Wine colored sea

>wine colored sea
>sweating horses
>rosy fingered dawn
LOL this guy really must have been blind his descriptions are ASS!

i refuse to believe that homer was this orthodox jew looking motherfucker

Friendly reminder that Ancient Greeks couldn't see blue, hence Homer's description.

Good day.

They couldn't see blue because they didn't have a word for blue

There are so many plebs on this board now that's it's just driving me crazy. I don't know what happened.

Sprinkle a little sage in all fields...

The quality of this board is really making me feel wine-colored.

They could see the color blue, their language simply didn't categorize the color of wine and the color of the sea differently. In much the same way all of the shades in the attached pic fall under the category of 'blue,' despite the fact that they're different. Another language might theoretically separate the varying hues of termed 'blue' in English into different categories.

wine dark != wine colored

None of those are the shade of any kind of wine though.

Why would the Greeks need a color for blue when it doesn't occur in nature?

I'm pretty sure the sky is blue m8

If you had never seen artificial blue, you would see the sky as white.

What about sapphires mate

how dumb are you man

What's this.

Did anyone else find some of Homer's analogies hilarious? Like when he compares the Trojans throwing their spears at Ajax's shield to children beating a dumb ass on the back while they helplessly watch it graze on crops until it is full

Looks white to me

t. Someone who has never seen artificial blue

>critiquing a blind poet on his use of color

Interesting
Trips as well

Then explain tekhelet, you dimwit. It occurs 49 times in the Tanakh.

The evidence of his blindness is pretty weak

Isn't it just based on the blind bard in The Odyssey telling the story of the fall of Troy?

What is artificial blue? I'm pretty sure Rayleigh scattering makes most of the sky blue and that blue appears in rainbows. What about this artificial blue activates my ability to perceive blue instead of white?

>rosy fingered dawn
what kind of uncultured barbarian thinks rhododaktylos isn't an absolutely beautiful word

you must be a pelasgian or something lol

The scene is meta to the point of being self-referential, some critics arguuu