Suspect that i have mild to medium aspergers

>suspect that i have mild to medium aspergers
>fear that the character interactions in my fiction will seem odd and not believable
no ones said anything yet but still

Give us example

Character interaction always differ and depend on many, many factors. And even more average people won't necessary capture them right if they lack writing skills. If your readers haven't complained yet, you're probably not doing too bad.

But yeah, give some examples.

Jerry: So what do you do for fun Jane?
Jane: I like to go to the movies and tend to my studies.
Jerry: Interesting...That's very similar to my interests, Jane.
Jane: So what types of women do you like, Jerry?
Jerry: I don't know, I haven't thought about it really...What...Type of men do you like Jane?
Jane: I like my men like I like my coffee strong and black.
Jerry: I'm not quite sure if I understand. Do you like to solve puzzles?

See

Reads like two awkward kids/teens who pretend to be more mature than they are.

They are in their 30s, user.

Lmfao

Please continue, I want to read more.

It's so awkward and clunky it could be one of the opening scenes in a horror movie. It's about Jerry's racially motivated descent into madness culminating in a mass shooting

Basically Badlands, but much more unsettling and about Dylan Roof

fantastic

Jerry: I’m not sure if I understand. Do you like to solve puzzles?
Jane: Oh, that’s OK. Puzzles have never really been a big part of my life, ya know?
Jerry: Quite frankly, Jane, I don’t know what you mean. Puzzles...at least for me have always held a special, special place in my heart Jane. There’s no thrill quite like a good puzzle, Jane. I think if we spend enough time together, you’ll understand this, Jane.
Jane: Oh, OK, I didn’t know you felt so strongly about the issue.
Jerry: Hey, do you want to see my police badge? I carry it around everywhere I go.
Jane: Sure? That’s exciting. Wow, it looks old, was your father a policeman?
Jerry: No, I bought it at a yard sale two years ago. It makes me feel safe.

It's rather funny, but also so very awkward. What's the context for the entire scene?

You write all of your characters like stereotypical aspies, so that might be something of a problem

Jane: Aren’t you a little old to be carrying that around though? I mean you’re an adult Jerry.
Jerry: That’s funny, Jane. Mother felt the same way before the incident…
Jane: Teehee (Awkwardly)...What incident?
Jerry: Mother was growing into a nagging bore in her later years. She had the gall to tell me not to leave my crayons on the kitchen table. It was quite pathetic really to see her mind turn to slime.
Jane: Jerry, but what was this incident?
Jerry: Oh, yes, where are my manners. (Jerry adjusted his bow tie and took a greedy little sip of water and continued) Well as you might know, when a person is on a loosing streak, the bad luck keeps on piling up. Mother couldn’t catch a break...She just disappeared without a trace, except for the note she left behind. Though it’s meaning is disguised. Yes, quite a clever person wrote that note, it’s contents are a bit of a puzzle, no doubt a genius wrote it. And no doubt it will lead to the whereabouts of my mother. Tell me Jane, would you like to see this note and help me decipher it?
Jane: You’re so funny, Jerry! I would love to see the note.

There is no context really, I'm not even the OP. I just thought the idea of an aspie character was funny. I'm ad libbing this nonsense.

This would actually be a great parody of all the precocious genius shit coming out at the moment, if you made the characters a little younger

I might actually try to write a short story now. Thanks for the feedback, user.

They say each others' names much too often.

Jerry: Sorry I'm late Jane, I had a temper tantrum and got distracted.
Jane: It's all right Jerry, I understand.
Jerry: No it's not all right Jane. This was our big day together.
Jane: Please, don't be too hard on yourself.
Jerry: I know you have been looking forward to this day for a long time, and now I've ruined it.
Jane: Calm down Jerry, you're going into another tantrum. Just remember to breath.
Jerry: I will.
Jane: Breath.
Jerry: I am calm now. Thanks, Jane, I don't know what I would do if you weren't in my life.
Jane: I love you and will always protect you. Come on, race you to the roller coaster!

Play it to your advantage and make them seem surreal

Aspies can't recognize they have ass-burgers, don't worry.

My Jerry and Jane wouldn't be this campy.

those are my original characters, not your jerry and jane

You're Jerry and Janes are cheap imitations of my original and superior Jerry and Janes.

BTW, I used the word "you're" ironically.

>mild to medium aspergers
>mild to medium high-functioning autism
don't think it works like that

you're either high-functioning or not

Why isn't anyone talking to the cat :(

The characters really shouldn't have to say their names more than once in a conversation. If the reader is aware of who's talking before the conversation starts you probably won't have to mention them at all.

Jerry: Sorry I'm late, I had a temper tantrum and got distracted.
Jane: It's all right Jerry, I understand.
Jerry: No it's not all right. This was our big day together.
Jane: Please, don't be too hard on yourself.
Jerry: I know you have been looking forward to this day for a long time, and now I've ruined it.
Jane: Calm down, you're going into another tantrum. Just remember to breath.
Jerry: I will.
Jane: Breath.
Jerry: I am calm now. Thanks, Jane, I don't know what I would do if you weren't in my life.
Jane: I love you and will always protect you. Come on, race you to the roller coaster!

wow that is much better

>I don't think a spectrum works like a spectrum

Kek

Breath is the noun, I'm pretty sure you mean breathe. Telling someone to breath when you want someone to calm down is like telling someone to excitement when you want them to get excited