How much would it take for you to complain, or even send back food...

How much would it take for you to complain, or even send back food? Is there a circumstance under which you'd flat-out refuse to pay the bill?

If it was not what I ordered as I ordered it, or if the server was acting like they were not a FUCKING SERVANT I would complain. If my complaint was not addressed I would leave without paying.

I once got a reheated pizza that I couldn't even cut with ease.
I've already returned a raw hamburger (cold and transparent in the middle) with pretty burnt buns when I was stressed too.

Only if there was something actually wrong with it. If it was burned to a crisp, something along those lines. One time a pretty waitress was handing me my plate and I fully saw one of her hairs fall into my food. I ate it.

If I order a steak and it's undercooked I will have them put it back on the grill - if it's overcooked I'll mention it to see if they'll offer to comp it but won't press further.

Even though I agree with you, your post makes me want to elbow you in the ear.

Why, you need your ass beat?

Now she's part of you forever.

I have only once sent something back and that was because they sent out a chicken breast that was still pink in the middle
Hell I ordered a burger med rare once and the dummy in the kitchen cooked it all the way through and I still ate it without complaining.

There was a fly in my mixed drink I ordered and I considered just picking it out and drinking it without issue. My friends all thought I was crazy and beckoned the waitress over to the table.

>"Show her the fly, user!"
>"Oh I'm s-so sorry, I found a fly in my drink."

Everybody laughs, waitress is nice about it, brings a whole new drink and takes it off the bill.

I feel so guilty I cant even finish it

yeah this is just about the only time i've ever sent anything back
they fucked up because it was crazy busy but i'm not about to get campylobacter

My grandma was always trying to scam free food. I'd be halfway through my tendies and she'd say, "those look a little overcooked, dont you think user?" and call over the waitress demanding a refund or new plate of tendies.
She would also keep plastic bags in her purse and when we went to a buffet she would put all of her pizza crusts, rolls, fried chicken skin, etc in a bag to save for "carb days" and she'd put them in the freezer.

Do you not know that you are the customer, and they are there to serve you?

I found a staple in my food once and the waiter acted like I was trying to scam them. They brought new food, but I kinda expected a manager apology or at least some sign of concern. I don't expect free shit but fucking hell, it's a staple not like "the food wasn't to my taste"

I left a shitty yelp review and never went back.

Not that guy, and I know this is bait, but they're there to do a job, not to jump through hoops at someone's whim.

That said, it has to be a pretty major fuckup for me to send something back. Last week I ordered in some tacos and there was a sharp shard of bone in there. That's not cool, it could have hurt someone. Same thing for hair/flies/whatever.

And what is their job if not to serve?

They provide a skill you're unable or unwilling to do yourself, like all trades - and the reason that currency exists.

I can't fix an air conditioner, but I do know how to fish for crab. But the guy that can fix my air conditioner might not need crab. I sell my crab to someone else and they give me something I can trade back for the guy to fix my air conditioner. But while he's fixing my AC, I don't get to spit in his mouth for the service.

so in other words they are paid as a service to me to be a fucking servant?

Thats what I said. You should feel bad. You likely won't, because autistics have trouble with those things.

Learn to fix your own shit sometime instead of watching videos of trains on youtube

All that was to say you can fish for crabs.
If he does a terrible job at fixing your AC (let's say he puts used parts, it's making noise and he doesn't put everything together in the end, even if it's easy to) you can complain and refuse to pay.

A skill? hahahhahaha.

>They provide a skill