Yfw Veeky Forums has grown out of its atheist-materialist-liberal-postmodern phase

>yfw Veeky Forums has grown out of its atheist-materialist-liberal-postmodern phase

Feels good lads. But what caused this enlightenment? Just a matter of time or was it specific literary works?

Either way turns out grandma and granpa we're right, and the TV and pop culture and our ("professors") were wrong.

>reddit spacing
you have to go back

>frog posting
you have to go back

>Feels good lads. But what caused this enlightenment?

anti-intelligentsia /pol/ tourists and the general degradation of chan culture

i pray the next phase will be paganism and aesthetic mysticism

Dumb frog poster. Have your (You) for effort.

Veeky Forums is contrarian by nature. People rarely respond to posts they agree with. The primary way to get attention is to post something contentious. As atheism has become more prevalent in the younger generations, so has Veeky Forums's contrarianism to it.

i disagree

enlighten us how chan culture has been degraded by shifting away from your politics, mr. intellectual

Part contrarianism, part changing userbase. I know I only started posting recently. Extreme religiousness isn't any better than yoophoric atheism. People should just be humble and kind human beings.

S-so we're not a christian anarchist board anymore?

>But what caused this enlightenment?
jordan peterson

A culture of complex people who were able to believe one thing while performing as another for fun, often simultaneously conversing from both points of view in different threads, became overrun by people who sincerely believe the roles. A degeneration from a population of complex, multi-dimensional people to a population of the one-dimensional.

basically just the influx of right-wing newfigs following mainstream media exposure of Veeky Forums in the political context

say it don't spray it, Veeky Forums was never what you thought it was and the fact is you're probably just too old to browse it anymore

>I'm newer than you so I know more about it

been browsing since 2011 and i can honestly say you're a retard for overanalyzing internet trolling
a solution would be to stop reading "theory" and start having an actual opinion instead of twenty different layers of irony, george bush isn't president anymore, it's time to grow up my man

You got here after it started happening then.
Fucking summerfags why do they never learn?

reading encyclopedia dramatica doesn't make you an oldfag, sorry

>Either way turns out grandma and granpa we're right, and the TV and pop culture and our ("professors") were wrong.
I guess I'm not welcome here anymore.

That's true, reading ED does not make someone an oldfag.

reddit is calling, friend, maybe there you can deeply analyze trolling as part of the Veeky Forums intelligentsia

Weren't you just telling me I was wrong about it? Meaning you think you've analysed it even more deeply. And that it's a reddit thing to do. That makes sense.

wrong about what

what books stop you being a vulgar athiest?

Does your minder often leave you unattended this long?

does your autism interfere with you trying to interact with others

The same thing happened to this site that happened to Jimmy Carr and all the other "edgy" personalities who make it big - they mellow out. The edge of ten years ago is the straightedge of today, and oldfags are actually mild and more in line with mainstream mentality than the newfags. They bitch about newfags ruining things, but the truth is the n00bs are just doing the same thing that the first posters were.
>Veeky Forums wasn't always edgy/contrarian!
It was. It was just more optimistic.
This is the paradox of Veeky Forums. A site that thrives on contrarianism will eventually have to cannibalize its own.

Are all your insults just the most obvious, recycled memes? That's a rhetorical question, you needn't answer it.

>A culture of complex people who were able to believe one thing while performing as another for fun, often simultaneously conversing from both points of view in different threads, became overrun by people who sincerely believe the role
How can you tell which is which over the medium of anonymous internet posts? Surely it's more likely that the thing which has changed is you.

are you far too old to be browsing this website? rhetorical question, no need to answer it

I'm not political.

/pol/tards despise experts, academics, formal or informal education,rational discussion, the western literary canon, artistic expression......christ they get uppity if you use words with more than three syllables....and they keep posting stupid frog pictures

Hume lets you BTFO pretty much all the modern atheistic horseman, Dawkins, Hitchens etc

Interesting claim, do you have evidence?

>experts
>academics
>formal education
>canon
>implying any of these things are important

Not particularly, no.

Yes, see

i see, so you're the type of intellectual who answers rhetorical questions. will you next release a research paper on habbo hotel raids? on the edge of my seat here

Why, do you particularly want to learn about something from before you were around? Maybe you could brush up on history on ED, you seem to be quite intimately acquainted with it already.

you seem to have trouble understanding sarcasm. that's alright, people with your condition have trouble with a lot of things most of us find easy.

Re-misinterpret the friend bit, subconsciously affectionate, deprogrammed to substantiate it, the articulated misfit, cardboard army buried in their version of likes, differentiating by lengthily illusions that are the only lengths believable in regards to them - no sage, thyme and grilled lemon to caramelise the sugars and remove some of the sourness. Paired with anything old thing, never mind the menu.

It's not my fault you couldn't pass high school Steve.

No, I understood.

On a serious note, every holocaust denial thread on Veeky Forums

good, good, now tell me how many genders there are

Nah, I'm done.

thanks for the lecture. it was truly an honor to meet a member of the Veeky Forums intelligentsia.

I realise that people of average intelligence might seem intimidatingly smart to you but don't worry about it too much.

the triumphant return. any new wisdom/discoveries related to the deeper implications of trolling, poindexter?

Yes, nobody says "poindexter" except high school footballers in 80s movies

i'm taking notes, your rapier sharp wit is unmatched, professor

chan culture is toxic and should be ignored entirely when posting, discussing.

/pol/ leaked in and then the most easily triggered fled back from whence they came (leddit) leaving only a few dead-enders who didn't get the memo.

The fact that you're using triggered the way that you are is proof that /pol/ won

>Shitposting is complex and multifaceted, only serene intellectual gentlemen like myself can comprehend this

Bugs..

It's a rule of this website:
Reddit is atheist Veeky Forums has to always to the opposite so we're a theistic website, there was never another reason for it - if you lurked for yours you would've noticed it.

Veeky Forums theism is a fucking joke though, but it's a start I guess.

>degradation of chan culture
Chan culture is juvenile shitposting and anime garbage. You probably think /b/ had a prime.

I meant the most easily triggered Veeky Forums natives self-purged, and this board now supports a thriving /pol/ colony. The dead-enders are people like the radfem black tranny in /sffg/ who autistically screeches whenever anyone says anything "offensive" about women, Muslims, people of color, or feminine penises. Xe is too autistic to leave and instead convinces xirself that xe holds the majority opinion

How? I skimmed Hume and had the impression he was a hardcore empiricist

Oh, in that case, you're correct. My point still stands, though.

I agree.
They are young, ignorant and delluded by their abuse of expression freedom.

stop replying to yourself

Εισαι μαλαkας τελιkα, δεν παιζεσαι...

No it doesn't. It's part of the site and web wide lexicon now.

>It's part of the site and web wide lexicon now.
Exactly.

>But what caused this enlightenment?

Depression and spite for me personally

>/pol/tards despise experts, academics, formal or informal education,rational discussion

Wtf I love /pol/ now!

Has anyone who uses these unfunny nu4chan stock phrases such as "really makes you think" and "what did he mean be this" ever written a decent post?

Sneed... easy on the reddit

A lot of people here have been following the trail leading to answers about the jewish question and this has caused a big change on the board, though there are many jewish posters who will deny this transformation to fake a consensus that this isn't happening. Sorry, just the truth. As men mature they take a more critical look at their society and have a stronger desire to understand it and figure out what's wrong with it, and this inspection leads white men to the jewish question and what they're doing to make society worse.

>/pol/tards despise experts, academics, formal or informal education,rational discussion, the western literary canon, artistic expression

Except we hate """experts""", (((academics))), and formal education because those things all despise, deride, and erode rational discussion, the western literary canon, and artistic expression.

not sure why you'd think that kind of phrasing is exclusive to recent Veeky Forums, funny phrases have been a thing since the dawn of internet communities you fucking mong

Exactly. White nationalists are the only cultural preservationists. No canon will be protected by jews and their attendant mob of useful idiots.

>/pol/ going into overdrive when nobody pays attention

I'm tired of /pol/ posts, and /r9k/, but I have no sympathy for the side that meme word is mocking. None of this would have happened if /r/ShitRedditSays and others like them didn't make themselves known. I sincerely believe it's all because they couldn't let go of their resentment and set off a defensive and equally resentful response in otherwise innocuous people from those demographics. They might have even been on the same side before, but self respect came first. Which is why gen z is the most conservative generation in a long time. They created their own spiteful monsters.

>Which is why gen z is the most conservative generation in a long time.
this is just a meme based in 2 minuscule polls

you've finally reached peak damage control, congratulations

>this is just a meme based in 2 minuscule polls

It really isn't, I teach young teenagers and they're way more critically minded (anti-Liberal) than boomers.
You used to be able to scare people away from wrong think by calling them racist or scaring them with big authorative voices but it doesn't work anymore. Internet natives see behind the Great Wizard's curtain and found a little Jew turning the knobs

Those phrases have a tone specific to the very recent, homogeneous internet culture and aren't funny. You can stop pretending to be from Veeky Forums.

Better find a new website then, this place isn't for fat liberal weebs anymore

when in doubt, imply the other person hasn't used the website as much as you. if you actually had any kind of seniority you'd know you were wrong and the racism was never ironic.

might want to head back to neogaf, i think you'll find more camaraderie there

>containment thread

its always been for fat, reactionary, self-pitying weebs

newfag

>the racism was never ironic
I never mentioned racism. Easy on the boogeymen, Mr. internet social activist.

did you not recognize the image that accompanied that post? How else could you miss the point this badly?

But I'm still a nihilist/atheist/materialist.

And crippled by depression. Please help.

>Please help

Take the redpill

He's empiricist in the old sense. His ideas about epistemology completely destroy the, shall we call it Reddit Positivism, that most atheists cling too, reason and evidence as a basis for understanding the world and deriving ethics etc

Oh, and don't skim Hume. He's very readable, much more so than most of the big beasts

That made it worse.

>atheist-materialist-liberal-postmodern
that's a lot of buzzwords

i prefer kant because im not a fucking brainlet

Did you become a Christian?
Because if you didn't you didn't take the real redpill

Kant's entire project was a response to Hume

Well how do I do that? I can't make myself believe in unsupported nonsense.

Sort yourself out

Exercise
Do meaningful work
Build a relationship

We're talking baby steps away from babbys first positivist phase here. They can move on to Kant later