What's the best ethnic food and why is it ethiopian?

What's the best ethnic food and why is it ethiopian?
>cheap
>easy to make in massive quantities
>can eat it with hands
>only one dish to wash

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/7070/injera/
youtube.com/watch?v=BQ5wsYu_VK0
howtocookgreatethiopian.com/ethiopian-recipes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ethiopian is good as fuck. there are 2 restaurants i've been to but i think the first one was the best one. i think i got either spicy lamb or goat curry. the injera bread is awesome too, i like to eat with my hands when available. their beer isn't too bad either, a plain lager with a slight hop to it.

I like ethiopian food but your pic looks kinda gross OP

literally looks like piles of shit

>tfw Eastern European, basically flyover I guess
I will never not feel uncomfortable when eating at an ethnic restaurant. It's not even racism, though I am racist to an extent, but it's obvious that washing your hands is not really a thing in their culture. I sometimes buy beef from a turkish deli and they don't even put plastic gloves on, and I saw the roach scratching his hair for too long for me to keep my apetite

>ethnic food

aka slightly differential piles of slop and raw plants

the best ethnic food is white poeple food

Indonesian, particularly from Bali (best combination of spices and sweet in the archipelago), is GOAT. Eating with your hands is the way to go.

Oh fuck off with the virtue signalling.

Eating with your hands is for barbarians and their so called food is just another round of curried bullshit.

>Eating with your hands is for barbarians
>fork isn't widespread in the US until the late 1800's
Amerifat barbarians were shovelling in their slop with their hands until the 1900's, lol! Figures.

I didn’t know they had any food

That does not change my point is only strengthens it.

What is a spoon precious?

what even is "ethnic food"

So you always feel comfortable?

Non-whites have a superiority complex and have to fabricate accomplishments so they claim their food is some great achievement for the world and on par with electricity etc..

If you are not white any ole crap you throw together is "ethnic food".

They also like to use that term because they don't consider white to be an ethnicity.

>hamburgers
>pizzas
>fried chicken
>fries
AFRICANS ARE SAVAGES!!!!! THEY EAT PANKCAKES WITH THEIR HANDS!!!!!!11!!!!111!!1

no I mean like what counts? does mexican count? does greek count? at that point italian should count too, it's such an arbitrary term that you could pretty much say that the only thing that counts is african food because asian and european food has been americanised

Hamburg, Italy, Egypt, France, do Americans have any original non cancerous recipe of their own?

Give me a break, eating with your hands is in fact barbaric and you have turned that basic idea into some attack on precious black people that must be defended.

I bet you're of those guys who eat their prawns with a fork and a knife

americans have no recipes of their own in general

What the fuck?

How can you even state something so obviously wrong.

Is the anti-American circle jerk so fucking strong that you can ignore basic logic?

That’s a big plate. Better for serving that sort of slop, maybe. Personally, I wouldn’t eat that shit.

give me one originally american recipe that isn't based off the groundwork of an already existing cuisine

A triple negative is still a negative don't you EVER fucking doubt me again

Have you ever tried Lousiana-style “fuck off” burgers? You should.

A babby utensil because forks are too scary and babby might scrape xis mouth?

Obvious bait

The fucking point is faggot he wanted to pretend that "see you guys do it too" with regards to eating with our hands because fork adoption was very late in the game.

Succotash, or anything else made by Native Americans.

You're asking for something you know that can't really be provided since everyone who isn't a Native American came from another country and took their cuisine with them.

Oh ok... nice bait....

You almost had me.

Asuming this is not bait, which it is: Americans =/= native Americans

It's not bait, it's a response to a silly question. You're asking for people from other countries to not be influenced by the cuisine of the countries they came from.

You need to be gutted and left in the fucking moonlight.

>looks like slops of shit

sounds romantic

>though I am racist to an extent

I literally thought this was gonna be a joke thread. Like ethiopa has no food joke.
-Easy clean up afterwards, like theres nothing to clean
-No need for utensils when theres no food
-Great for dieting.

Communal eating is fun too, I always enjoy cuisines where meals are meant to be shared, like Chinese hot pot.

>>cheap
the restaurants charge like $20
>>easy to make in massive quantities
easy? literally how do you make injera? shit is alchemy

>injera
allrecipes.com/recipe/7070/injera/

Close, but no cigar. "Ethnic" in English speaking countries is a way of saying "not one of us". It implies that you're part of a foreign diaspora in a foreign or disputed land. While not exactly a slur it is a way of labeling someone "the other", usually in a situation where you're looking down on that other for their strange ways. Americans learned this shit from the English.

>preferment 24 hours
wow super easy just like OP said!!!!

not to mention that, despite the recipe skimming over it, you really need to actually use teff or its going to be off. where do you get teff? easy, its available at many ethnic food stores; the kinds that also happen to sell stacks of injera they made fresh themselves. so there's really no point in doing it yourself.
and check out this easy recipe: youtube.com/watch?v=BQ5wsYu_VK0
there's a good bit at 5:40 where he tells you this recipe can take all day to make, then proceeds to stir it every 2 minutes for a full hour. so simple!
i'd still like to find a good resource for Ethiopian recipes though. there's stuff like this: howtocookgreatethiopian.com/ethiopian-recipes/ but that site makes it hard to find out what you're actually making. its lacking descriptions; many recipes are just videos with no ingredient list; some are amharic only, with quick, poorly translated english subtitles.
i've yet to find a really comprehensive guide to the kind of stuff they make at restaurants.

>best ethnic food

Is unironically other countries trying to intimidate American styled food and such.

Fucking love Ethiopian food. Pic related is my favorite.

>ethnic food
Is that how americans call food coming from a place that has a culture?

How the fuck do you eat soup?

More or less a west coast hipster phrase, everywhere else you are just stating what place you are going unless it has a district(little tokyo, little italy, chinatown, etc)

some penis enthusiast like you would've called me a racist anyway, so I thought I'd get it out of the way

>im a macho man because im racist

is this poo on tortillias? wtf man

Ethnic is used over authentic mainly by stuck up people who want to sound more appropriate when no one cares.

>the restaurants charge like $20

And it feeds two people, if you're too poor to spend $10 going out to eat stay home

Lol why would you think that faggot

All you need is an immune system and less faggotry

So I'm supposed to eat my pizza with fork and knife then? Go be a retard somewhere else

Fucking disgusting, I bet you use your hands for fries and burgers as well, filthy savage.

I completely agree with this. Ignore the autists memeing on you. I've also seen too much shit working in restaurants to trust minorities with food.

That said I don't trust most white restaurants either.

Of all the foods on Earth you chose Ethiopian? Like I get that you don't want to choose a European cuisine but even outside of Europe there are many cuisines that shit all over Ethiopian & Eritrean and it's sour fkn injera

>can't handle sour flavors

you must be 18 to post on this board user

Yeah, that shit's gross.

>>tfw Eastern European, basically pale-skinned nigger
Fixed for you. The few people I am still kinda racist towards are slavshits. You people have no manners, but think so highly of yourselves you gypsies fucks.

I'm okay with these because I was my hands thoroughly and I'm not bumping into someone's hairy knuckle plowing through the food I was about to eat.
Two of my cousins eat like this with dips and it kills me, licking fingers and dunking them in deep, it's appalling. Open dip in general. Put a spoon in it and little bowls next to it.

Joke's on you I'm Romanian, 100% blue eyed descendant of Emperor Trajan
Also we've been sending our gypsies your way for so long I'm not even sure this is still a thing

All Romanians are gypsies you delusional, pikey, Eurowog.
Now clean my car and don't steal anything.

>even remotely bragging about being Romanian

THERE ARE NO JEWS IN ETHIOPIA!

Not him, but I generally do.
A seafood boil? Couppe bushels of marlyand blue crab or Louisiana craws steamed up? Well of course; but that's different. Generally a party.
I lay newspaper on a picnic table outside for such activities.
Aside from that, who the fuck still serves cocktail shrimp regularly? I like it just fine, but don't see it much anymore.

We're tip toe-ing around you being a shitskinned savage, just be glad we deign to do so.

Forgot pic. Boeing get.

The Victorian Era ended over a century ago.

No forks til the 1900s.
Nigga is 2018 and they STILL aren't using forks.

i've been to ethiopia and their cuisine is delicious. the best part is that due to the italians barely colonizing ethiopia, one can find spaghetti at almost every single restaurant. so the nights when i was not the in mood for ethiopian, i'd get italian instead.

>Also we've been sending our gypsies your way for so long I'm not even sure this is still a thing
gee I wonder why Romania has a bad reputation in london

Is that a threat or an offer?

Ethiopian is a pretty strong contender. Stewed meats/vegetables and that awesome bread. Good shit.

I also like Korean and Chinese food, pretty much anything where you get a little bit of a bunch of different dishes.
I also love any cuisine that has a decent rice pilaf: Persian, Afghani, Indian, Somali, etc.
If I went with what I actually cook the most personally, it would be Cuban/Dominican/Puerto Rican food.

No time for forging forks when you are building the best nation on earth from scratch.

White people often love ethnic food because they love to take from other cultures and project this idea that they are worldly, open minded, interesting etc amongst each other. Oh you are supposed to eat with your hands, cutlery is considered an insult to the chef! I know this because I'm affluent and well travelled and have ethnic friends because I have hidden attributes, lol, you didn't know this? lol it is ok, allow me to bestow my largess, no! thank you for hardening my dick. Come in! we are having a brown person party! Yes, it is very novel!

That said white people food is some of the most boring and bland shit going. Maybe all it has going for it is its ability to steal, absorb and integrate from others.

Or maybe people just like trying new things.

>That said white people food is some of the most boring and bland shit going. Maybe all it has going for it is its ability to steal, absorb and integrate from others.

That said, white people dominate fine dining and the Michelin star scene. Go fucking fuck yourself then leave my country, liberal faggot

Nearly all successful restaurant food is 'ethnic' to some extent. It is either entirely or it borrows heavily from french, italian or spanish culinary traditions which benefit extensively from a mediterranean/north african influence (exotic). Nobody gives a mitchlin star to traditional white people food like farmer john smiths flat roofed office complex of boiled carbohydrate sources and sweaty vegetables with mac and cheese. Normal anglo food traditions cry out for even a little garlic.

Also the elegant simplicity of most fine european (pan fried fish in butter, lemon, salt, garlic with sweated greens) is some of the dullest food going. Try and resist the temptation to serve it with an earthy masala spice blend, squeeze of lime juice and handful of fresh cilantro, wait nobody can.

Guess you don't need forks to make mud huts.

Oh shut the fuck up. You are a brainwashed cuck trying to write off white achievement.

>hurr durr European culinary excellence is because of muh brown people

Die die die.

>an earthy masala spice blend, squeeze of lime juice and handful of fresh cilantro, wait nobody can.

thanks for ruining my fish

>Nearly all successful restaurant food is 'ethnic' to some extent.

I love sourdough bread you autistic faggot, injera is just disgusting.
I like kuku nanasi, but everything else there is shit in comparison to wog food & bangsat food.

Wrong African people are the true Jews and the so called "Jews" you know are actually Slavic ashkaNAZIS