This stuff is anathema for your body. Why do I fucking love drinking it?

This stuff is anathema for your body. Why do I fucking love drinking it?

Sugar

Why hasn't humanity evolved to subsist entirely on sugar?

I don't. I haven't had a coke in years because I'm not fat.

because you are a fool who fell for marketing schemes and gave yourself a disgusting addiction to sugar

Because sugar is addictive as fuck and your naive and uninformed parents probably let you drink this garbage when you were a child. Stop drinking it and minimize sugar in your diet, user.

The balance of the sugar with the acid and the high viscosity of soft drinks makes them a somewhat unique experience. It's the sugar which is physically addicting, but I find the mouthfeel hardest to part with.

I find it hard to enjoy "thin" drinks after being hooked on cola for a long time. I love milk for much the same reason, but drinking a litre of that a day isn't much better.

Nothing like a nice thick coke.
If it wasnt coke and a normal tasting soda, root beer/ gingerale maybe even sprite i would agree but coke/pepsi are trailer tier soda’s neither tast right to me

This cant be true because I’m addicted to coke zero

Maybe you’re just a faggot

>Tfw only liquid I consume is fucking water like a normal human being
I dont get why people are addicted to coke and shit, my guess is that your mind developed some kind of need for it like some placebo shit.

sugar is crack cocaine

because you associate it as your only source of hydrating, making your body think only coke is "refreshing" when fucking water has the same effect if u kick the habit

>ten stripes

I don't, I drink Pepsi

America has, but the rest of us aren't that stupid.

>t. doesn't grasp abstracts

It has. Sugar is literally the only.thing we use for energy. Everything else either gets turned into sugar or stored as fat that later gets turned into sugar. You run on sugar, as do most animals.

just because ATP and ADP are what your body uses as currency for energy doesn't mean that your body runs solely on sugar, and it doesn't mean that everything you eat that isn't waste gets turned into sugar

if you want, go on a glucose or sucrose or fructose or (your favourite sugar here) only diet and see how quickly you die of vitamin, calcium, iron, protein, and electrolyte deficiency
i'm sure the results will surprise you!

>marketing schemes
you don't know what this means and you're probably a communist

still tastes sweet though
i'm sure it's enough to fool you psychologically into getting addicted

pop is pretty addicting with the sugar the caffeine and who knows what else. try not drinking it for a month and the cravings go away

>Have a Coca Cola™! Look at all these smiling people having fun and drinking Coca Cola™! Remember how fun Christmas was when you were a kid? And all the great things that Santa Claus brought you? Well Santa Claus loves Coca Cola™ and it's the Official Cola of McDonalds! How can you ever enjoy the Best Fast-food Sandwich™, The McChicken™, without a $1 any-size Coca Cola™? Go on, have a Coca Cola™, we will even print your name on a bottle of ice-cold Coca Cola™ just to let you know how very special you are!

if you think people get addicted to soft drinks because of advertisements you're far too gone to save

Is that why Coca Cola and Pepsico advertise everywhere? Why would they spend millions in advertisements if they have no effect on getting people hooked on their product?

god i fucking love coke, it's my fucking nectar

i'm sure if heroine was legal heroine companies would spare no dime in advertising
would you still think the advertising is what gets people addicted?
you might have a mental deficiency

>allergy
maybe if you have shit genetics

It is not natural far from it

look at this faggot in high school bio. throw in some mitochondria and mitosis facts while you're at it.

The real reason is the phosphoric acid. Most essential building blocks and amino acids trigger a food positive chain that triggers as soon as it touches your tongue, which causes you to want to consume more of it.
Go find a drink that doesn't use phosphorus and you won't get this reaction. Its pretty crazy subconscious psychology going on

I drink light soda. Literally zero calories

Pretty much this.

Nice source, you FB-posting equivalent of an uneducated soccermom.

I see the water shills are out in full force tonight.

its not the calories that are the problem, it's the sugar.

Sugar, acid, and carbonation. Nothing goes better with a burger and fries