COSTCO

COSTCO

Hi fellow americunts. I was given a costco membership for christmas. Not gonna lie - shopping there gives me a headache and i cant wait to leave the moment i set foot in the building, but i do recognize that some (Certainly not all) items are way cheaper and worth buying in bulk.

What to buy at costco, then portion and freeze in food saver bags, and what to just get at my usual grocery

you sound like a smug piece of shit, hopefully a car hits you as you're pulling out of the parking lot.

Literally everything, if you're just going to break it down and freeze/store it

costco usually has pretty good cuts of meat, much better quality than regular grocery stores

well no. Organic carrots, for instance, were the same price per oz in a costco 5 lb bag as they are at my regular grocer for a 1 lb bag. some stuff was way cheaper. 2 gals of cranberry juice was like $6 at costco and 1 gal was about 5 at the grocery store.

>you sound smug
>i hope you get hit by a car

death to all smug people, huh? You must be one of those fat/ugly people that everyone disregards and so you judge everyone under your breath to help yourself sleep at night.

>shopping there gives me a headache and i cant wait to leave the moment i set foot in the building

elaborate

anyway

>beef is great-tier. beautiful corn-fed choice and prime beef cut in a very sanitary space.
>good selection of brand-name cheeses. fine place to buy everyday parmesan
>produce is alright, supermarket-tier but apt to be fresher since they're doing so much volume. sometimes you can score some nice thick-cut asparagus
>also a very good place to buy everyday wine. the kirkland brand stuff is formulated well, for example the red bordeaux is a great table wine
>pretty much all of the kirkland brand products are great, may I suggest the heavy duty trash bags?

>shopping there gives me a headache and i cant wait to leave the moment i set foot in the building
I hear you. I'm like that trying to shop at any huge store. The scale is just too much for the shopping experience to be pleasurable for me. And for me at least it's not worth maybe saving a few bucks here and there to suffer through an unpleasant shopping experience. I'd rather shop at places I like and save money by not buying stuff I don't really need.

Costco is the only place with reasonably priced vegetables where I live. Basic vegetables and fruit and egg are good too.

>elaborate
harsh fluorescent lights.
Concrete or industrial epoxy floor.
Store merchandise is ordered and optimized for the convenience of the suppliers, not the shoppers. (salad dressing on one palate, toothpaste on the next, toasters, then furniture)
lots of math involved to try to figure out if a bulk size is a good deal

do i need to go on?

Definitely get beef. The rotisserie chicken is a good couple of meals.
They also sell packs of 2 whole chickens for a great price. Roast em up and use the bones for broth.
The seafood is not bad either, giant tiger shrimp and lobster tails.
As another user said simple table wine and cheese are priced well.
They're coffee is good if your not picky. Mine also sells a local roaster.
Don't be afraid to buy the house brand Kirkland Signature, it's equal, and often better then the usual brands.
Paper towels and toilet paper
Pet food or cat litter
Canned goods
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Detergent
Over the Counter drugs like allergy meds and vitamins
Razor blades

Occasionally the electronics are a good deal but nothing that would blow your mind.
Small appliances can be a good deal as they usually include extras bundled in (attachments or whatever).

I think some among us would try to paint you as elitist for being annoyed with the indignities they're happy to endure to save a few bucks.

>Concrete or industrial epoxy floor.

Pray tell us where you shop that covers their floors with wool from the hide of a thousand virgin lambs? Do they give you a pedicure while you check out as well?

Come on. There are plenty of stores where some thought has been given to making shopping there a pleasant experience. Then there are places that make no effort to hide the fact you're in a warehouse full of shelves.

the fact that wholesale clubs are literally metal and concrete boxes with minimal fixtures is how they reduce overhead.

Buy a giant box of tampons, soak them in grain alcohol, then see how many you can shove up your ass at once

True, but that doesn't exactly make them pleasant places to be. Plenty of folks would rather not suffer being in that kind of environment just to maybe save a few bucks. Especially if there are a lot of other options.

Plenty of folks don't give a shit. Atmosphere is irrelevant. just go in, buy shit, and get out.

im not debating this point and pinging costco that they arent more comfortable. I get that this is where the cost savings comes from. im not a fucking retard. The original question is why do you get a headache and want to leave the moment you set foot in one. and thats my answer.

the real question is, what products are worth buying there and enduring the unpleasant shopping conditions. get in, buy the shit, get out.

>Plenty of folks
Don't have autism.

I like the industrial atmosphere of places like costco. Feels more honest than "homestyle" fake ass pandering

So they go to Costco, yeah.

Firstly youre wrong. Everything from costco is cheap and amazing. Not to mention they have 10 years in a row hands down have had the best return policy this side of the boarder. Buy a freezer from there and stock up on goodies like fresh cuts of meat and veg. Stop being a dink, getting a headache from being in there. Goodness me.

I don't HAVE to shop there, so why put up with the headache of doing so? That's not worth saving a few bucks to me.

Who fucking cares if op gets a headache at Costco. Pop some aspirin before you go for fucks sake.

I for one like the chicken salad there, it lasts a few days and is made from their rotisserie chicken.

How the fuck is walking on concrete suffering? You're a level of petty I didn't know was possible.

>Sam's club is 5 minutes away
>Costco is 45
>tfw
If anyone in Philadelphia wants to be warehouse club buddies I'm more than willing to show you the wonders of the Sam's club next to Dave's and Buster's.

Other than that I can't really complain about Sam's, $45 a year for ordering shit online and picking it up in the store has almost eliminated the need for me to spend any time shopping for groceries.
Costco got into a pissing match with distributors a few years ago and decided to build a state of the art meat plant. Ever since then they've had wonderfully prepared cuts. The meat, the precious meat.

I work hard for my money. When it comes time to spend it I want to enjoy doing just that. Being in an environment I can't wait to get the fuck out of is not enjoying anything.

Good. Get the fuck out of my store and never come back.

You definitely do not "work" hard for your money. What's your job?
inb4 something in STEM where you sit all day at a screen

My actual work is a pleasure. I'm a musician and music producer. What's hard is lining up enough work that doesn't suck to pay the bills - the hustle involved with it. The work involved in my job isn't all that hard, but the constant networking is. You can imagine aesthetics are important to what I do. Music doesn't make any money unless it sounds like something people want to hear. No one will take me seriously unless I look the part. So walking into a place where the aesthetics have been entirely dispensed with is really unpleasant for me. Even in a crappy recording studio there's at least less than horrible lighting.

>Hi fellow americunts
Costco operates internationally.

Don't go on saturdays or sundays, that'll solve 90% of your problems with the physical structure. In addition to what other anons have mentioned (chicken, beef, cheese, canned goods, paper products, Kirkland brand stuff), it's great for weird shit like socks, gift cards, shampoo/conditioner, and spices. Also furniture, since you get free delivery and installation. Their vacation packages ain't shabby too, and can save a lot.

>gift cards, shampoo/conditioner
>vacation packages
Wow. I'm so not the target demographic for this shit. Would never buy any of that.

the chicken salad is god tier. great on the bagels

Their chicken thighs are crap. Hastily and somewhat randomly hacked up by hatchet wielding retards apparently.