoestring potatoes, and sliced tomato. Crackly thin crusted cuban bread, garlic butter toasted. A little hot sauce is all anyone needs.

You dont understand a single thing about cooking. Apologize to whoever you stole this recipe from, you've clearly butchered their work

Everything you've said in this thread is wrong
Maybe you should look for a new hobby

I can't tell if op is baiting or this retarded.

He was acting like his work is gods gift to man on /r9k/ so I moved him here so he couldnt lie to people who know nothing about cooking like normal.

>apologize to whoever you stole this recipe from.
It's literally my own recipe.
I was going to make peposo again but decided to do something different.

>Everything i've said in this thread is wrong
Sure buddy.

you lie, mods/janitors don't talk

>risotto fag
if the past is any indication, the thread will be largely samefagging by proxy and later reposted multiple times

>It's literally my own recipe.
You say that about everything until you have to admit most of it is premade, or namedrop who you stole it from to try to deflect criticism.

>most of it is premade
this shit isn't premade retard.
How the fuck do you premake fucking braised short rib?
How do you premake risotto?

no what he did was repost my food to get people to shit on it because i posted it on a different board as well.

Well done to him.

Looks like a slop of shit on bread

Then stay off of /r9k/ you fucking loser.

I'm sure this isnt mostly premade, because who the fuck would pay for that

a person who wants succulent beef braised in red wine and pepper on a sandwich with crisp lettuce and juicy tomatoes.

>succulent beef
dry beef
>crisp lettuce
flavorless iceberg
>juicy tomatoes
Shitty artificially """"""""ripened""""""" tomatoes in the dead of winter.

>a person who wants succulent beef
I dont see any

>on a sandwich
Then why isn't it cut appropriately for a sandwich?

>crisp lettuce
Iceberg

>and juicy tomatoes
They might have been until you cut them so horribly.

>dry beef
do you realize it would literally be a miracle of someone managed to make braised meat dry?

Better change your trip to "Anne Sullivan" then

ramsay is a reddit-tier gobshite

It'd be a miracle if you produced something edible.

I love all the tendon and gristle, just like mom used to make

>I'm going to say biting into any beef that thick, is going to be a terriible gnawing endeavor
Do you understand that braised meat is incredibly tender and easy to chew??

Even with all that fat in it?

>Do you understand that braised meat is incredibly tender and easy to chew??
Maybe compared to that trash you put in the sandwich it is

the fat is rendered out as it braises.
keep seething inferior cook. you speak to me like an envious bitch.

There's no way that meat is tender and easy to chew.

This post explains the gristle pretty well
>inferior cook
I've seen people working at mcdonalds who produce better food than you

The bun looks nice, assuming you sliced the meat correctly it looks great. But that iceburg lettuce is whack, you couldve used it to contrast the soft textures with something crisp without altering the overall flavor, but you toasted the bun so it was unneeded and as for something refreshing to contrast the beef, iceburg wont get you very far. and tomato in january? that gas ripened out of season trash ruined all your good work. You shouldnt went with something picked instead of either. It would have cut through better made a better refresher for the pallete. I realled like your cook along threads though.

>rendered out
THEN WHY DO I STILL SEE IT
Gristle and connective tissue, how succulent

You mean the one where he cooked in a preheated teflon pan, then burnt a ton of sesame oil

i swear on my families life, it's tender and easy to chew.
Braised meat is always tender.
i dont know much about tomatoes or using what's best in season but I live in southern california, so the tomatoes didn't taste like they were bad.
the climate here might be the reason for that.
you dont even understand what you are looking at.
the fat was rendered out because the meat wasn't hard to chew at all. i dont expect someone who would confuse gristle for a sear.

You have a genuinely horrible sense of taste, and the tender part is just a lie

>socal tripfaggot is bad at cooking
Not surprising in the least.

swear on my life, my risotto, my skill as a chef, my family, the meat was tender.
Stop seething that I did something well.

Post a video of you cutting through that gristle with a fork handle

You've done nothing well on this plate.

except perfectly cook the meat, and create a rich braising liquid to use as a sauce.
Me swearing should really be enough.
I'm not going to reheat my short rib just to tear it apart and go through the effort of filming a video.

IT IS NOT HARD AT ALL TO GET BRAISED MEAT TO BE TENDER. A retard with half a brain could do it. It's just simmering the meat on low heat for hours.
You really shouldn't be surprised or questioning my ability to do this as it's fucking easy.

Hopefully this picture of me tearing apart lamb shank with a fork will convince you, I'm not going to go through anymore effort trying to.

>All that fucking grease
>Everything is sitting on top of grease
>Under the grease is pure paste

Thats not a photo of your dry ass beef. You did nothing well on that sandwich. Not a single thing.

>A retard with half a brain could do it.
Then how come you havent?

Will you two pick an address and fuck already. Holy hell.

you are right that risotto isn't made properly.
which is the reason i never post that photo.
>grease grease grease
You can come up with a new adjective to pretend my food is at least?
he's mad because the food i make looks better than his.
This is the shit he makes.

>traffic, on my board?
>what a slop of shit
I'm enjoying watching autismo get butt-blasted tyvm

Why did you post it if you knew it was shit

Not even the guy you're replying to

I've explained that I made that for someone with gastritis, so it needed to be easy to take apart, and had the things he wanted.
I posted it because it's what I did that day. I dont post the same greasy messes for months on end.

Here's a more recent photo you can spam.

I think it looks fucking delicious, OP. My minor criticisms would be that it needs more veg to compliment the meat, and that I'd prefer the meat shredded instead of sliced, and soaked in the sauce.
Otherwise, I'd happily eat it.
As far as a Ramsay comparison goes, I'll just say I wouldn't want to be compared to him after seeing that shit tier burger video.

this is probably the best looking thing you've made so far.
i would like you to post your sous vide steak again, and poorly made japanese curry.
thank you.
I might shred the meat next time I Make it.

Sure, I hate posting month old photos though.
You'd need a chainsaw to shred that shit you made

specifically the one with the fries.

>You'd need a chainsaw to shred that shit you made
that couldn't be further from the truth.

For context, I was working on christmas eve so I picked up some cheap steaks for me and my coworkers, and made a condensed mexican christmas for them.
I got pretty good reception.

Nice double reply.

Then why won't you post yourself shredding it?

because it would require me reheating my short rib when it's already been put back into the fridge and I've already eaten.
That is the reason why.

stop being so arrogant you fucks all of your cooking is mediocre af

The microwave would have probably cooked it better than you

You should be able to do it cold, braisemaster

i hated to admit it but it really does look like a slop of shit

Have memes gone too far?

does that go to all the people criticizing me who wont even post their food?
see you've managed to make a sous vide look dry and bland. The french fries look more appetizing.
At least my short rib looks succulent.
there you go. I didn't even need a fork I was able to completely pick it apart with my hands.
>inb4 I'm criticized that cold fucking short rib doesn't look moist enough.

that meme is only like 3 days old, lol

The tripfag is an absolutely insufferable cunt that will respond with autistic screaming if anyone dares question his terrible cooking. The user, and all other red-blooded men get a kick out of fucking with him.

its not terrible cooking.
but you people will never admit that.

>No proof it was shredded with the handle of a fork
It doesnt look like you did it. It looks like it took quite a bit of force to do it.

You're a bad cook. My sous vide was very nice.
I cut the fries by hand though, so thank you.

post your japanese curry next pls.
i'd have to film it on camera for you autistic faggots just to believe me.
but the meat isn't tough i wouldn't even be able to pick it apart with my hands like that if it was.

>but the meat isn't tough i wouldn't even be able to pick it apart with my hands like that if it was.
Are you a 70 year old woman?

That photo is old as shit, so I deleted it. I dont post ancient things over and over. Here's some chinese shit though

thats not the abomination of curry you made

>does that go to all the people criticizing me who wont even post their food?
of course

>That photo is old as shit, so I deleted it.
Here's a curry abomination, using instant curry roux no less

Its like clockwork.
If only you would apply this much dedication to cooking...

post your own pussy.
you know it looks far worse than mine.
i'm taking classes and i've just made a god-tier sandwich today.
Even if you faggots refuse to admit that.

>That photo is old as shit, so I deleted it.
I dont post ancient photos.
Maybe I'll make curry once I get paid again and I can buy the shit to make it.

you wont post it because you know its bad fagot.

That's a 6.5/10 sandwich at best, friend. Good on you for trying though, keep at it and you'll get better. We all only want the best for you

I dont post the same ancient photos, generally I delete it after 2 weeks.

Here's something I made for the bartender at work on monday when I was fucking around

>tomato
>tree
Where did you get your lobotomy done?