>Pynchon

Wouldn't
>Mishima
>Fitzgerald
>Adorno
>Freud
>Wittgenstein
>Rousseau

you guys realize most of these writers would hate you and call you out for being a pseud?

Deleuze&Guattari (they were always surrounded by hot girls and did a lot of LSD)
Bataille
Henry Miller
Thompson

Would not:
Nabokov
Tolstoy
Proust

That's why I would only hang out with the writers that fuck and party.

>tfw your favorite writer will never call you a pseud

I just wanna hang out with Pynchon cuz he's probably a funny guy to romp with sip down the guzzle the bubbly goodness til Whoops! Tom's gone and pissed himself so good that the drops staining his trousers spill'd the floor as he's reached for my shirt to be wip'd with, stumblin and tumblin into the bar over the bar onto the barmaid who yelps "I've been Pinched again!" beating Tom senselessly with her first and Nike boot while I scadoodle out the doorway into the side alley, off the main road, chuckling about my night and ones to come with this pal o mine.

>wouldn't want to get a cup of coffee and pastries with Proust for five hours
Pleb

hemmingway
pynchon
john williams
david foster wallace
any masculine writer really since i kinda think i follow the traits, including hunting.

i would not want to hang with bolano since im american and im sure he would just try to shit on me for that.

>implying that's not exactly what I would do to them

End yourself.

would hang out with:
>James Joyce with absinthe and cocaine
>Anton Chekhov
>Hitler, like just for the story
>Morrissey
>Proust, but I get to pick where we go

would not hang out with:
>James Joyce, sober
>Poe

would invite to a Dinner for Schmucks type deal:
>David Foster Wallace

would:
>kierkegaard
>melville
>plato

would not:
>hegel
>steinbeck
>aristotle

Would:
William S. Burroughs

Would not:
Everyone else

He let his friend sexually assault his own son. He's an overrated piece of shit.

Lel

Would:
Nietzsche
Dickinson
Hemingway
Kipling
Yeats--to learn about illuminatis
Yung
DFW
Emerson
Doesteyevsky--if could speak english

Would not:
Sartre
Dawkins
Twain
Thoreau
Joyce
Steinbeck
Marx

Would:
Nietzsche
Dickinson
Yung
DFW
Emerson
Doesteyevsky--if could speak english

Would not:
Sartre
Dawkins
Twain
Thoreau
Joyce
Steinbeck
Marx

I genuinely despise "hanging out" with anyone without anything else to actively do. I especially despise joining with anyone in a social situation purely for the sake of conversation. Handed a piece of paper and a pen to occupy my hands and eyes, I would sit in the company of whoever would be quiet and thoughtful, and attend to their own project with minimal or topic-relevant communication only. Whichever writers could obey those rules, I would cheerfully spend time with.

The rest could jump off a cliff.

would:
>Tolkien
>Machiavelli
wouldn't
>jk Rowling
>sapkovski

Would:
>Pynchon
Wouldn't:
>DFW

Twain would be a riot in his younger years. Roughing It was a fabulously entertaining autobiography.

>writers who would want to hang out with you

nietzsche and dickinson were both elder-god tier autists

Want to:
Sebald
Faulkner
Hesse
Dazai
Ovid
Not:
Vonnegut
Orwell
Nietzsche

Dickinson was no autist. The guy who published her writings said she was overbearing an intense as hell. Thats not autism, that is passion. Nietzsche may have been, but he was smart and funny af! I would really like to hear what he has to say about my critique of his ideas. I k ow Im not nearly as smart as he is, but a good idea can be had by someone with a lesser IQ, and i think, while he is a genius, he gets a couple bits wrong which I can explain if you'd like. Overall, i wanna marry Emily Dickinson, befriend Mr. Nietzsche

>no autist
>lived her entire life shut up in her room

I don't know if I'd want to hang out with Wittgenstein, but I would want him to be my teacher - as long as he wouldn't beat me too hard.

I mean, shed go on walks and garden. Also, lobed hee family. Autist or not she sounds like my peefect kind of woman

That's Marshall from How I Met Your Mother you morons.

>the golden gong strikes again
Thanks, user.

Would
David Foster Wallace
Jules Verne
Karl Marx
J D Salinger
Thomas Pynchon
John Steinbeck
George Orwell
JRR Tolkein
Shakespeare

Would Not
Ayn Rand
Kurt Vonnegut
CS Lewis
Ayn Rand
GRR Martin
Suzanne Collins
Ayn Rand

>you will never be beaten by wittgenstein

i am a huge fan of emily dickinson, and i can tell you that this guy who can barely type is correct.

ol' em had an enormous amount of passion and empathy but was failed by the faithless world in which she lived. she managed to transmute these feelings into some of the most mournful, hopeful, bitingly sarcastic verses i've ever seen come from america. there is no way an autistic person could do that, not even in the liberal Veeky Forums use of the word. deeply depressed? sure, but not autistic.

Yeah coz everybody needs to know this dumb show - I guess

Sorry not into pop culture bro have fun watching the next super hero movie spidr4man

This pretty much

I want to ask Pynchon if he sexually identifies as Cyprian.

Would
>Joyce (but only if we're both half in the bag already)
>Camus
>Pyncherino
>Dostoevsky
>Shakespeare
Wouldn't
>any analytic
>Sartre
>Kant
>Tolstoy (unless he's packing multiple serf qts)
>Freud

Part @ Cornell w/ pynchon and fariƱa'd be dope

Don't think 'depressed' describes ED. She was both super intelligent and sly, probably managed to do most everything she wanted without anyone ever knowing. Though socially conservative (she thought religion a good idea for almost everyone she knew except herself) she was individually very liberal.

Would- Sei Shonagon
Wouldn't- Lady Murasaki

>>Writers you would want to hang out with
Ayn Rand
>>Writers who you would not want to hang out with
Everybody else

Would hang out with Quevedo for the sick banter

shakespeare is the only one on your lst that isnt a pompous tool.

Hey fuck you, Borges was very down to earth

I don't think I'd care to hang out with any of them. It would be awkward desu.

>managed to do most everything she wanted
what do you think she wanted to do? also, depressed in the sense which i use it is not the one-dimensional "boo-hoo" but encompasses a wide range of symptoms, including full-on hallucinations and delusions. one can safely say that em was depressed. though what a goddess!

>> writers i would want to hang out with
david f wallace
>> writers i would not want to hang with
everyone else

lmao who would hang out with Kant?

Honest question, do you have autism?

>doesn't know that Kant was a party animal
Recent biographies have claimed that Kant was instead a pretty eccentric figure, having a good sense of humor, wore strange colorful clothes, and often got so drunk at a party that he would get lost trying to walk home.

what kind of asshole takes a picture of a great writer while he's peeing?

>Want
DFW c. 1996
Pynchon
Drunk Joyce
Hemingway
Ginsberg
George Saunders
Calvino
Haruki Murakami

>Don't Want
Ayn Rand
Faulkner
Kafka
Karl Ove Knausgaard
Yukio Mishima
Brett Easton Ellis

She certainly kept up with the news of the day, her reading, her correspondence (much of it hilarious) her plants (there's a makeshift greenhouse in the Dickinson homestead that only she tended) her chores and her baking. Most depression is rather debilitating, and Dickinson with the exception of a few crisis years was ALWAYS on the move. Those who saw her corpse (died at 55) remarked at how fit, youthful and lovely she looked- comments similar to the ones Eckermann made about Goethe's still hale-looking corpse the day after HIS death. Are /you aware that she played piano? ..Sue for one on occasion dropped comments about her loose morality but then just as quickly shut her mouth. The gardener and the men who worked around the Dickinson house were extremely loyal to her. Just because she was proto-hikki doesn't mean she wasn't able to have a good time. In [our] own imaginations [we] like to think of her as being confined because what? Because we're ignorant. This is a mistake.

To answer the question. While Carlo lived (her dog) I'm fairly sure she regularly took him on long walks, mostly early mornings and evenings however when she was least likely to be seen. For one. But if this, what else? All this tells us is that she didn't want to come in contact with 'the town'--
These long walks aren't documented. But for MANY reasons they must have occurred.

According to Gore Vidal, Mishima was regarded as "an excellent drinking buddy". For all of his homoerotic fascism (is there any other kind?) he was apparently a pretty funny and agreeable guy.

pussy

>Want to
Rilke
Hemingway
Gogol
Hesse
Montaigne
Cioran
Solzhenitsyn
Perec
Kobo Abe
>Would not want to