What’s the most delicious way (in your opinion) to prepare tofu?

What’s the most delicious way (in your opinion) to prepare tofu?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vifYelSTlMo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapo_doufu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Boil a bunch of shit, and then boil your tofu in the delicious broth.

with a fuckton of chili oil and scallions

Miso soup
Or stir-fried tofu scramble with garlic, rosemary, thyme, and sage

first cut it in slices and get rid of the moisture by putting some towels around it and put on something heavy. leave it for a few hours. then you can marinate it with whatever you want. soysauce, vinegar, spices, chilioil and herbs for example.
let it sit for at least a day. then fry it. with veggies and add this to your asia style rice or just eat it as a tofu steak.

you also can crumble it in your tomato sauce to replace ground meat or every other dish like lasagna. the texture comes very close

Carefully take all of the tofu, and place it (very carefully) in the nearest refuse container. Then eat a steak like a normal human being.

What if I want to eat tofu today though?

Then you are truly lost

I like it fried really crispy and served with vegetables or soup. Or marinated in your favorite marinade and grilled. Or hollowed out and stuffed with whatever stuffing I can make with the ingredients I have, and then steamed or fried.

This is really the best option.
But why.

Tofu in Pad Thai isn't bad

fry it and covered in terriyaki sauce.

Tofu is like mushroom
It only has as much flavor as you let it absorb
When my family does gooky hotpot I don't go for the tofu or shrooms till the second day, and the pot usually lasts a week before it goes too starchy due to shit like potato and noodle

Put tofu in garbage can. Have some beef.

1. Don't eat tofu
2. Marinate it

Paired with a meat dish and a side of vegetables.

mapo tofu
or noodles stir fry with some deep fried tofu

Places where tofu was traditionally eaten don't completely substitute it for meat, they just treat it like another ingredient. One common tofu dish is mapo tofu which usually has ground pork in it. It's just like chili with beef + beans.

>chilli
>beans
no

>Cut tofu into little cubes, coat in cornstarch.
>mix equal parts soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, and a half part sugar
>fry tofu in a small amount of oil in wok until both sides are crunchy
>remove tofu, add garlic and crushed peppers to wok, sautee
>add sauce, cook for little bit until it starts getting goopy
>throw in tofu keep cooking till sauce is sufficiently goopy and reduced

>Attempting to justify all this pointless bullshit to try and turn this stuff into food
Fucking kek

Too many people have been tainted to believe tofu is a meat substitute and thus attack it for muh veganism
It's just an ingredient bruv. No one here is trying to imitate steak or some other numale food to assure your masculinity

>Projecting
Nope, I'm 'attacking' (kek) it because it's a bland, boring ingredient

When I was doing keto, I'd slice tofu into thin strips, salt, then fry them in oil until very crispy. I used these sort of like pita chips as a side-dish to some low-carb baba ganoush or aioli or whatever.

Also on low carb, I'd blend up silken tofu to make a base for low-carb desserts - blend it up until smooth, add in a little oil, some noncaloric sweetener, vanilla extract, lemon juice, maybe add in a couple nuts if I had room in my carb budget. Also used blended silken tofu+lemon juice as a sour cream alternative.

I'm not doing keto anymore, but I do enjoy playing with tofu - I've cooked it a bunch of ways.

One way that's pretty good: Press the water out, then slice, oil and bake it at like 350 until hard to the touch and kinda inedible. Chop the sliecs into cubes and throw them in a stew or soup that is going to simmer for a while. The simmering alters the texture and the chunks are really good and flavorful afterwards.

For a more out-there experiment: Bring two pots of stock to a boil: to one, add about 1 tsp baking soda per cup of broth; to another, add about 1 tsp lemon juice per cup instead. Take your extra-firm tofu, and dump the block into the baking soda broth, then reduce to a simmer. Let it simmer until the outsides of the tofu start to dissolve and get very very soft. The whole block should be very soft, hard to keep from falling apart. Then, carefully transfer to the acidic broth and simmer in it until the tofu firms up again. Next, press the excess moisture out and bake it or whatever. Point being, the alkaline broth loosens the protein structures and allows the broth to penetrate all the way through the block, coloring and flavoring it consistently, while the acidic broth tightens the proteins and returns it to its original consistency. An added bonus is that because the outside becomes quite irregular, it holds onto breading really well if you want to deep-fry it.

>Too many people have been tainted to believe tofu is a meat substitute

I think the problem is the word 'meat substitute'. Sometimes you want something chewy, savory, and maybe high in protein - meat fits that bill, sure, but other things might too.

For example, I make seitan somewhat often. I'm not even vegetarian, in fact I simmer it in beef broth and fry it in bacon grease usually. It's not really meat, more of a 'wheat meat', and it's good for what it is but it isn't like meat from an animal.

Tofu can be made similarly, it's not going to be like meat, but it can be a savory, 'meaty' part of a substantial dinner. Pic related, BBQ tofu sandwich

so is rice

/thread

So far I only really made many different curry variants, mapo tofu and miso soup. Tofu is awesome and really makes the best out of spices. Oh and I sometimes buy pre-prepared tofu and just eat it on my bread.

Throw it in the garbage where it belongs, then get some meat to eat.

Phat phrik khing

1. Spend a shit ton of time preparing this pointless ingredient
2. Be sure to post on Veeky Forums about how your tastes are superior, and that "it's not a meat substitute guys"
3. Cook it for ages, in the desperate hope it'll pick up the flavours of some of the other ingredients
4. Post again on Veeky Forums about how awesome it is
5. Dig in
6. Cry
7. Contemplate the sweet release that death will bring
8. Do it you faggot

God there are a lot of retards itt, did someone link it on Veeky Forums or /pol/?

Toss it in the trash

/thread

gotta be soondobu jjigae.
a boiling hot bowl of this stuff at this time of year is like a mother's hug.

however, around the summer months i quite enjoy it right out of the fridge with some soy sauce and chili garlic sauce.

>tofu hate
This is a transgender tofu-loving website, if you don't like it please leave.

youtube.com/watch?v=vifYelSTlMo

>is like a mother's hug.
Your mother obviously didn't love you

It is and isn't a meat substitute
If you're treating it like a meat substitute, it's a meat substitute
But some of the most famous tofu dishes also have meat, off the top of my head, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapo_doufu

>HURR DURR GUYS IT'S NOT A MEAT SUBSTITUTE I CAN LIKE TOTALLY NAME ONE DISH THAT DOESN'T USE IT LIKE THAT SO THAT MEANS YOU'RE WRONG!
The absolute state of tofuckers

1/10 apply yourself

Tofu bahn mi. Better than the original.

>mapo tofu
Mah 검둥이

>Implying
Go on, defend your bean curd some more, it's amusing

Depends on the firmness. For firm tofu I would slice it into patties, marinate in teriyaki sauce, then grill them.

It tastes okay in miso soup, just kind of like egg white

White rice is, brown rice is pretty good tho.

How did you prepare the tofu

>just kind of like egg white
Wow, that's the argument to end all arguments on this - it's not like you could just use egg white is it?

>see recipe with tofu
>cook it
>"KEK MEAT SUBSTITUTE GO KYS"
xd

The tofu has a softer texture that goes better with the other soup ingredients, and you wouldn't really be able to get egg white into cubes without pre-cooking it and it would make it too firm for the soup. Egg drop soup is something different but pretty good too though.

>The tofu has a softer texture
What, you can't chew?

no :(

AM torturing you actually explains your love of tofu, you're no longer sane

I don't love it, but it's actually good in miso soup. I actually like the seaweed in miso soup more than the tofu but the tofu is still okay with it. If you put egg white in it, it would take away from the texture of the seaweed.

>I don't love it
He said whilst trying to justify his love for it

first of all you wanna preheat a cast iron skillet and melt some butter in it before chopping up the tofu in about half inch cubes.
then trow the fucking shit away and just eat a steak like a respectable human being

I feed tofu to my boyfriend to make him more submissive and easier to push around and dominate.

Freeze/thaw (I just keep my tofu in the freezer since I buy a lot at a time, then pull it out like one a day or w/e so I always have one that's been thawed).

Then I press the moisture out with a $15 tofu press, or before that, between two plates with a castiron on top.

After pressure, rub BBQ sauce on both sides and bake in a preheated pan at 350, flipping and rebasting every 20 minutes or so, until desired amount of caramelization.

Stir fry it with beef.

Tofu onion hot pot

Do you attack rice and bread too? you fucking moron. I bet you dont drink water because it “tastes like nothing”

Weird because hormones in processed meats would do the job better

DEEP FRY
then soak it in a broth

Put a bulk of tofu and soy sauce all over it

Fry it

Fry it and serve with rice with Japanese style curry and vegetables.

Mapo tofu

This, I'm making doenjang jjigae tomorrow

>Bread doesn't have a taste
Maybe if you only eat wonderbread all the time

What a fucking idiotic comment. Absolutely reeks of tendies and chocolate milk.

Wrap it in streaky bacon

Throw it in the garbage

imagine being so insecure about your manliness that you can't bring yourself to eat a dietary stable that has been around ten times longer than your entire nation.

>I'm a soy gargling weeb
Senpai will never notice you

I like to eat it with a dessert spoon cold right out of the fridge, drizzled with soy sauce and topped with scallions.

>I won't use soy beans because a youtuber told me they make me gay

Actually it makes a perfectly acceptable diesel additive

pajeet food

indian/other south asian veggie food is the best