Have any postmodern writers ever written a scene or part backwards?

Have any postmodern writers ever written a scene or part backwards?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Betrayal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think House of Leaves did.

Pinter's Betrayal is told (ingeniously, I think) in reverse order (and it's not a gimmick)

Elaborate on your definition.
Counterclock World : PKD
Maybe "Dhalgren" but not sure.

Time's Arrow by Martin Amis?

>"""Pinter's Betrayal"""
clearly a ripoff of the backwards Seinfeld episode
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Betrayal

You're joking ... right?

>Betrayal is a play written by Harold Pinter in 1978
>Seinfeld Season 9 Episode 8: "The Betrayal" - Original air date November 20, 1997

nah 100% serious

Seinfeld is YHWH and time is as nothing to her.

So in terms of this thread, Seinfeld came first

Yes, Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David influenced Harold Pinter to write his play The Betrayal.

keep in mind that The Corrections by Friendzone influenced Dreiser in the same way V. influenced Billy Gaddis to write The Recognitions

Jerry Seinfeld was Shakespeare.

what even is a "writer"?
my postman wrote a letter to his transgender mother/father.....does this make him a writer?

gaspar noe is a movie writer and he wrote a backwards movie.

I do not know if he is "post-modern". he is merely an argentinian who made movies in france

I thought Shakespeare was Dante

Dante was Jerry Seinfeld.

Is this a subtle "The novelization of Apocalypse Now is shit" thread?

sort of, but I was thinking how the novelization of the Godfather was a bigger mistake

>I do not know if he is "post-modern". he is merely an argentinian who made movies in france
ok forget educating pol, can we just tell them post modern means this from now on and send them back to tv?

Definitely. But the first people to prominently play with time in the novel were the modernists.

> educating pol
Other way around m8. You'll be in the dark till you're ready to approach the jq.

>Other way around m8. You'll be in the dark till you're ready to approach the jq.
user, this is a Catholic board, of course we know the grand inquistor still exists with good reason and we only had to change his name because "history" decided to remember the Church as torturers when the inquisition was set out limit state torture in the first place and redeem souls. Fuck off before I exorcise you like the Netherlands.

>this is a jew worshipper board
Stop being the slave of your enemy.

Do you think you're Pope, dear heart? Same thing happened to my Aunt Edie. It's alright, dear, I'm sure Byzantium is just a bit busy at the moment to return your calls.

Hold on. If that guy's the Pope, then that means the Pope is Breakspeare ... and Breakspeare is Jerry Seinfeld.

surprised nobody's mentioned Slaughterhouse-5 yet