Dear Veeky Forums

Dear Veeky Forums

How autistic is my egg frying setup

shit up the board/10
great job

>Paper towels over everything
>Plate half-jammed onto the stove
Attention Whore / 10

An autist would have thrown out that first ruined egg.

If you're worried about oil splatter, use less oil and a lower heat

post tits

more like throw out both of them the one in the pan is clearly overcooked on the bottom yet still wet on the top somehow
what the fuck are you doing OP

>using non-stick pan
>still drowning it in fat
Is this an american thing?

>fried egg
>no oil/fat

>cooking an egg in oil, not butter
fucking disgusting

idk I just use a steel pan and coat it with a bit of olive oil or some butter so it doesn't stick to the pan. The fried egg in OP's looks greasy as fuck.

The post is both food AND cooking so you can fuck right off. Make a better thread

>paper towel on top of other burners while cooking
Jesus fucking Christ

Stay mad fat boi

Why not just use a lid?

Just get a splatter screen my dude.

Some grease is still going to splatter when you take the lid off to get the eggs out of the pan.

>Teflon
Ask me how I know you're Canadian

looks fine, you can just wipe the stove down once you're finished instead of leaving towels there (pretty obvious fire hazard)

also, the egg on the right looks perfectly cooked but you went ahead and flipped it over onto a plate and broke the yolk. that would be my only criticism. break the yolk with the fork, not before eating.

Nobody fucking asked you

>fork
I wish Veeky Forums had flags cause I want to know what language that means toast in

what do you use to scoop the runny egg onto the toast, hmm?

>scooping
>with a fork

FUCKING AMERICANS AHHHHHGGGHGGHF!!!

>he's so hell bent on winning the argument that he is pretending it's strange to have a fucking fork on the table for your meal

stay obsessed

fire hazard/10

no u

Muh dippy eggs nigga

Just fucking boil them, you imbecile.

>that runny yolk on the plate

absolutely haram

>what the fuck are you doing OP
Using way too muchheat, and way too much fat/grease/oil/butter/whatever

pretty bad, user.

come talk food here

discord, gg/avsR9tq

>using stainless to cook eggs
You have no right to talk.

very

If you're gonna use high heat. you need a lot of oil because you're supposed to ladle hot oil on top of the egg to cook it.

I prefer over easy cooked on medium-low in a bit of butter, but the high heat oil method cooks them really fast so that's an advantage.

It's shit.

Wasting paper towels when one could have cleaned up the area covered, your nonstick pan is of inferior quality and design since it is too small in diameter and much too deep, you use way too much butter as if you were cooking in ss and this is why you make a mess and that nylon spatula almost negates the advantages of cooking with a nonstick pan.

You also suck at frying eggs since despite the obvious mediocrity of your pan, utensils and set up should still allow for the eggs to not look like shit if you had half a clue about heat and what it does to eggs.

on a scale of 1 to Chris-Chan, i'd rate it about a Rain Man

Still managed to make a mess somehow haha

>shoves clutter aside for the perfect photo
You're not fooling anyone Stinky Pete

turn the heat off, user.

>you need a lot of oil because you're supposed to ladle hot oil on top of the egg to cook it.
You can literally just put a cover over it to let the steam finish cooking the top of the whites. You don't HAVE to ladle a bunch more oily crap over the top.

Very carefully autistic

For real. Just cover it, it's like the easiest most efficient thing for sunny side up eggs, speeds it up too. In any case,of you must baste, baste eggs with butter, not oil, wtf.

Looks like a slop of shit

Just buy a grease trap you literal brainlet.

What did he mean by this?

Butter is a water-in-oil emulsion. So technically, basting with butter is basting with oil. I suppose oil in colloquial usage just means fats that are liquid at room temp. But still, basting with olive oil is quite common as well so what the fuck do you mean use butter, not oil?

Butter has fat, and it can be salted.

Kindly fuck off.

What do you mean? Not the fuck off part, that's pretty straightforward, but the other part.

Fats come from animals, brainiac. Fat/=oil.

>ctrl+f "Ulillillia"
>zero hits
Disappointed, lads.

OBSESSED

Also op your set up is The Good Doctor/10

If you mean to fry up so nice big alopa of shit then you're right on the money friend

>Broken egg yolks
Yolks on you

Are you serious? Cooking oils are all fats. The only distinction is that cooking oils generally refers to fats that are liquid at room temperature and this happens when there is much more unsaturated fat present than than saturated. All cooking oils are fats but not all fats are cooking oils. There are solid fats at room temperature from non-animal sources like coconut oil and liquid fats at room temperature (in warmer climates specifically) from animal sources like ghee.

That generalization is accurate most of the time but it is technically a false statement. I can see why you would be confused though after googling a bit. I think labeling plant-based solid fats as oils was more of a marketing ploy than a decision rooted in chemistry.

Every should have flags.

>using metall to fry eggs

>turns on wrong burner
>house in flames

Here's your >(you).

If you cant cook an egg in stainless you have no right to be in the kitchen