What philosophy can i read to get on jim carrey's level

youtube.com/watch?v=ICPGhxjW3fw

alberto eco's the nihilist clock

He sure hasn't taken well to his junkie whore lover killing herself

Not so funny now eh funnyman?

is this what happens when you try to method act a role as terrence mckenna and just get woke af

lel yeah thats totally what this is

>tfw self doesn't exist

>Self? Pfsht! "Self", yeah right... Whose?

yeah, what's the deal with his (what sounds like) arrogance?
i dont think hes crazy at all, but no need to shout it from the rooftops and be a dick

people need to stop using the word existential when they mean philosophical

The old Jim can't come to the phone right now. Why? Cause he's dead!

I got bigger fish to fry

new age burn-out types are always like that

they get bare minimum insight from haphazard drug use and Eckhart Tolle pamphlets then act like they're the next fucking Laozi

it's funny because it's also an act. He's acting like he's done with the facade. What a goof!

I guess you have never tripped.
I won't try to justify it, but I can understand it: tripping hard on shrooms is usually the most mindblowing moment of your entire life, and for some people it takes quite awhile for them to put the experience in perspective. It's like discovering that you like Shakespeare after having spent your teenagehood on videogames and YA books: once you get it you won't shut up about it for a few months.

kekest of all

I got into practice largely by way of some overwhelming DMT and LSD experiences several years ago, and I agree that they can be useful to see what's possible, and to break conventional paradigms, but beyond that it's very difficult to skillfully use them for practise. You only have to view a few 'psychonaut' communities online to see how well-intentioned people can get incredibly confused and paranoid via psychedelic culture.

There's also something to be said for the ability to 'taste' insight, as all these strange drug-induced lenses on reality come up you get that experience of insight that profound mystical states and perceptual shifts produce. They can show you first hand that the mind is much more flexible and far-reaching than you imagined, and show you plainly that the idea of identity as you usually know it is quite arbitrary. The insights you get only really apply to the psychedelic 'frame' of reality though, they don't really translate back into sober experience, so you can end up totally lost. You still have to do the work to get the kind of sustaining, deep insight into everyday existence, it seems. But I feel like psychedelics can do a good job of motivating otherwise unsure or sceptical people.

Back when I was taking psychedelics, I had a casual meditation practise going and would sometimes meditate on LSD. The combination can make an otherwise fairly mild trip experience extremely overwhelming, very quickly. It can be quite useful, in some sense it's like adding weights to the practise, as you have all this extra sensory data is competing for attention, and you can get into some very deep states quite quickly as a result of that and the natural trance-like qualities of the drug. But sloppily instructed meditation on LSD can also take you into high-intensity states and experiences you are wholly unprepared for and cause trauma - ie a bad trip.

Ultimately, I'm undecided on psychedelics. I was clinically depressed when I decided to try them out as a sort of last ditch attempt after being labelled 'treatment resistant' by the doctor and I credit them with basically saving my life with the experiences that I had. But I'm not sure about how useful they are for real insight practise, and I can certainly see the dangers.

He watched Revolver by Guy Ritche and found his immanent self-presence to be distinct from the ego character known as Jim Carrey.

>when drugs are a religiĆ³n.

you are so dry you even know i.

fake news. rumours.

Too bad that I haven't said that, nor have I assigned any inherent value to the experience. Still, it's mindblowing, for it has literally no reference with the real world: by closimg your eyes you can see infinitely complex images that are perfectly tuned with your thoughts and mood, and if you close your eyes you'll see phenomenons that simply cannot exist, which again, are extremely dependant on context, in a way that almost define it as Art. You don't have to be spiritual to see how mindblowing it is, even when accounting only for aesthetics and entertainment it still justifies the experience itself.
Also you're wrong if you think that psychedelic experiences inherently lead to spiritual mindsets. From what I'm concerned LSD is a great gateway to those states of derealization (which csn be experienced while sober too) that are usually linked to existentialism, materialism and positive, vitalist nihilism. To other people it's just Hell for 12 hours, other people will ink that everythig is One and will be hung up on it for a few months. Thinking that these drugs lead to a specific philosophical mindset is plain wrong, and you are also wrong if you think that psychedelic drugs have some sort of brainwashing power.

For what I am concerned, LSD and shrooms are there to think in a inhuman manner for 12 hours, which is an experience interesting in itself, while experiencing infinitely intense and complex art.

literally babby's first existential crisis

My stance on the matter is that psychedelic drugs are mostly useless, and those few uses they are can for the most part obtained through other means. The experience is, sometime, worth it for its aesthetic merits, which find literally no corrispective in the sober human experience: certain images you'll see while on shrooms or DMT simply can't be replicated in any other way. It's beautiful, it's meaningful and it teaches people how to approach Art with serenity and a light heart. Given the aesthetic grounding I'm giving to the experience, I always believe in its rituality. I know it's a subjective stance, but I prefer it to be an extremely rare occurrence, that happens only every few years.

I agree with you, it's not for everyone, and to be honest my approach to the drug is pretty egoistic: I know other people can't handle it, but I can. The discussion ends here, in my opinion.

what makes you think ive never tripped from my post? that i didnt feel arrogant afterwards? youre a retarded faggot

:3 did jim read spinoza with a schopenhauer chaser?

good on you, jim, you drag that corpse around like a gnarled tree.

>good on you
where do u live

>land of greentext

Its a famous Welsh phrase

he wants a kusturica film
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyISGfzoBpg
we should make it happen for him, because i want these things too.

I've tripped hard and I didn't experience anything like this. You are just fucking with your neurochemicals and distorting your perception of reality. I became a little more sentimental but besides that there were no grand insights that I hadn't thought up before. I wish people wouldn't tout drugs up as this universally amazing, spiritual thing because they can actually be extremely harmful and mind destroying. I've seen people I care about become burnt out and it's really sad. Don't encourage this behavior. Most people are stupid libidinous apes who won't be able to handle it.