Moving out for the first time in a month

moving out for the first time in a month.

what are essential Veeky Forums gear that I need? I don't really have anything rn besides some cutlery and plates and shit my mom is giving.

don't have any actual cooking gear.

also which gear are memes? are global knives worth getting?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Cuisinart-622-22-Classic-Nonstick-Hard-Anodized/dp/B00213JOB0/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1517630492&sr=1-6&keywords=non stick
amazon.co.uk/Household-Furnishing-Starter-Pack-People/dp/B071CPX43D/ref=pd_sbs_201_1/260-1324747-4877720?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D2F144CB9W7KH55SWHR2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A person to live with. Don't live alone. You will want to kill yourself. Unless you have autism. Then you'll probably be ok.

I have an imaginary Joi that projects in my mind. she is based off a YouTuber

53 piece le crueset stainless set and some diy obsidian knives. Silicone cutting board, white gas camp stove, and an illegal immigrant chef to do your cooking for you, too.

This is the most pathetic thing I've read in my life.

Not much. little pot, big pot, skillet, spatula, fork knife spoon, big mixin' and ladlin' spoon, cookie sheet, vegetable knife, muffin tin. I like my kitchen thermometer. Tupperware, plate. a plastic cup and a mug. cutting board. can opener. Something to strain tea with. And a colander. This is an exhaustive list. For perishables, salt, pepper, spices, dish soap, sponge. Dish towel for general use. If apartment doesn't come with a drying space, a dish rack.

After a month or two of cooking, toss shit you don't use. Space is precious in a kitchen.

frying pan
2 large pots
saucepan
baking sheet
big spoon
spatula
measuring cup
measuring spoons
set of bowls
colander
good knife
cutting board
box grater
can opener

avoid plastic and non-stick. get stainless or cast iron.

forgot tongs and a ladle

This is a good list, make sure you get stainless steel pots and pans with some thickness. If it feels cheap and flimsy it probably is
Also a plastic/silicone spatula is very useful for baking

wok
bamboo steamer

>nunchucks, wicker pyramid hat.

just wait to get married and youl get free cookware and a cook

The starter package then?

Don't buy that shit, it sponsored by disney

Slow cooker and/or pressure cooker.

Oh, and a toaster oven.

Food safe funnel. I didn't have one for the longest time but it was one of my best kitchen related purchases.

minimum:
stock pot atleast 10 quart
pasta strainer
2 sauce pots approx 1.5 & 3 quart
good nonstick omelet pan
maybe another good larger nonstick pan
silicone spatula
chef's knife
paring knife

much more but these are kind of necessary basics

example of a good non stick omelet pan:
amazon.com/Cuisinart-622-22-Classic-Nonstick-Hard-Anodized/dp/B00213JOB0/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1517630492&sr=1-6&keywords=non stick

i had that when i was 8 too
you tube wasn't invented yet but same thing

i have an MSI Whisperlite i'm not using if it will help u OP what's your address

If you don't know the answer to your first question, you don't need your second. Especially if you have a roommate. Unless you love feeling like an autistic mom and hiding your knives, don't trust them in the open.

Pretty much this OP, look for a local restaurant supply store to get these essentials at a good price.

Also this an idiot roommate will destroy your nice knives on the countertop and then toss them in the sink for days

Global knives are only worth getting for their design - that's it.
Before your knife skills get very consistent, don't spend too much on a knife. I would recommend staying below $100 but above $60 when buying a chef's or Santoku knife which is waht you'll need for most things. Also, for the love of god, don't get a plastic cutting board. always go wood. bamboo is fine but it won't last for very long (cheap though). Also, if you ever get a cutting board made out of a non-pliable material like glass or rock just uninstall life.exe pls.

You should pick a type of pan to learn to cook with: Either go stainless, Carbon steel, Cast iron or ceramic non-stick. I would recommend skipping the non-sticks but that's just me.
Get a stock pot, a Skillet/sauté pan, a 2qt or 3qt sauce pan, a collander and a decent rice cooker/slow cooker/pressure cooker/multicooker.

NEVER pan fry with oils that have a low smoke temperature (like olive oil) unless you are sautéing at a very low temperature. Avocado oil or grape seed oil work well for pan frying though, rape seed oil can work too (this is especially important if you chose to go the stainless steel route as you will not only get strange unpleasant flavors in your food but you will fuck up your pans too)

yes but odds are she's not an insanely attractive cuban woman like Joi is.

For utensils, I didn't realize you were asking for advice regarding that, Get a wooden cooking spoon, a soup ladle, a silicon tipped spatula, a french whisk, a spiral whisk and a pasta fork utensil (not necessary but is pretty handy).

Also, as an added bonus, if your budget allows for more things after this: get an immersion blender. your soup game immediately gets an immense practicality and quality upgrade if you do.

You haven't been on Veeky Forums long, have you?

Nobody has mentioned kitchen scales so far.
Get them, they are useful.

It all depends on your budget, when i moved out I bought some dishes, cutlery, pans, glassware etc second hand. Didnt cost me shit. Along the way you buy some expensive shit you think you need. Like food processor s, oven, chef's knife, cast iron pot, copper pots etc.

Invest in a stone not a knife but global isn't too bad of a brand

non-stick is completely fine unless you're making a sauce

amazon.co.uk/Household-Furnishing-Starter-Pack-People/dp/B071CPX43D/ref=pd_sbs_201_1/260-1324747-4877720?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D2F144CB9W7KH55SWHR2

Good start. Still needs knives - you'll want a standard chef's knife, plus any extras you might specifically need.