How did Starbucks convince people that drinking a 2000 calorie milkshake for breakfast is not only normal, but good?

How did Starbucks convince people that drinking a 2000 calorie milkshake for breakfast is not only normal, but good?

I can't help but cringe when I see my co-workers walking in with these, they are fucking killing themselves

Other urls found in this thread:

fitfoodiefinds.com/healthy-mint-chip-shake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>It's just coffee, user!

How did Starbucks convince people to think a 2000 Cal milkshake with half a teaspoon of instant coffee is a healthy beverage?
I worked there a few years ago, people literally thought they were healthy because they coffee (usually they were already obese)

These are the same people that call me a try-hard for drinking coffee black.

They think regular coffee is supposed to be bitter.
Most people have never had a good cup of coffee in their life.

Simply an anecdote here but a lot of people (specifically women and older people) seem to think that liquid calories just aren't a thing. You know the types - "I had a healthy lunch: a garden salad with a grilled, skinless chicken breast and a large iced tea! Oh and then in the afternoon I had another iced tea because it's hot out lol." Mom mother is like this and I finally got her to stop being a fool regarding liquid calories. On weekends it was very typical for her to go out in the morning to Tim Horton's and get an extra large French vanilla cappuccino and also a large Ice Capp to put in the fridge for later: total calories are about 800 and probably around 80g of sugar. My family is generally like this and it's the luck of the genes that none of these people have gotten the 'beetus.

For many people, the difference between losing weight and maintaining their current weight is a single 700 calorie coffee milkshake bomb for breakfast.

Everyone could be a healthy weight if they just skipped out on one less meal and cut out all liquid calories, especially soda.

Iced tea is fantastic if it's proper iced tea, the bottle thing is just revolting.

>3rd largest fast food chain on planet earth with locations on every continent
>they serve shit coffee AND shit food
>their drinks are a fashion accessory and considered trendy, no matter how stupid they are
>all their packaged coffee beans are oily and burnt to charcoal-tier
>they make $4.2 BILLION annually selling mediocre shit in a cup
>their wage slave employees are brainwashed little fucks who defend their employer in their free time on the internet

I was referring to bottled/stuff with about 10lb of sugar per serving in it.

>dat pikachu

Feels good to only drink water and homemade kefir (yogurty fermented milk drink)

god i hope all fat people just die

Why do people call them "2000 calorie milkshakes?" There's no ice cream and they taste way too watery to be a milkshake.
And the most unhealthy one is still like 600 calories. What exactly do fatties do to make it worse?

frappes are a scoopful of ice, cream base, instant coffee base and water
they're maybe 6 cents worth of ingredients for a 1000% markup
people make them even worse by adding more sugar

Bullshit show me nutritional facts that show a frap is over or at least 2000 calories. Not saying they're good for you but that number is definitely an exaggeration.

Pretty sure he was just using that number to make a point. I'm so hungry that I could eat a horse right now by the way.

I only say this because there are shakes over 2000 calories and since most of the fraps in starbucks are made with ice I refuse to believe any of them are over 2000

Don't get me wrong my dudeman, I feel you, but it's pretty hard to get decent coffee in certain parts of North America. I like good coffee black, but unless I have the time to go to a proper coffee shop I just dump some milk and sugar in it because
shitty coffee>>>>>shitty coffee with milk and sugar>>good coffee

>tfw I need to gain weight
Whenever I get sick I fucking shed weight, it's retarded. I usually hover like 5-10 pounds above actually unhealthily underweight, again, no idea why, and it fucking sucks trying to put on weight.

What I'm trying to say is I could probably drink one of these a day and be good to go in like three days

You'll kill yourself before you even gain the amount of weight you want

You got your arrows reversed.

Dude just order a small. 500 cal no big deal. Also last time I checked they didn't surpass 1000 calories. Half of it is ice, it's nothing like a milkshake.

My teeth fell out after reading this

>2600 calories

jesus fucking christ this should be classified as poison

that's a man's average daily intake, and men don't even really drink those

how are people like that even alive

No idea user.I still can't rap my head around the concept of Starbuck being called "coffee".

It's like Yorkshire Terrier being called "dog".

A common saying here is "I killed myself laughing" which is not unlike "I died laughing". I guess in America when your drinking one of these you could say that you "killed yourself sharting". Thank you and goodnight.

Was this supposed to be funny?

It's funny because it's true?

Yes. I'm not well. I'm on a train. And there's a black person sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME.

Deeply concerned.

It's just so hacky is all. I felt like a follow up post was going to say something fucked out like, "My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met!"

What the fuck are you trying to say you fucking idiot?

In last few days the ammount of incoherent posts have increased by a fuckton
Can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on?

Im sorry, but you didnt have to call me an idiot. Im going through a rough time

Its gonna be pretty frightening watchin all these baic bitches metabolisms go to shit and turn into dump trucks because they can't stop drinking frappucino. After working at a starbucks I was horrified enough to only consider small frappucinos as a desert or luxury item. You can't drink that shit on the regular and not expect it to fuck you up.
I drink my coffee black now but i just can't stop drinking pepsi its the taste of a new generation and its killing me.

How old are you?
I've met older people like you before that stuff a sentence with information that has no context.

>15 pumps

I wonder if Starbucks’ portfolio includes medical care services

We did a case study on this in my econ or business course. Starbucks is more of a real estate company than a coffee company, they just have spectacular locations compared to other fast food places and by the time that started to lose its edge they had cornered the white girl market

al/ck/ is leaking

Because it by literally every single definition of one is?

That's nothing, I worked at a Starbs for about six months and one of the regulars would come in and order a 35 Vanilla 15 Classic 1 Hazelnut Vanilla bean frappuccino. He would bring in a coffee cup the size of a big gulp and ask us for a double order if he "felt like something sweet". This fucking landmass would always come in through the drivethrough and hold up the line while he watched us pump damn near an entire bottle of syrup. And our manager was too weakwilled to say anything.

Exactly, technically. Just like how soy boys are "technically" people.

I used to get venti peppermint mochas with 8 pumps of peppermint. once every month or so. Now I just make em fresh with my own mint extract and pre-chilled coffee, Much better for me, and also tastes better.

>263g sugar

>Wheat
Hold the fuck up

What do you think Oreo cookies are made of, dummy?

>Soy
That about sums it all up

she is so flexible for being so big

'Murric herr. Not going to even both looking that up while I'm in a sneezing fit but isn't that around around 2/3 a fucking lb?

i like my coffee to taste like a dessert.

i use this to keep calories low. but i'm sure there's transfat and i'm still fucking up my health.

0.57lbs, so yeah, just about

Just made one of these right now for the first time.

fitfoodiefinds.com/healthy-mint-chip-shake/

I think I overdid the mint a bit, but its really good. a 4oz cup of this is a great side for my future lunches.

I approve this message. Unless the stuff is grade A or quite close to it, sugar and milk and/or cream will go a long way to enhance the taste. I don't drink coffee at all anymore, though. I've never had a Starbucks drink either.

the draw of starbucks is more about class than race. it's an affordable luxury to middle and lower class people

>,
>Affordable luxury
A venti frappe is $5. Thats their most expensive drink. On what planet can a person not afford a $5 food expense?

Your post suggests that spending upwards of $15 for food every single day for a single person is not only affordable, but normal.

>Spending $15

You buy a $2-$5 drink, how the fuck is that $15?

>especially soda.
Is there some hidden soda fact I'm unaware of? Pic related has only 107 calories and I'll be damned if I don't serve my hangover onion and cheese omelette with some ice cold pepsi.

>$15 for food every single day for a single person is not only affordable, but normal.
I mean, it is if you have a job. You can eat pretty well on 15 a day, if you had the money why wouldn't you? I'm pretty poor, so I like to spend as little as possible on food, then cook one or two really good meals a week. However, if I made even a little bit more it wouldn't be too crazy to spend on average 15 day. I'm at sub 2 right now if you're wondering.

fountain drink refills

>Everyone could be a healthy weight if they just skipped out on one less meal

Not how that works healthfag. You can easily make 3 main meals in 1500 calories. Just cut down on the meal itself and drink diet sodas or water. instead of juice and soda.

A good quality omelette, 2 strips of bacon, A bagel or waffle and a glass of milk is 400 calories all together. A fast food breakfast platter is all of that in one item.

>25cl

ah yes i'll have three of those thank you

Are you some kind of freak? I barely ever down an 8oz can of diet soda . Who the fuck drinks an entire 20 oz in one sitting?

oh right, I forgot about the 2L jew
Carry on

idk man even 500 cal is a lot

it really isn't if you skip lunch
nobody ever does tho

sugar retard

>"wow I fucking hate when you can tell someone is 250 pounds just from their fat arms and grubby little fingers"
>car interior shot
>"holy shit"

I used to have a friend years ago who told me calories from icecream didn't count because it'd melt and go right through you. He was a giant pothead, so I could never be sure when he was just fucking around, but I think he meant it.

This pales in comparison but when I worked at McDonald's on the opening shift, every morning for as long as I was on that shift these two middle aged women would come through drive through and they'd both get a 32oz sweet tea with 7 full pumps of the liquid sugar. Every day.

Assuming said person buys one five days a week for a year that's $1300 in a year on Starbucks coffee alone. Considering there was a study recently showing some 70% of Americans basically live paycheck-to-paycheck, that's an easy $1300 to save by brewing coffee at home

Is that bench sagging?

That's over 400 dollars a month just on pure garbage and junk food.

this is where people go broke. I accidentally opened one of my brothers credit card statements. About 3/4 of all the stuff on there was food. Most of it was take out and prepared food to go. It was over 600 dollars in just food alone and that was about 2 month period.

I agree, one of the biggest things I harp on whenever people start whining about financial matters is to stop nickel and diming themselves to death. The same people moaning about how it's not fair that they never have any money have a bank statement with dozens and dozens of 1-5 dollar charges

Dude he got super mad at me for even bringing it up. Him and his gf are super lazy about cooking. They only do it once in a while and for special occasions.

Pajeets from Veeky Forums starting to crossboard

How is that third post incoherent at all? He said that the person that he replied to wrote something that was hacky, and then said that he expected them to follow it up with another hacky post. How is this confusing to you?

>sugar calories are magically going to make you fatter than fat, protein, or complex carb calories

Yeah it's fucking retarded if you're spending it at starbucks, but the actual monetary amount is totally fine. 400 dollars a month to eat really good food every day for every meal is totally worth it. You can definitely cook great food at an average of 15 a day, it'll go above for stuff like steak obviously, but there are plenty of great meals that will put you pretty far below that.

the human body is astonishingly adaptable

I don't eat breakfast so 500 cal is 1/3 of my intake.

>400 dollars
Dude, I do $125 a month for grocceries, and I buy nothing but fresh ingredients and thinks I can portion/chop up for other meals.

Spoending $400 on food is plain retarded. and a waste of money, Rich or not. That's ~300 that could go to savings or something important.

enjoy your baby fetus flavoring

So instead of a good breakfast probably filled with protein vitamins and nutrients for the day, you choose an overly sugared drink that does nothing but make you sleepy and feel like shit later?

It doesn't make me feel like shit or sleepy later so idk why I wouldn't drink it for enjoyment

Lol they even ordered it double cupped for their poor widdle lack of circulation diabetes hands

Thats for the cold you mong.

I truly do not understand how most people think about food.

>Drinking enough alcohol to have a hangover with any regularity
Eh, at this point adding in a soda won't hurt too much more.

I'd bitch her out but I'm miserable as fuck and she's probably experiencing the bliss of ignorance, so fuck me

In America the average sized soda in a convenience store cooler (16oz) has over sixty grams of sugar

you're not supposed to drink the whole thing at once you know
a can is a single serving, and it's more than enough, you get bored of the taste after a while

Social conditioning via media.

(((Ingredients)))

>tfw you blast through diet soda throughout the day with no foreseeable consequences to your weight or health
>drink through a straw to avoid the acid from the soda sitting on my teeth
>brush 2-3 times a day
>eat 2-3 200-400 calorie meals with snacking every day
>flucuate up and down around 3-5 pounds at a stable weight
>go on walks when I feel like I might need to compensate for higher calorie splurges

>>drink through a straw to avoid the acid from the soda sitting on my teeth

This is without the dumbest thing I ever heard.
Also
>Not brushing before bed as well
Disgusting beyond words.

Wow, I cannot believe my mom stooped so low...

My mom called my doctor and said to him "What's the most accurate measurement for weighing?" The doctor said "An underwater weighing test" And just like that, my mom said "Yes. When can my son and my daughter can take it?" and the doc said "Today at 2pm."

So, I didn't bother taking a shower and so did my sister too, so I had to get into a special swimming suit(tight pants...Ugh).

My sister said "Can I pull my hair down to a ponytail?" The doctor said "No." So my sister with her long, blonde hair went underwater with 8 seconds and had she must enjoyed it..but I didn't.