is this true or a retarded myth just to sound smart

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2014/04/does-pre-salting-eggs-make-them-tough.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DONKEY

i just started microwaving my eggs

literally 1 minute in my 1000 watt microwave can do like up to 5 eggs

fuck doing them on the stove ever again

its well known that the big salt companies have had a long standing feud with the egg companies and is a myth perpetrated by them

You're probably the kind of guy who puts ketchup on them too. Gtfo with that shit

Ramsey puts oil in the water when he cooks pasta. His advice can be ignored.

Isn't that common though?

Being common doesn't make it a good idea.

I don't know about yuropoors but putting oil in when they are boiling make it so they are a bit more slippery and dont stick together and make a giant pasta mass when you put them in the fridge for later.

it's not true. ive tried both lots of times and there's no difference

Adding salt before or after cooking makes a difference in the final cooked egg, since it breaks down proteins in the egg. Apparently, they'll be softer if you add it before.
>spoil
Nah.

wish the general public understood more about chemistry

And it also reduces the amount of sauce that can cling to the pasta, making them taste worse.

sounds like "searing seals in the juices" tier advice

however its always preferable to season at the end

all i know is I beat my eggs with an immersion blender until they're a foam and they're the best i've ever had

seriouseats.com/2014/04/does-pre-salting-eggs-make-them-tough.html
>The result was that all the scrambled eggs were nearly indistinguishable from each other. If anything, the eggs that sat with salt for the longest were more moist and tender than the eggs that were exposed to salt for less time, though I can't stress enough that the differences were incredibly subtle.

I'd probably do it if you're eating an omelette or specifically want softer eggs to spread on crunchy toast or something. But if you're eating an egg sandwich I usually prefer eggs to be firmer for that so I wouldn't do it then.

this doesn't say anything about salt tho

the proteins are tightly coiled before cooking, surrounded by mostly water. The salt is going to dissolve in that water, but the coiled proteins will be mostly untouched and the cooking process for eggs is so quick that its really not going to effect them. In the end the only real difference is you're going to have an egg that has more salt throughout than if you added at the end.

That's retarded, pasta only sticks when overcooked.

>the cooking process for eggs is so quick
literally the reason you're not supposed to add salt beforehand is specifically when making scrambled eggs, which, done in a restaurant setting for highest quality, takes from 5 to upwards of 20 minutes

99% of people should be salting their eggs before cooking it if they want the eggs to be salty throughout
that being said, why not just fucking cook your eggs and sprinkle salt and pepper on top to not compromise the quality of the egg at all with certainty, and have the same result
stupid shit

Actually it doesn't do shit for them sticking but does stop the pasta water from boiling over by breaking foam bubbles up on the surface
Look up Herve This he did an experiment to prove it.
Also salt your eggs the sodium doesn't destroy anything unless it's an excessive amount of salt or you salt it like a week in advance or something but you have bigger issues with your method then

This.

I don't salt my eggs at all if I'm frying, boiling, or poaching them. Maybe the tiniest pinch. Eggs are already naturally salted. I do sometimes add a little salt when I do a scramble or omelette, usually because I'm stuffing it with other things.

I get that this is where it comes from in theory (although it could just be some back ass tradition that stuck) but seriously I doubt you could add enough salt to dry out the egg without oversalting the egg anyway

I don't salt anything, it hinders the natural umami flavours in the egg it's a crutch for palette-lets

Why are you putting bare, sauceless pasta in your fridge you fucking psychopath?

>palette-lets
I know it's a troll but I laughed.

>he doesn't put oil in the water

>oil sticks to the pasta
>oil doesn't float on water

Don't most people just use salt so the noodles don't stick together?

No, we use salt to season the noodles throughout as they rehydrate. Seasoning afterwords means you just season the exterior.