Should American cheese be a protected designation like Parmegiano Reggiano, Champagne, Prosecco, and Kobe beef?

Should American cheese be a protected designation like Parmegiano Reggiano, Champagne, Prosecco, and Kobe beef?

I despise the fact that the """cheese""" industry tarnished my country's name with this filth.

you're a funny guy

Absolutely. We need to preserve our heritage from European knockoffs

r u horny

pasteurized prepared slops of shit

Enjoy your parasites europoor.

yes. so kraft singles can't be considered cheese anymore

I think someone actually proposed this a while ago, but the problem is that Kraft has changed the recipe and the production process a bunch of times over the years. It's not really the same "thing" across time; it's whatever their marketing focus groups say is appealing at a given moment. So it would be tough to define it well enough to give it a designation, since it's unclear what, exactly, would be protected.

>since it's unclear what, exactly, would be protected.
It's clear enough to me, Ahmed. Freedom. We have to protect our freedoms.

i suggest this label

Champagne isn't even a protected designation in America. You can label any bubbly wine as Champagne, even if it's produced in California.

They aren't considered cheese, dum dum.

No... What it IS is a blend of rejected cheeses from across the nation with calcium citrate (generally) to replace the Ca+2 bonds (hence the melting capacity), blended into a flavor profile by highly trained and practiced professionals into profitable and saleable food.
Respect your elders.

Nah, just slap this label on that filth.

trust me goblino, the cheese is your least problem when it comes to tarnishing your country's name

> Conquers another nation in the name of Israel.

Probably, yes.
The only reason it's "Dairy Product" and not "Cheese" is because of technical definition. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, and it has a lot of benefits.

>cheese product
so, palm oil?

Whey powder, vegetable oil, modified food starch, natural colors

yes just to piss people off

Ît's not that bad desu. It's just not cheese.

>"You can only call your sparkling wine Champagne if you buy it from Champagne!"
>"Says who?"
>"The EU trading comission!"
>"We're not part of the EU"
>"You have to follow our rules or we won't sell to you!"
>"Ok, have fun doing that"

And then France kept selling us Champagne anyway because NA is a huge market

I like the quality American cheeses, the ones that are "process cheese" and not "cheese product" or "cheese food" or simply "slices." They should be similar to a cheddar-like cheese, but a bit smoother and meltier. Anything individually wrapped is not even American cheese.

why is american cheese so shit?
we get great canadian cheddar here in the UK

do americans really call that crap 'cheese' ?