Well Veeky Forums, /ourgirl/ releases her next poetry collection on oct. 3, and it's currently #13 on Amazon's top 100...

well Veeky Forums, /ourgirl/ releases her next poetry collection on oct. 3, and it's currently #13 on Amazon's top 100. I've already ordered my copy, have you?

this is the recipe of life
said my mother
as she held me in her arms as i wept
think of those flowers you plant
in the garden each year
they will teach you
that people too
must wilt
fall
root
rise
in order to bloom

trash lit, girls can't write

I saw her book at a bookstore today on in the popular books stand at the very front of the store. I had no idea this garbage was that popular. I thought it was a Veeky Forums joke.

She has over 10 million followers on insta my nigga

*blocks your path*

shes the jk rowlling of poetry

>instagram

If that's a poem from the collection, I'm glad.

It is much better than any of the raw, reeking garbage she produced in the past.

But no, I have not ordered a copy. Why would I? As I said, the honored tower atop which she sits stands on pop-political filth.

>10 million dumb young women and horny young men follow this meme

Okay, seriously, Veeky Forums, what do people see in her? Why is she so popular?
Is it really just because she is a brown womyn? Do people think there's something intellectual about it? Do people actually enjoy it?

Its minimalism. shorts that make you think. Veeky Forums is way too hard on her

You are all plebs who don't know good writing when you see it

She's a genius and only plebs don't understand her unique perspective on postmodern life.

No. Veeky Forums isn't. Her poetry is garbage. Although is better than anything I'd seen from her before.

Even so, it is still bottom-tier poetry.

BOTTOM TIER

>genius
KEK
>unique perspective
If by """"unique"""" you mean trite-in-the-extreme, over-played, and so-common-you-could-go-to-any-highschool-and-find-five-hundred-children-with-her-exact-point-of-view, then, yes. She does possess a unique perspective.

She writes obvious things in a half metaphorical way, and her poems take less than ten seconds to read and fully digest. That is why she is so popular among the crowd of lazy hipster millennials.

Leaving out capital letters is the height of poetry. Few know this.

peak poetry is when you
use
line breaks in a way that
really makes you
think

"Poetic talent is easy to fake when thy sentences doth no fucking sense make."

-Bo "Veeky Forums thinks it's uncool to like things because of its post-ironic pessimistic mindset so they call him shit" Burnham

Should really be thine, embarrassing faux pas

I'd like to hear the recipe, but for some reason the mother went off on a tangent.

i found
a turd
last night
in my notebook
brown
and smelly
studded with corn
yellow as the sun
wait a minute
that's not a turd
it's one of my poems

it's easy to retweet

Also - reminder. Women are shit at writing.
The "good" ones are simple copycats with no originality.

Fuck Rupi is real? I thought it was a meme Veeky Forums made up to make fun of modern poetry

fifty words
a minute
three hundred
words per book
dollar signs
in my eyes

hey
millennials
FUCK
TRUMP
don't
forget
to
buy
my
book

That is actually really bad even for poetry noobs

This was published like ten years ago, user, give her a rest. Her recent verses are much better. Her erotica reminds me of Safo.

I subconsciously wanted to continue believing that until I was in a bookstore just yesterday and I saw a big, I mean a BIG stack of Milk and Honeys. With morbid curiosity, I paged through one and sure enough, The Meme Is Real. And not only is the meme real, but obviously people buy this dreck in droves, or else there wouldn't have been so many copies. There were thirty damn copies on a shelf with more in the back I'm sure.

I had a similar experience upon actually seeing those black paperbacks with the hiliariously bad covers in a store. I involuntarily blurted out, "Jesus Christ, the Meme Is Real."

I've heard the idea floated that the covers are made intentionally bad to give the books a camp value among our demographic. I could see a shrewd design department moving in this direction.

I dont read poetry, but i thought there was ssupposed to be some form in poetry? Even ik free verse, but i cant saee it. Can somepne enlightwn me?

I found a stack of Milk & Honey in Shakespeare & Co last month.
I redistributed them to underneath all the other piles of books.

Not necessarily