Stop repressing your homosexuality

Other urls found in this thread:

sas.upenn.edu/~cavitch/pdf-library/Freud_Leonardo.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm pretty sure Freud actively encourage Homos to repress their homo urges, or at least try to redirect them

Me? Homosexual? I've been straight since the gay I was born. Never have I had the desire to sex up another man; the very thought makes me dick with disgust! Freud is obviously a massive throbbing hack. I resent the very implication that I might want to fuck a man's tight, warm asshole. If he is calling me a homo, I say faggot about it! Thinking he can get agay with this slander, well; not on my crotch!

kek

>mfw I realised anti-Freudians are raging at their own urges not Freud exposing them

You can't make me.
*shamefully gags on cock*

>tfw everyone memes about repressed homos when the truth is deep down everyone is actually straight

reddit

This

>straight doest exist retard

>memes

statistically this is true, you wouldn't know it from the media though

he was writing at a time when it was prosecuted ( he fled hitler's regime at the end of his life). learn how 2 context.

his thesis is already revolutionary for the queer community in that he says all humans are born bisexual/polymorphously perverse

Oh fuck off, he didn't like homos. Stop revising history to pretend everyone was a secret SJW

newfag

>the relentless reading and re-reading of texts in each of new iteration of dogma by the priestly-writer class has led to esoteric interpretations and furtive fallacies

i study freud. i've been reading his works for 4 years. cite something or get out. i've already explained that he was writing in a context wherein he felt compelled to conform to certain demands made on the desire of his clients by the existing state of affairs (and in order to preserve his school -- he was very much afraid, too, of the Catholic church rejecting his practice at the time).

his early contributions (turn of the century) are different altogether, and that was what i was alluding to in my second paragraph earlier.

I laughed

>i've already explained that he was writing in a context wherein he felt compelled to conform to certain demands made on the desire of his clients by the existing state of affairs

Unfounded speculation, I could just as easily claim he was even more red pilled than he seemed but had to pretend to be tolerant for his Liberal Jewish clients

Yes he did you idiot. Da Vinci, Plato, Michelangelo, etc were men he greatly admired, and acknowledged as homosexual. God the people on here are so stupid. Read a book you dumb fuck Republican!

Admiring a person and acknowledging they were homosexuals doesn't mean admiring homosexuality brainlet liberal

read the 2 prefaces he wrote while in london to "moses and monotheism". better yet, stop talking about things you know nothing about as if from position of authority.

I have read them, I have no idea how you believe they support your point, he was hinting pretty strongly that we was sympathetic to whites on the Jewish Question

You are such moron. I was responding to someone saying he didn't like "homos." To like someone is generally to admire them. He admired (and therefore like) a few homosexuals. Ergo the idea that he didn't like "homos" is wrong. It's called logic. Like I said low IQ Republicans need to learn how to read and think before making the stupid opinions known to the world. Liking homosexuals is different from liking homosexuality. And I was addressing the former not the latter. Got that dumb fuck?

Would you be man if I told you he wasn't a fan of autists either?

he writes about his fear that the catholic church would condemn his practice and thought, as this would mean social death and the death of his School and legacy. but he states that the nazi uprising (because of which he was then writing from london) has led him to reevaluate his self-censorship w/r/t the church -- saying something along the lines of this "greater evil" has impressed on him the belief that his argument is more important than ever.

were he not in fact repressing his own thoughts (as he admits to having done in the two prefaces, for the specific mentions i have just mentioned, is why i brought it up, you fucking moron), he would have written that the nazis were repressing homosexual feelings for hitler, and taking up a position of infantilism w/r/t this image of a father figure. his pupil w. reich did this expliticly. but be sure to let me know exactly how you want to disagree with this obvious claim.

i smiled

gay

The claims fine but I'm at a loss at what point you think this means he respected homos

fuck off. you haven't read his works. he often says or muses that homosexuality ('inversion') is related to the creative drives. he greatly admired many homosexual artists and thinkers and openly praised them for their bravery in the face of a cookie-cutting culture. but he also realizes in homosexuality ('inversion') an exaggerated narcissism (which in some models he explicitly relates to the anal- position of dev

Sounds like you're just agreeing with me dude, like I said from the start homos should repress their homo urges, or at least try to redirect them. Like all those great artists did

Note how few great gay figures there are anymore in this culture where they're not encouraged to repress their degenerate desires

i loll'ed desu

Sometimes I think I’m gay as if that would solve my problems but I feel like I would’ve figured it by now so I’m probably just mildly autistic or something

>i study freud
Worth it? How much Freud does still hold up today? What's essential Freud core?

I'm pretty sure I'm not gay or even close to it. Sure, I have come across a couple of guys in my life that made me think: " I might go gay for him", but the men just happened to have the similarities in facial appearance that some face-product models would have. Also, seeing a dick enter a woman's cunt or mouth does not make one gay. The normal man is programmed to accept seeing his own penis enter a woman.

What a queer personal story.

u what

The irony of this post is ridiculous. You do realize that you are probably gay, right? Look how many Freudian slips do you wrote, there's no going back to edit on Veeky Forums, m8, the whole world knows you're gay.

Are you just pretending to be stupid redditors?

Heh heh, looks like you just got trolled

DOUBLE REVERSE-BAITED
holy shit retard

>immediate responses
like clockwork.

"The Aetiology of Hysteria" written before 1900. speaks in the name of sex to call power to account.

"The Wolfman and Other Cases"

"The Psychopathology of Everyday Life"

"The Interpretation of Dreams"

"Group Psychology"

"Beyond the Pleasure Principle" (lacan argued that this represented another shift or moment in freud's thought; i'm just bit skeptical of everything lacan attributes to freud in this movement. still important for understanding freud).

"Moses and Monotheism"

that's a list you likely won't find anywhere else.

further reading:
"Wit and its relation to the unconscious"
the case study on da Vinci
"Totem and Taboo"
"Sexuality and the Psychology of Love"
"Inhibitions, Symptoms, Anxiety"
"Civilization and its Discontents"
& "Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality" is especially relevant to this thread.

of course you might want to start with "Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis". i think it is important and productive to read this critically, but don't be simple and unfair.

Stop this right now

>reflecting your sickness onto others
That's pretty ingenious.

Freud was wrong about almost everything. Why should I listen to him?

No thanks.
Society ain't kind to the gays.

April 9th 1935

PROF. DR. FREUD

Dear Mrs [Erased],

I gather from your letter that your son is a homosexual. I am most impressed by the fact that you do not mention this term yourself in your information about him. May I question you why you avoid it? Homosexuality is assuredly no advantage, but it is nothing to be ashamed of, no vice, no degradation; it cannot be classified as an illness; we consider it to be a variation of the sexual function, produced by a certain arrest of sexual development. Many highly respectable individuals of ancient and modern times have been homosexuals, several of the greatest men among them. (Plato, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, etc). It is a great injustice to persecute homosexuality as a crime – and a cruelty, too. If you do not believe me, read the books of Havelock Ellis.

By asking me if I can help, you mean, I suppose, if I can abolish homosexuality and make normal heterosexuality take its place. The answer is, in a general way we cannot promise to achieve it. In a certain number of cases we succeed in developing the blighted germs of heterosexual tendencies, which are present in every homosexual in the majority of cases it is no more possible. It is a question of the quality and the age of the individual. The result of treatment cannot be predicted.

What analysis can do for your son runs on a different line. If he is unhappy, neurotic, torn by conflicts, inhibited in his social life, analysis may bring him harmony, peace of mind, full efficiency, whether he remains a homosexual or gets changed. If you make up your mind he should have analysis with me — I don't expect you will — he has to come over to Vienna. I have no intention of leaving here. However, don't neglect to give me your answer.

Sincerely yours with best wishes,

Freud

P.s. I did not find it difficult to read your handwriting. Hope you will not find my writing and my English a harder task.

traps are NOT gay

Finally

It's 2017, user. It's socially acceptable to be gay so you don't need to keep telling yourself that effeminate men in girly clothes are not gay.

>we consider it to be a variation of the sexual function, produced by a certain arrest of sexual development.

I miss when intellectuals were actually interested in understanding sexuality

>only consumes pop science
>complains that all science turned into pop science

What a polite dude, I miss him. But it seems like he neither "admired" nor denigrated homosexuals, more that he didn't give a fuck (which was the goal of the gay rights movement until it entered it's "you must not merely tolerate but actually actively approve" phase a few years back.) Source for the letter?

W/r/t sublimation, Freud seems to have thought that both homo- and heterosexuals should sublimate their sexual desire. He's pretty clear in Civilization and Its Discontents that society requires a great deal of self-denial. It's always been a mystery to me that Marxists and sexual revolution types love Freud so much; his thinking was ultimately opposed to theirs.

>If you're against homosexuality you're a closet homo

gee I've never heard this mind-blowing argument before.

He wrote an analysis of Da Vinci in which be basically said that the reason Da Vinci was so accomplished is that he sublimated his lust for boy butt for research instead.

Da Vinci had a very repressed sex drive, but nonetheless surrounded himself with handsome boys as his models, servants, and apprentices. But it's not clear he fucked any.

So yes, in some cases Freud would recommend repressing sexuality, or at least suggest that giving into it would interfere with potentially very productive sublimation into other tasks.

sas.upenn.edu/~cavitch/pdf-library/Freud_Leonardo.pdf

Not what I said though. You seem to feel constantly accused of being homosexual.

American Journal of Psychiatry 1951

Stop projecting :^)

>reads into it that I accuse him of being homosexual
>i point it out
>projecting
Why are you so defensive? Would homosexuality be something you would be ashamed of? Something... you'd try to suppress?

Dear Mr. Freud,

I would like to request your opinion about something. Please answer as honestly as possible.

What you think about marrying a 2D anime girl?

Please respond.

Sincerely yours,

user-chan

Tell me about your relationships with women.

Dear Mr Chan

Are you a white gentile? If so all my congratulations to you on your love. Please enjoy your relationship and continue not to reproduce
Afterall your mother was a white woman, you don't want to be incestuous right?

Sincerely, Freud

please never post this ever again

Dear user,

I gather from your letter that you're a weeb. I'm surprised you didn't use the word yourself. It seems to me that rather than an heroing you should get off Veeky Forums and go outside.

Being a weeb is no shame, no degradation, no loss. Although it can't be categorized as an illness, it is no advantage. Rather we consider it a variation on the loser function, owing to a certain arrest of adult development. True many highly respectable individuals didn't display your weeb tendencies, but it is a great injustice to label your orientation a crime.

By asking me if I can help, you mean, I suppose, if I can abolish weabooism and make normal adulthood take its place. The answer is I can't promise this will be the outcome.

Sincerely yours with best wishes,

Frued

>that's a list you likely won't find anywhere else.
I found that exact list on wikipedia after 3 seconds of googling...

are you a pseud pretending to be a smart learned user?

He didn't ask for your help. Only your opinion. Do you often feel the necessity to let others know about your intellectual capacities? Would you say you get sufficient sexual attention from the opposite sex?

Traps aren't gay.

Do you have some credible arguments to back that statement up? It's not like traps think or feel like they are women.

It's weirder than gay.

Dear mr. frued,

I have never felt any attraction towards men or women. Never felt this thing called love or lust. It only manifested when I fell in love with this particular 2D anime girl.

Sincerely yours,
user-tan

Interesting. How old are you? Are your genitals biologically healthy? Did you feel lust during puberty? Did you masturbate to something other than 2d?
What do you mean you never felt love? Only never in the amorous sense or did you never feel love for your parents and close ones either?

Nice

I am 27 years old and my genitals are healthy, apparently. I felt sexual desire during puberty, but only towards 2D girls. I can't masturbate to 3D since I can't stop thinking that people are like a bag of skin that carries poop inside. I read somewhere that we all are always carrying poop inside of our bodies. But that's only one reason.
In regards love, only in the amorous sense.

fucking phoneposters

>I can't stop thinking that people are like a bag of skin that carries poop inside
Interesting. And when would you say this view of people first came into your conscious mind?
>I read somewhere that we all are always carrying poop inside of our bodies.
Would you say the human body disgusts you? Do you find yourself focused on the disgusting parts of the human body (poop) a lot? You know of course that normal intercourse does not involve poop or the parts of the body that carries poop. What do you think about anal sex?

>In regards love, only in the amorous sense.
Do you have female friends? A close sister? Did you ever have a "chance" at getting a 3d girl but declined?

Who said I ever bothered repressing? Too much effort for insufficient gain.

Once, I had a psychotherapist who was heavily into Freudian theory for some reason, and he thought most of my problems stemmed from issues I had with my mother. It turned out I had undiagnosed epilepsy and was having focal onset aware seizures that were presenting as disorientation, dizziness, panic, altered sensation, and dissociation. Fuck that guy in particular. We worked through so many "mother issues" I didn't even have because my relationship with my mother has always been a healthy one, and because I was constantly confused and pissed off he stopped working with me because he thought I was playing games with him. What the fuck.

Get it straight, am I faggot or do I want to fuck my mother? Which is it?

You want to suck your dads dick

If I was gay, then women would shower me with attention. But I would no longer have any use for it, however.

but how does that involve me longing to return to the womb?

I don't think Freud ever said that but its telling you think he did

I'm 26 and in the same boat, except less the poop thing. Everybody poops, that's fine.

I can't stop thinking about people as potential disease vectors.

I am living my homo lust at the max
Is great

I doubt that, homosexuality invariably leads to an empty self consumed superficial life past your obligated displays of appreciation compensating for your insecurity of identity

Some times I wish I was more gay. A lot of guys think I'm hot and I would love to have more kinky sex but I just find them ugly...

I also wish I would find more girls attractive and have more sex... I just can't sexualize unattractive people...

t.homo

Thanks for the laugh.

That's a lot of unnecessary big boy words in one sentence.

If you stay there long enough you might end up back in the womb.

I think you mean stop trying to become your anima.

ikr

Wait what?

I thought the deal with Freud was that you have while growing up as a kid, and if you repress your libidinal energy too much as a kid you become gay when you're an adult. I think you have it backwards dude

>*was that you have sexual impulses while growing up

Daily reminder that there's nothing wrong with being a faggot.