Been cooking bacon in this for 3 days, when do I need to clean it?

been cooking bacon in this for 3 days, when do I need to clean it?

nevar

is there any visible bacteria or super bugs growing in it yet?

don't clean it, it's well seasoned now

you should rinse it off with hot water and no soap you retarded faggot. is that how you think it should look?

Never CLEAN it. Just rinse it out with hot ass water to melt the grease out. Then wipe out with a paper towel dipped in oil.

It's self cleaning

this is actually the ideal seasoning for cast iron
leave it alone

A bit of grapeseed oil and salt, rub it into the pan to get any char off, rinse with hot water, re-apply oil.

that'll be $189.72

Always store extra bacon drippings in a jar once you've cooked your bacon. When your pan has cooled just wipe the inside with a paper towel. Cast iron frying pans are suppose to build carbon and fat layers, it builds a natural polymer to protect the metal. If you ever want to clean it, water only, no soap, and use a plastic brush or scour sponge. Dry the cast iron immediately after washing. Best way to do it is put in your oven upside down, and turn on warm setting.

It looks like OP needs to build up a solid layer of agar first.

You can use soap in it you fucking retard, just not the strong stuff.

just pour a few gallons of boiling water down the drains till its the municipalities problem.

today

wipe it down with a paper towel (you dont want to get 100% of the oil, leave a small amount) and put it in the oven at 400 for 30 minutes

the fact the "no soap" myth is still so widely touted is beyond belief

You can make this stuff into soap anyway, so I don't get how people can say it's not clean.

You should heat it up, add some diced onions and shallots, put in a splash of red wine, and then some simple flour slurry. Stir until it thickens, and keep the heat low enough that it doesn't boil. Pour over your steak and it's time for yummy!

stop eating so much bacon you literal manchild

heat it up on low to melt the grease then soak it up with a paper towel, clean with hot water and soap, coat with thin layer of vegetable oil, in oven upside down at 375 for 1 hr

i'm usually not into these disgusting concoctions but I would legit sink my teeth into that meat pile.

And how do you feel about the sandwich?

Bacon actually has a really good protein to fat ratio, has half of its fats being monounsaturated (the best kind), and is chock full of vitamins, including some antioxidants. You should be eating more of it, not less.

Never thought I'd live to see someone be attracted to Joe.

You should clean it after each use you gross bitch. Cast iron isn't some magical dish that somehow doesn't need to be clean like any other piece of cookware. Food particles left in the pan will rot and make you sick.

Lmao check out this stomachlet over hear fucking soyboy faggot

I once went eight months without cleaning my skillet which I use at least twice a week and I never got sick. He'll be fine.

It's a general problem of using generalized words. No soap is the right advice. Just what most people call soap these days is not soap it's detergent and lack the alkalinity that was the threat to the seasoning.

good advice here thanks anons

>not wanting to eat off filthy dishes

"lol what a pussy soyboy faget XD"

yeah you're not a complete fucking retard or anything

you could make the same argument in favour of not washing your hands after taking a shit. doesn't mean it's not disgusting.

Hit up your nearest Arby's and ask for the meat mountain

Why? Does your toilet paper always break mid-wipe or something? Mine stays intact and keeps my hand safe from contamination.

Do americans really do this

Yeah, I've gone months without washing my hands before too. I'm fine. You might just have a weak immune system.

no I don't, i literally never get sick and unlike you i also am not a fucking disgusting slob

if you're okay with being a gross person with awful hygiene I guess more power to you

You don't. Heat it up and drain the grease into an old coffee can. Wipe the rest out with a paper towel. Then lube it up with some vegetable shortening before storage.

get it really fucking hot and let it get black and start to season. preferably outside if you can as this will produce some smoke. but basically you want the oil and the surface of the pan to polymerize.

Do you regularly heat your hands to 200 C?

>fucking soap, how does it work?

you don't need to boil your hands to get rid of germs. how is every person in this thread so ignorant about basic fucking hygeine?

>American plumbing

Don't you have a plunger to buy?

Pour lye down the drain to dissolve the fat

I always knew there was something a bit "off" about reviewbrah

plus tip

>Just what most people call soap these days is not soap it's detergent and lack the alkalinity that was the threat to the seasoning.
Detergents in general are still a bad idea, since they'll readily mix with the grease layer you made in your pan.

Really, if you must use water to clean it up: boil some water there, throw it away, then heat it up again to dry it.

>You can make this stuff into soap anyway, so I don't get how people can say it's not clean.
You can make table salt with lye and chloridric acid. I don't get how people say lye is harmful!

And on the OP: you're supposed to drain the excess fat and store it (bacon fat is delicious), then clean the ware with a paper towel.

kek

4 days ago.

>when do I need to clean it?

If all you're doing is frying stuff, there is no need to ever clean a cast iron pan, just wipe it with a paper towel and you're done.

I haven't washed my pan for probably 10 years now.

>I haven't washed my pan for probably 10 years now.
post a pic

Dude the bacon was done like 3 days ago.

>Dry the cast iron immediately after washing. Best way to do it is put in your oven upside down, and turn on warm setting.

When I had to scrub out my cast iron pan (after burning potatoes in it) I washed it with plain hot water and a scrubby brush, then dried it off with a hair dryer.

> demanding proofs
> on a Tibetan fingerprinting board

I don’t really care if you believe me or not but I only use my cast iron pan for frying (bacon & eggs, pirogi, corned beef hash, etc.) and simply wipe it with a paper towel afterward.

But as I mentioned here the one time I did have to scrub it out, I used a hair dryer to insure it wouldn’t rust and went right back to frying stuff with it.

There is no need to wash a cast iron pan, unless maybe if it’s been sitting for months unused.

Oh I believe you, I just want to see what it looks like