My fiance use pic related in Alfredo sauce. I looked an lots of people seem to do this...

My fiance use pic related in Alfredo sauce. I looked an lots of people seem to do this. I feel like this might be degeneracy, thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

saveur.com/article/Kitchen/The-Real-Alfredo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Two males attempting to marry one another is more degenerate than any dairy based pasta sauce you fuckin sicko

Degeneracy? Yes, but it's fine if you're just cooking for yourself or your immediate family. I'd never do that if i were cooking for guests. I've used cream cheese in pasta sauce before with much success. Also, creme fraiche, boursin, crema, sour cream, labne, alouette, and other soft cheeses.

Depends on if you want authentic alfredo or a better version of what you find in a jar. They're entirely different experiences, just cook what you want and enjoy it.

Real Alfredo? No. That’s just parmesan butter and garlic. Maybe some white pepper if you’re feeling spicy.

American Alfredo? Yeah fuck it. Why not. It adds some creaminess and calories that amerfats crave.

That might actually ironically be ok in a carbonara.
This needs further investigation.

I remember when I thought alfredo was this, milk, and parmesan. Wrong on all accounts, man was I retarded.

you don't put parmesan in alfredo, retard

Then what’s “real” Alfredo my dear?

It's a secret italian recipe. Why should I tell you?

It’s literally butter and Parmesan. I learned real Alfredo from some Naples friends. They always included garlic too. Which I’m a fan of.

He is the guy in the middle.

>you don't put parmesan in alfredo
Ignoramus.

Even if you want something with a bit more sauce than just butter and cheese I'd try a recipe with a roux first. It's cheaper.

Frugality is non-degenerate.

I'll tell you, but only out of pity because that sounds like a pretty dismal take on alfredo. I've made it so many times that I've forgotten exact portions, just add cheese/cream to your liking.

- Unsalted Butter (3 tbps?)
- Garlic (2-3 cloves, saute til soft, not brown) + optional 1 tbsp of finely chopped onion
- Heavy cream (~2.5 cups, start with 2 and add to control consistency according to preference (a little thinner is optimal))
- Romano cheese (freshly grated, NOT pecorino romano), maybe 3/4 cup? have eyeballed this forverer so I'm really not sure. add after heavy cream is in a slight boil, stir or whisk in
- Add salt, pepper, basil (!!!) (sometimes I like a dash of cajun or chipotle for a little smoke, no more than a tsp or two) to taste, cook on low while constantly stirring for a few minutes until the sauce is done to your contentment

Oh so American Alfredo. I can already make that. You should try putting some Philadelphia Cream Cheese in it!

>SUPER SECRET AUTHENTIC ITALIAN
>cajun

My aunt does the same thing but I don't care what she or you wanna call it tho cause it's delicious

I've done this and it's good. Also that other guy might be a dumbass but Cajun alfredo is good too. Try throwing in some andouille sausage and seasonings.

Too spicy

I don't make it anymore. She only knows how to cook a couple things so I let her do those, it was the first thing she ever made for me. It is nice to not have to cook every now and then.
I probably do about 80% of the cooking, and that is not a bad thing....

OK fair - it's an Italian American interpretation of alfredo. "Authentic" or not it's the best alfredo recipe you'll find. Also,

>using parmesan as anything but a garnish

I suppose you guys have preferred applications for cheese whiz too?

Who the fuck cares if you're just cooking for yourselves. Good fucking God, you people.

Are you literally retarded? You understand that the parmesan we’re talking about isn’t the woodpulp in a green can, but parmigiano-reggiano. And it’s used with butter to make real authentic actual italian alfredo.

Kek. Wtf is this shit? And you try to say this is real alfredo.

saveur.com/article/Kitchen/The-Real-Alfredo

I don't care what you fags read on Pinterest - real alfredo is made with Romano. Ask any Italian in Philly, Boston, NYC.

>Ask any italian that doesn’t live in Italy.

Kys

I only said that because you're probably an Ameripoor who won't be taking vacations to Europe anytime soon (and because the Eurotrash tourists you met in college are hedonists with no tangible connection to their own customs)

Reverse image search this faggot. I spent a summer in Italy going from Rome down to the Amalfi coast.

t. jordan schlansky

ALFREDO IS
-MILK
.BUTTER
>GARLIC
>CHEESE

SIMPLE

Reverse image search this faggot. I spent a summer in Italy going from Rome down to the Amalfi coast.

CREAM NOT MILK