Would you listen/watch videos/podcasts themed around fantasy cooking?

Would you listen/watch videos/podcasts themed around fantasy cooking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vqj8J9XrOR8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if they were good sure
there was a thread a month or two back that talked about this and actually ended up adding a lad to talk about video game recipes

the podcasts/videos would need to be more than just "we PERFECTLY recreated the sprite image of this food by putting shit and slop on a plate with no effort in the actual cooking! epic!" and actually go into discussion or detail about the hypothetical/theoretical preparation and process, as well as real-life comparisons, or for videos actual cook-alongs

the jist of what i want is for it to not be meme'd up 'xd nerd food for gamers that's easy hehe' but actual detailed recipes and discussions

think the mods banned me for disliking the cut of my chat

test

Like about making real food inspired by fantasy dishes or an RP style show?
Yes to both.

Agree with these. I think that videos/a podcast that had some real passion put into them would be a ton of fun. The downside is, I think, that it would be harder to get it a large viewership. I imagine there's a market for a real in-depth fantasy cooking, though.

Sorry mate, looks like you've been shadowbanned.

>Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums colliding
Oh, fucking definitely.

What if a videogame based on fantasy cooking competition?

>one-eyed otter masturbates infront of minors

Fuck yes. There needs to be a whole TV show about this. Time to try the deep-fried dragon tail after the steamed and then braised claws.

No, because I'm a grown up.

>tfw no cool friends to dress up and drink and cook fantasy foods together
drats, foiled from enjoying things once again

>Veeky Forums Veeky Forums
>ck tg
>cock tug

Can we please

Go larping

Absolutely
Now post recipes

Herbalist's Pie.

4 pounds of washed, quartered and boiled potatoes
10 ounces frozen peas
10 ounces frozen green beans
10 ounces beans (your choice, northern, pinto, whatever)
4 carrots, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
4 sticks of celery, chopped
1 cup Fage Greek strained yogurt
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
2 cups vegetable stock
2 cups milk
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon ground parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes
Mash them with the butter, milk and cheese, set aside
Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet and once it's hot, add the onions, carrots and celery
Once they're soft, add the broth, the milk, the parsley, the peas and beans, flour, yogurt, salt and pepper, and the rest of the butter
Cook until the carrots are almost soft, then pour the mix into a deep casserole dish, top with the potatoes, and broil for 12 minutes

That's a Redwall recipe btw

DORF GUMBO
Start with one bag of boneless chicken tenders, one bag of shrimp, and a half a cup of Jack Daniels. Cook the chicken and shrimp together with water in a large pot. Pour in the Jack when the meat is fully cooked.

Next, add in a box of Gumbo Starter, or enough Roux to thicken up the mixture. Add in 1/2 cup of mustard, 6-8 ounces of tomato paste, a large red bell pepper, two stalks of diced celery, a large can of black beans, a can of sliced water chestnuts, and season to taste with cayenne, paprika, and any other peppers you care to use. To make True Dorf Gumbo, add a can of beer (preferably Guinness) and half a habanero pepper to the mix.

Simmer, stirring frequently, for at least an hour. Serve over rice with lots of beer.

I mean, Dorf food would basically be roots, lamb and ale. Also mushrooms.

>Miner's Stew, a famous dish of dwarven tradition, is done by mixing equal parts of diced mushrooms, onions, celery and carrots, and browning them on a pan with a bit of butter. Afterwards, diced lamb pieces are added and browned, with salt and pepper added to taste. Then, entire non-crushed cloves of garlic are added and browned, and parsley is added. Afterwards, two cups of ale are added in, and the mixture is let to reduce.
>It is a common dish due to just how easy it is to heat up in the dwarven mines, and it is a favorite of the dwarven people.

We Dorf Fort Dorfs bruv

I think it would get a decent number of views, its kinda gimmicky

new chapter when?

Almost certainly not. Those tend to be the worst cooking shows. Stupid, gimmicky bullshit that takes some awful allrecipes recipe, BUT! - we added FOOD COLORING and made it all shaped weird. Isn't that fun?

No. It's not.

sometime in February, user
god i cant wait

That's how I got into the idea in the first place, I larp in NY sometimes and i figured it could also be an advertisement for the game

I'm actually surprised no one has made a youtube show or some crap about making recipes from Dungeon Meshi, Dragon's Crown, FF14, etc. It would probably blow but I'd watch it anyway.

someone actually did though, its awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=Vqj8J9XrOR8

I think I'd enjoy a fantasy/scifi survival show loosely based around star trek or something, where it shows cadets or something surviving in alien wilderness, making alien food, and devoting plenty of time to showing comfy emergency futuristic survival shelters and survival gadgets.

you can't fucking shit on binging with babish daily and then have a fawning thread on this

you cannot have both

it's either all cancer or none of it is cancer

score

Hes alright

It depends. A lot of "fantasy cooking" is just good plating and we'd be better served with a plating general.
A lot more is like where it's normal English cooking presented to American children and manchildren with a cringey name and reduced seasoning for their limited palates. ("herbalist"'s pie with the only herb parsley? really? not even thyme or sage?)

I'd like to see a series of threads by a tripfag who had the budget and experimentalism to use exotic ingredients and molecular gastronomy techniques, though. Iguana tail dragon steaks, or roast minotaur made by meat gluing pig's skin to beef, or even just heavily vinegared jellyfish as gelatinous cube.

OP here-

Essentially what I am planning to go for is this:

A high-fantasy tavern keeper sharing their recipes. Sometimes I might convince one of my larp buds to show up in kit to help me cook, sometimes while I'm cooking I'll share world lore.

I was thinking of doing a month or three dedicated specifically to a certain race/region cooking?

That was the plan, user

I was thinking of using dry thickeners as "powdered gelatinous cube" and shit like that, I can also get my hands on everything from a chickens body to its feet, I might do a cocktrice meal

that's... not very exotic. maybe with aforementioned meat glue and an iguana skin? would be visually impressive, but probably not that great a recipe because lizard skin isn't easily edible like chicken or pig skin is.
i'm sure you'd find a market for it on youtube, there are people who unironically loved the WoW-branded frozen dinners. but what you're mentioning is somewhere from a well-stocked grocery store to the westerner-friendly side of a small Chinese market, so i think a lot of regular, longterm Veeky Forums users in particular - as opposed to crossboarders or sipboyz - wouldn't find it very different than their normal weekly meal planning.

a way to save money and research time would be to attach to an existing media franchise and try to replicate its recipes with more common ingredients, essentially to just try to be those frozen WoW meals. but that's asking for takedowns unless you work out a deal with them beforehand, which is unlikely for anything people have heard of.

pls be in ontario

Oh yeah, def. I haven't started anything yet, I'm still in the planning stage so thank you for the ideas and criticism

Sorry! Am Pennsltuckyan.

But user, since you're so close, you should check out the higher budget larps in NY, its a good time

not in a million years

>and actually go into discussion or detail about the hypothetical/theoretical preparation and process, as well as real-life comparisons
I think I saw once on Veeky Forums pictures of a guy who made imaginary rations for different fantasy races.
Like the orc ration had mostly dried stuff and some roast. The hobbits had jam and toast etc

There's nothing wrong with starting with small steps, either based on your budget or on gradually leading the target market in. I complain because I've thought about/shopping listed and budgeted some stuff for a photobook eventually, but the average user is prob all about those beer-basted ribs and it's a way to educate them.

I want to forcefully FUCK this elf

elves are for cucking, not for fucking
imagine the facial expressions when you take farlyn from her

i too would like to fuck monster farlyn

Depends. Will the cook wear some cute cosplay?

I might, I was thinking of going elven tavernkeeper.

so a regular whore then?

yeah i would but theres also things like historical recipe channels like townsend which would be a great substitute

You don't get the money for an entire building, kitchen and furniture by baking cookies, user

he is a treasure to mankind

How many twitch girls would be elves?

I'd be so down for a Cooking With Taako podcast.

All of them

Videos yeah as long as there's a segment dedicated to rations/adventure food

>tfw no beauitful bearded dwarven women