Do you remember the story you wrote for your first ever creative writing assignment in primary school? If not...

Do you remember the story you wrote for your first ever creative writing assignment in primary school? If not, what is the earliest story you can remember writing? Did it get a good grade?

I phonetically spelt out the sound of ice shattering
>PSHUSHSSHSSHSHCRRRRK
Wasn't graded, was told it doesn't matter.

didn't get graded, but i remember writing about someone being admitted to a mental hospital with all sorts of strange patients and in the end they defeated zombie Hitler who got eaten by ants.

I wrote about a man in the woods who had a log cabin and died in the snow from a grizzly bear attack while his family was indoors miles away when I was 10 of 12, probably read like shit though

I wrote the entire plot to the ocarina of time

also something about a man who had no butt who fell into a pit or something. my mom saved all that shit in her house somewhere.

space cowboys...
now i just write about long allegories for the collective unconscious so obvioisly havent come too far

>3rd grade
>story is about me
>i go on vacation to grandparents' home country
>an army of Jynx, the pokemon I hated the most because it reminded me of my black carribbean islander babysitter, invaded the village
>i skateboarded around all of them like Rocket Power, and blasted them with DBZ kamehameha blasts
>this was all illustrated with crayon
>tfw the Jynx army I drew literally looked like something out of Jim Crow propaganda

I was in 6th grade and loved the Fallout games.
I wrote basically a ripoff short story which used the world and setting of the Fallout games. It was fairly shit, I must admit.
By 8th grade, I was taking my writing a bit more seriously.

It was about a guy walking up to Dracula's castle and seeing someone hunched over a vat of blood. He ran away safely, but when he woke up, he looked in the mirror and saw

NOTHING.

I got a 95, I was in 7th grade.

just stfu ok? it doesn't matter, I don't care and nobody else does so why even ask?

i wrote about some kid who was friends with the grim reaper or something. most of what i can remember is that the kid lost his basketball and fell into a different dimension after hopping over the fence to get it

The earliest two I remember best are when I wrote about a day in the African savannah and I went completely off the rails with adjectives. The teacher liked it though and had me read it to the class.
The other was some spooky ghost magician who haunted a theatre and kills someone with one of those boxes you saw in half, a pretty shitty magician now that I think about it.

I wrote about a horrible disease that afflicted a small family for a short story contest. I selected a terribly ugly font to go for the muh disease aesthetic so they probably threw it out without even looking at it.

>A young man builds a time machine that breaks and releases dinosaurs all over his neighborhood. It ends with him getting arrested and more dinosaurs pouring through. In the coming months, people learn to live alongside them as pets or livestock.

>An Android girl that was supposed to be destroyed climbs out of a dumpster and goes against it's programming, deciding that it wants to stay alive. She meets a group of activists who want to fight for android rights, but they are moderately disappointed to find no resistance by the general public. At the end the robot gets upset to realize that even her lack of humanity doesn't make her special.

>Some monsters arrive at a party being held in a haunted house, only to realize that they have been locked inside and must participate in a game where they vote on who among them will be transformed into a human and become mortal.

Because I'm not American, we never had anything graded.

Anyway, I was seven years old, two years before I learned to read, incidentally, so I dictated it to a teacher aide.

It was 101 Dalmatians fan fiction. There were two dogs that went over a mountain on a journey. One was called Lucky and the other was called Penny. They found a farm to live on. The rest of the details escape me.

I wrote stories about wolves and dragons and fantasy stuff. somehow I never turned into a furry

>never had anything graded
how did your school even work? btw nice dubs

Oh, I didn't notice the dubs.

Well, in primary school we had internal numeracy and literacy testing once a term to assess whether we were keeping up with national standards, and we'd be placed in percentiles. So they kept track of us like that, and once a year we had a test that I think we called the SAT (which is completely unrelated to the pre-college SAT in the US) where our answer sheets would be externally assessed by the national education board or something.

This was all nearly two decades ago now, so I'm a little hazy.

High school was a little more interesting, and during Year 11 (which was roughly kids aged between 14 and 16) people began to be given the chance to amass credits to go towards their Level 1 National Certificate of Educational Achievement by completeing units and sitting external exams. To get Level 1, you needed to get at least 80 credits at Achieved during Year 11. During Year 12, you could carry across 20 credits from the previous year, so you only needed 60 credits for NCEA Level 2, and the same for Year 13, which was when most people attained their NCEA Level 3 qualification.

Now, NCEA qualifications can be granted at Achieved, Merit, or Excellence, or Scholarship level, and what you earn for any one year depends on how many achieved, merit, or excellence credits you go. So if you did a lot of unit standards, which only offered achievement as an option, then you would have basic NCEA Level 1 with no Merit or Excellence, say.

To get in to a decent university, you need to have so many NCEA level 1 and 2 credits in literacy and numeracy, as a minimum, and depending on what you want to major in, you would want to amass as many relevant NCEA credits as possible. So, supposing you wanted to enter medicine, you would get your minimum NCEA literacy and numeracy, and then focus heavily on the sciences aiming for Merit and Excellence marks, then fill out the rest of your 60-80 credits with easy subjects like a language or an art or an easy math option, like statistics, which you may or may not do in conjunction with calculus and physics.

I dropped out at 13 and muddled through my high school qualifications via health school correspondence, but it was apparently quite intense for people who did the full work load at school.

I wrote a Bionicle fanfic.

NZ? Why didn't you learn to read until age 9?

Wrote a 50 page epic about my pets going on a rpg adventure and it was written out like i was playing the game. I wrote out random battles turnbased style and drew pictures. It was really great.

In first grade I wrote about a small creature that looked like a mix between the pokemon aron and an acorn. He went on an adventure with his pals to do something, though I can't remember anything more than that. We had to staple the pages together into a book.

Yeah, New Zealand.

Anyway, I was a really fucking slow child. They tried to teach me, but it didn't take. At all. Not dyslexic or anything. Just couldn't make heads or tails of writing on a page.

Math, on the other hand, I was best in the class at.

that's kinda interesting, I can't imagine school without grades

It was probably in like 2nd grade, and I wrote about two young girls finding a 2nd generation Jack theRipper in America. I remember very little, but that later on the title made me cringe so hard, but I remember the teacher being impressed and talking it up to my mom.

My dad had a Jack the Ripper book with black and white photos of the crime scene that I had been obsessing over at the time.

I wrote a short story about charles bukowski's doctor stealing his piss for my microbiology class in college. That's the only story i remember writing for a school assignment.

I remember the main character of one of my earliest stories was called "fag" and my parents were too nice to correct me kek. From age 6 or 7 I wrote my stories in .txt files or on paper. The notepad ones look fucking retarded. Know how tech illiterate normies look like they've zalgo'd their shit up on their Facebook statuses somehow? Like that but worse. Wonder if there's some explanation for it.

Tried to rip off LOTR a lot when I was 8 but I'd never actually read it so my stories ended up more original than I intended

We were told to write 'The Grubbiest Adventure Ever'.

Mine involved being shit on by bears. I don't remember much else.

I got a high mark but the teacher refused to read it out in front of assembly like the other high mark stories. I was quite upset at the time, heh.

You are all plebes.

I wrote the masterpiece of the century, the 1# of canon. Well, not really. I go on a trip with a boat onto an island, get stuck there and run away from a mad scientist using rainbow bananas as an infinite powersource.

I ripped off the style of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time in a story about somebody moving house.

Didn't know at the time that the book was on the curriculum for another English class, so the marker likely knew exactly what I was ripping but gave me a good grade anyway.

I got an A+ literally writing about a story where a family had to make their presents for christmas. In fairness, at the time we had the 2008 housing crisis/credit crunch and many people were being made redundant which is the perspective I took, but looking back at it I doubt it deserved that high grade.

Repurposed the plot of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air in high school.

Nice.
Well OP my teacher in primary school had this shitty segment where we would write short stories within a limited amoumt of time. I hated them because if I came up with a good idea you dont have enough time to fix it.

I wrote a screenplay about some guy buying groceries. He ended up in a shoot out and played witness in a gang related trial. The story ends with him having lunch with his gf

I btfo my chad best friend by writing a poem about a racecar driver. He came second though he usually beat me in everything. Last time I saw him we were on a train station platform together and he was on his way to his modelling job at the Hollister store. He looked at me and pretended not to see me.

Yes it was about a shark hunting a seal. Quite possibly from shark pov I got a really good mark.

My dad still has the copy of it, and he showed me a few years ago. No grade, as I think it was from first or second grade, considering the sloppy handwriting. It was about a giant worm rampaging through the city. It was unstoppable, so people had to endure it until it just went away. I really liked Godzilla as a kid.

Kek. Don't know if you're lying, but I like it.

Guy on stranded island losing his mind.

Got an A+

It was basically fanfiction of pic related. The cats were having a Christmas party or something, I don't remember how it ended, but it was deemed the best in the class and the teacher read it out to everyone. The next day (World Book Day), it turned out I had won 1st prize in my school for it. I got to pick out one of the WBD newly published books, I picked a spooky one about skeltal pirates, it was pretty good.

I should pick up that book again sometime. Surprisingly I never went on to be interested in Warrior Cats.

In 6th grade wrote a story for a writing competition about a guy who went back in time to medieval times, and brought an uzi with him and just started blowing people away and battling evil.

The teacher gave me an F. She also read the story in front of the whole class, trying to embarrass me with how bad it was. I wasn't embarrassed at all, because my best friend was laughing his ass off listening to her read it, and I knew it was a stupid story but I wrote it just to make people like my friend laugh, that's all. Also, even though I didn't know it at the time, this was also the plot to the movie Army of Darkness, so it couldn't be that bad of an idea.

The girl who won the writing contest was some little cunt who wrote about crawling into her washing machine and going to the land of missing socks. The teacher thought it was so cute. I didn't know this either at the time, but this was also a common plot that almost all popular cartoons would make an episode of at that time. Fucking stealing hack cunt. She got knocked up in 8th grade btw and dropped out. Fuck her.

It went something like this: "A young boy walks through the woods. In that sea of trees, he notices something weird about one of them. Its trunk had a slightly different texture. Touching it, it is revealed the tree is a door to a secret bucolic world." This was followed by three pages of adventures and that kind of shit.

In a year five class I wrote some Doom fanfiction about two office workers on Mars going through a portal to hell and battling demons.

They kill Satan and escape through the portal back to the office. The boss says, "You look like you've been through hell!" and they share a look and bust out laughing.

All I ever wrote was fanfiction for my school assignments.

I exiled the memory of their contents to that part of my memory that stores most of my middle to highschool life

Co-op expansion when?

Third or fourth grade I wrote a short story about a turkey detective and a jewel heist.

i remember one from third grade.
It was about me and my friends suiting up to battle some giant monsters power ranger style.

I remember i wrote about 10 pages and we hadn't even left our secret cave yet. All exposition, it was total trash.

Most of the other fuckers in the class wrote a page or less and my teacher was impressed by my sheer autism in describing every facet of everything. I wish i still had it and could reread it.

It was about a monkey that pissed all over people and everyone hated him.

Wrote one where I was captain of the Starship Galileo. Then there were technical troubles because aliens boarded for reasons that now seem poorly/not at all explained. Luckily whatever is in fire extinguishers was fatal to them. PM for movie rights.

hermione doujins

During the first week of first grade, our teacher assigned us to describe what we did over the summer. Other kids only wrote a few pages, but I got really excited and kept going and going, up to around 27 pages. People thought it was cool, and even my dad came up to see. It was nice.

A Sherlock Holmes story from the PoV of the villian.

Not primary school sorry misread the title. This is the oldest one I have with me though.

>first week of first grade
>around 27 pages

Was it autism?

>eighth grade
>creative writing assignment, lol
>"write about an interesting moment"
>seriously?
>okaaay
>some investment banker in some city
>goes home to his wife
>2 pages later
>a madman attacks him, summons an axe and hacks out a pentagram onto his chest

And this is how I became an edgy fedora faggot for the following 4 years.

I remember very well the first story I wrote, since I still have it. Or rather, I dictated it to my mom, since I was a tiny kid.
The story started with the creation of Earth via a meteorite crashing into a lava planet, then it cooled and was covered by water, and an island popped up. On there was the first human: Charlie Chalk, the stop motion clown, sleeping in a hammock. Then there's a jump, and we visit the Nightmare King, who is trapped in an egg in the center of the world (and since he's so lonely and angry he sends out nightmares to everyone). But he also has a little talking spider helper! Who goes up to the surface to get this kid Martin, who is brought down to the Nightmare King's egg and let's him know that he's not so lonely after all, since he has the spider as a friend. This cheers up the Nightmare King, and Martin also gets him a TV and a fireplace to have in his egg. (And yes, he's still trapped in there while Martin goes home.)
Illustrated and everything, here's a rough approximation of the Nightmare King in his fancy new egg situation to give an idea.

>princess taken by dragon
>prince wants to save her
>his father, the king doesn't want to let him go
>he goes anyway
>princess is kill by firebreathing dragon
>prince is kill by firebreathing dragon
>king is sad

Foreshadowed my nihilism

Sometime in primary school when I was still on muh learning disabilities register, I wrote some spooky story. I can't remember what it was about, but for atmosphere, I wrote it all in really shaky handwriting. The teacher was like y and thought it was stupid. Lady I'm like 6 cut me some slack.

Another story I wrote in primary school, we were told to make our own version of popular fairy tales. I did three little pigs but with ponies instead, with a narrator who broke the fourth wall, and quite a few meta jokes. I remember the teacher liking that one.

I also wrote a poem in Year 6 (or sixth grade for you 'Muricans) about why fox hunting is bad. The teacher liked it so much she had me read it to the class, and I got called to the principal's office and given a sticker. Neat.

It was in the 6th grade I think and it was about a winter where there had been a cannibal outbreak and a man and his crew in a cabin had to fend them off and whatnot, it ending with him up against the wall with a shotgun killing as many as he can and eventually dying. It was supposed to be a page long, but I ended up writing three. Fun times, it was then that I discovered that I really liked writing.

I didn't dare write anything for school because I was bullied and that would have made it worse.
I wrote a lot of basic adventure stuff in my freetime tho. Like me going on a baloon ride or finding secrets in a mine.