Why does lamb meat smell SO fucking bad???

why does lamb meat smell SO fucking bad???

can anyone explain this shit to me
I love lamb and I just broiled some nice lamb chops for me and me mum with some stir fried potatoes & mushrooms on the side
seasoned everything heavily with salt pepper and a little paprika because idk wtf im doing. It came out great by the way. very delicious and mummy was proud of me

BUT back to my main point, I cannot get over how bad lamb meat smells. my whole house stinks like... like fish almost now

is this normal, how do i fix it, anyone got some tips for next time?

tell your mummy to wash her cooter

NO it was definitely the lamb

it was packaged with a plastic wrap on it that was like... swelled up and ready to burst

as soon as i cut that package open i got a whoosh of the lamb air right in my face and I thought I was going to be sick.
Honestly was not sure if the meat was still good even though it says "packaged 1/31"
I still smell it an hour later

retarded or bait or both

i guess im retarded then because i was being serious

i am not an experienced cook and I cooked lamb chops for literally the first time in my life today. Was thoroughly shocked at how it smelled and was hoping for the Veeky Forums expert take

>as soon as i cut that package open i got a whoosh of the lamb air right in my face and I thought I was going to be sick.
>Honestly was not sure if the meat was still good even though it says "packaged 1/31"
That's all cryovac meat. it's gases from anaerobic bacteria that get trapped in the perfectly airtight environment. It's harmless
Have you never opened a cryovac meat package?
It does that, it's a little weird

my mummy told me next time to get lamb from australia because its higher quality

is that true

all the lamb i've ever purchased has smelled more gamey/wild than beef or turkey.

i am sure it smells fine to those who eat lamb regularly. i think pork smells bad too

to me, it smells kinda like a wet dog
it's unbearable

to me pork smells bad
t.muslim

thanks but the package was clearly not vacuum sealed

lamb be smellin like my balls yo

pork is definitely stinky

Lamb has a stronger smell than many other meats. But if you like it I'm surprised you'd find that smell disgusting.

Yeah its pretty disgusting. I have eaten lamb that didnt stink only one time

Anyone else can't stand the smell of cooking ground beef? It only seems to happen sometimes though...

Excuse language. English is not my satchel of pants.

Do you see the worst thing about eating lamb is when it kicks you in the forehead? This is destressing, no?

>English is not my satchel of pants.
Kek

what

When I was a kid the smell of beef undergoing a maillard reaction in a hot pan made me feel sick. My mother told me she was the same way too about beef, lamb and mutton when she was a kid, even though she liked eating those meats. Maybe it has something to do with the atomized browning fat of these animals being in the air you're breathing? Don't know. These days I smell lamb cooking and I think it's amazing, but that could be years of associating that smell with the delicious meal that's incoming.

>plastic wrap on it that was like... swelled up and ready to burst
If the package is swollen and gases are "whoosh"ing out, then something is seriously wrong with the meat. You have major bacterial growth going on there. Seriously.

Meat is packaged either with a tight wrapping or vacuum-sealed. The only time I've ever seen a package of meat that was swollen up, I had forgotten it in the fridge for two months and found it while cleaning.

I personally find that highly stressful. I prefer to use hip waders to keep the lamb at the right height and prevent it from kicking.

How you say, "Hip waders" in clicks and pain? I do not drink what you are ear kissing from your mouth.

you probably got a female
its typical for their meat to have that gamy stench which is why in arab markets they always keep the testicles to prove it's not female

>lamb meat
Or as it’s called in first world countries, lamb.

tried lamb, didn't like it. don't think can eat.

Australian lamb is the best in the world

fresh, good pork, in my experience has no smell at all...