Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel. Literally the perfect way to start your day

Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel. Literally the perfect way to start your day.

>tfw can't afford smoked salmon with any regularity

Eating this right now.

Lox, whitefish salad, smoked salmon cream cheese and capers.

too many capers imo

Looks good though

i want it please

I prefer the lox spread when it mixed into the cream cheese
sesame bagel of course

if its regular cream cheese then it has to be an everything bagel but only if its still warm

Correct. Shame it's so expensive.

>tfw i can get literally kilograms of caper for next to nothing

Isn't that the Larry David?

Never had salmon before and considering getting it this week. How does it taste compared to bird/red meats?

Also is that raw or cooked on the bagel?

Not anymore

used to be, now it's the ted danson

why the fuck would you put smoked salmon cream cheese on a bagel with lox?

Do tell

it's called stealing

smoked salmon isn't the same as just a salmon fillet. It's cured through the smoking, so you just take out a slice and eat it as is. Comes in a pack like pic related, it'd be where the ham and other pre packaged lunch meats are in your supermarket. It's expensive but pretty great

Tunisia, that stuff grows everywhere and is dirt cheap. By no means it is considered a luxury food at all like it is in Europe and other parts of the world.

Oh nice, I mgiht look into it,. how expensive normally, around the $8 USD mark?

Start off your day with smoked fish, your co-workers will thank you!

idk what the american market is like. The pic I posted is what I usually get, $10 aud for 200g. Cheaper if you buy store brand obviously

Cool, I found a 4oz pack for about $6. I'll try it out and see if I like it. Thanks user.

Keto made me love smoked salmon, that was an expensive fucking habit
>lay slice of salmon flat
>spread thin layer of cream cheese
>add a touch of lemon juice, a bit of fresh dill
>roll up and eat
repeat until you have eaten $10 worth of salmon

breakfast of champions

For me it’s smoked mackerel toasties for breakfast. The best fishy start to the day.

That’s like 3 kinds of fish, are you sure that’s kosher?

It is the best breakfast but holy shit it is so expensive....

I eat it everyday because right now it is the only thing I can get to stay down at 5 AM before work. Funny enough I spend about $20 a week on Salmon. My entire weekly grocery budget is $45 so nearly half is salmon.

Because it tastes good faggot. It's not a bagel, it's french bread from Jimmy John's.

Filthy jew food.

They dont sell it everywhere. I've never seen the stuff and they ship tons of seafood here from the maritimes.

ooooh i love me some smoked whitefish spread/paté/salad

Jews arent known for carinf about the opinions of the goy. If I'm not mistaken the talmud refers to us as cattle so I doubt they give a shit what we thibk of their stinky fish breath.

nice when i was in poor i would get the day old jimmy johns bread for 50c each and put hot sauce on it

smoked trout is better, but coasties will never understand

It's literally the only thing I really liked when I went to NYC for a week. The pizza tasted like pizza and not ambrosia. The $20 pastrami on rye with mustard from the restaurant in When Harry Met Sally was not worth $20. The shawarma was pretty good.

>The pizza tasted like pizza
Yeah.

You know what I mean. It was over-hyped.

the larry david is Sable, Whitefish, Onions, Capers, Cream Cheese.
the sable is the touch of genius.

>The pizza tasted like pizza
Because American New-york style pizza is crap. Pizza is alfredo with tomato garnish, not tomato sauce.

Crushed garlic sprinkled on top of cream cheese garnished with fresh basil. GOAT
Lox is boring.

Jews

too jewish for my taste

it needs more mayo