What are your thoughts on this man

what are your thoughts on this man

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H0ABp1u79go&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A genius. Should have probably gotten the Nobel Peace Prize instead of the Literature Prize, but whatever. Inspired by American poets like Sandburg and Whitman and the protest songs of Woody Guthrie.

he's a good writer and the nobel prize doesn't mean shit Veeky Forums are butblasted pussies

why the fuck does he deserve the peace prize?

the (((Swedish Academy)))) have long since devalued the meaning of the nobel prize. it's basically just like the grammys for people who have subscriptions to the new yorker.

While he may not have been the ideal choice for the nobel in literature, he is a hugely influential artist and thinker and deserves all the praise in the world. My only beef with him is when he tried to discuss the Serbo-Croatian dynamicin the balkans and made an asshole out of himself. It's like Thom Yorke trying to discuss the economy. But otherwise, he's an absolute gem in this world.

serbs are cockroaches and should be destroyed. they are violent animals and everyone knows this.

>uses triple brackets

Get back to /pol/ you mentally ill fuck

Correct. Mr. Dylan got it wrong unfortunately, and stated that the Croatians were at fault for the brutality in the Balkans, when we all know if was the pea-brained Serbs.

make me redditard

I think comparisons to wagner are overblown but apt

Clouded by the fumes of burning hate.

Robert (((Zimmerman))) is great.

bump

He won a Nobel, ergo he is good. qed.

Bill please leave and bring your Bosnian jazz back to Croatia where it'll never see the light of relevance

>nu-/pol/ack calls another user reddit
brave

your board post-election is *the* most egregious example of reddit culture invading Veeky Forums. no other board has the same "WE DID IT XD" bullshit on a daily basis. no other board is so full of circlejerking faggots telling each other how great they are and what a difference they're making. no other board is as packed with feckless ingrates who think they're experts on politics without having educated themselves in any way whatsoever. it's disgusting and if you had any decency or respect for our culture you would g o t h e f u c k b a c k.

He deserved the Nobel.

I discovered him by book before I really listened to his songs. There was a big book of bob dylan lyrics at my high school while I was working in the library. I was a song writer at the time, and would read a few songs every day. His songs are incredible when you can read them and really take time to appreciate it at a slow pace and fully take it in. He helped get me writing several songs a day, and the quality improved greatly too. My songs became cohesive stories, but also had a lot more surrealism, and I made more use of word play. I stole that book and still have it today.

all this impotent rage, you should use it to sort yourself out instead of writing paragraphs about how people you don't like are mean to you on your animu board.

you'll think it's a cliche when I call you a cuck but know you embody all the helpless weakness the term implies.

He was the best Doctor. His successor timelords lack his charisma.

Springsteen is a better songwriter desu

his lyrics are usually nonsensical jargon. He's admitted himself that he doesn't know what a lot of them mean
That aside, I REALLY DESPERATELY wish he sold his songs to someone who actually knows how to sing.

t. croat

D E E P
youtube.com/watch?v=H0ABp1u79go&t

Nick Drake is the patrician choice.

indeed

Always wanted to read his bio, have you?

Spotted the redditor trying to fit in. Kys

No, but I've wanted to as well. Which one is considered the main one, Remembered For a While?

My Back Pages is pure songKINO

>I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now

Yes and Pink Moon by Gorm Henrik Rasmussen

Do you know any similar artists, like Jackson C. Frank or to a certain extent John Martyn?

Yeah, I do somewhat

Robbie Basho's Visions of the Country has a similar aesthetic to "Road", and Dave Bixby also is good though he doesn't have the same technical skill as Nick Drake.

He's no Townes Van Zandt but he's good.

I like his music but I don't know all of it, and I don't know much about the man. I'd like it if people would call songwriting, songwriting or at the very least call it music because ultimately it's its own form of entertainment. Entertainment can inspire anyone but it's neither science nor scripture.

The answer to your question, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

I don't have any, and yet I wrote the fact that I don't have any. Surely things are

Explain to me what that means.

Get out retarded burger