So I was talking with a Polish girl who liked to read and asked for some books and authors that have impacted her life

So I was talking with a Polish girl who liked to read and asked for some books and authors that have impacted her life.

I need help with translations and what books to focus on. I prefer my translations with accuracy and footnotes over readability.

The Easy

Bolesław Prus - Lalka (the doll)
This one I have found in English just don't know which version to get.

Adam Mickiewicz - Pan Tadeusz (Sir Tadeusz)
This one I have also found in English just don't know which version to get.

The Hard

Jan Kaczkowski - Grunt pod nogami (Ground under your feet) and Dasz radę (You can do it).
I literally can't find any English translation of any of them.

Franciszek Błachnicki, anything buy him and I can't find anything at all. Thought that there could be something in English with the Light-Life movement but can't find anything.

Now maybe there are different spellings of them names when they are translated that I can't find?
So any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

was she a qt

>Jan Kaczkowski
a priest who funded some hospital and died at young age, very cool guy but pretty unknown abroad. Chance for translation: 0,0001%

I have seen once an australian version of english translation of Pan Tadeusz, I don't kow if it's avaible online.

>an australian version of english translation
how does this work
do they add a swear every second word?

no
I mean english translation made by australians and for australian market I guess

Ja she said the same about Kaczkowski but still wanted to try. Do you think there might be something unofficial anywhere?

They have Pan Tadeusz on bookdepository but haven't check what versions yet.

>Polish women

This girl has some pretty shit taste, read Wesele by Wyspianski, Forty door key by Gombrowicz and Wojna Polsko-Ruska by Maslowska

>accuse of shitty taste
>recommend Masłowska
you fucking idiot, she's literally a high-school-A-grade-student tier, nothing more. So original and edgy.

>Wesele
we're not anymore in 19th century. Maybe you are

Marek Hlasko - everything he wrote and there are plenty of translations

Totally agree about Maslowska - it's a totall shit for pseudointeluectuals

what did you said?

>pan tadeusz
>not in polish

mere thought of such an abomination sends shivers down my spine

poolish lit is shiteee

I'm Polish and I totally agree. And if anything good happens it's mostly a washed-down copy of another, better book.

IKR

stop replying to my posts durniu patentowany
wrrrrr

cicho siedź polaczku

>roasting my nigga Schulz
baka senpai

not roasting but counterattacking him actully

bo co? jak ci przydzwonię w ten zakuty łeb to nabijesz się na loda papieża w ułamek sekund, ja

he was a jew tho, and there is a huge difference between germanic ashkenazis and slavic mindless horde

Apologies, you're cool then

>ja
germaniec jebany xD

>Ctrl+F Stanisław Lem
>0/0

Lem is overrated
try Parnicki

hahehehehahehaehaehaehaehahaehaheahea

I will thank you

i like Tango by Sławomir Mrożek

I like tango by Carlos Gardel

Bumping for some more relevant posts.

don't even bother reading anything from polish romanticism in translation

for entry level read positivist novels by Prus and Sienkiewicz

Well Jan Kaczkowski and Franciszek Błachnicki is more about how she thinks than literature. She's an intelligent woman but we couldn't agree on the color of the sky.

But I'm having a hard time finding anything by them and I still want to read something she recommended.

> tfw speak and read Polish and can read Mickiewicz in his native tongue

You'll never know this patrician status OP

>Polsko-Ruska by Maslowska
I've read this book recently, it is like edgy YA literature, it was an exemplary waste of my time

> reading anything by Maslowska

You kind of deserved it

Schulz is a really thoughtful writer, I got a good translation and loved the prose, the images...

Now I'm going for the Wojciech Has' movie inspired in his work.

Judging by the choice of books, she either recently graduated high-school, or is a monolingual pleb on her way to unemployment. Literally every Polish teenager who doesn't read, but is cornered in a social situation, will mention one of those books, because they're mandatory reading in HS. Tell her to go kill herself asap.

watch The Saragossa Manuscript by Has. The best polish movie EVER made.
You shouldn't post here, you're too edgy.

>So I was talking with a Polish girl who liked to read
was she cute

>You shouldn't post here, you're too edgy.
I don't fit in, because I actually read books :^) The average Polish college graduate is an unredeemable idiot. Completely clueless when it comes to culture (both pop- and high-), reads Sparknotes, or the Polish equivalent, instead of actual literature, and when s/he DOES actually read books, then it's the basic bitch tier Empik trash or flavour of the month sci-fi/fantasy a la Metro 2033 or The Witcher. No wonder libertarianism is so popular among the 18-25 demographic, lmao.

Don't expect everyone to read Joyce, Schulz and Le Clezio at 18-19.
They can read whatever they want, who cares?