How is it that so many people are interested in politics but have no interest in philosophy...

How is it that so many people are interested in politics but have no interest in philosophy? Isn't politics essentially rooted in philosophy and, in some sense, applied philosophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_wars_by_date
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism_in_the_Soviet_Union
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootless_cosmopolitan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin_and_antisemitism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Union_and_the_Arab–Israeli_conflict
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Civil_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With politics, you get to pretend you have conclusions.

I have no interest in politics and a lot of interest in philosophy but sometimes I think I'm too dumb to understand either.

Politics is rooted in values. Values may be rooted in philosophy, but for most people they're rooted in that person's environment, tradition, and personality. To the extent that a person's values can be said to stem from a particular philosophical strain of thought is abstract to the everyman, but the political system he is under is very real and effects his life, and it's happening in real-time. People like to watch things and talk about them. There's very little chance you and your buddy happened to both read Aristotle that week, but a good chance you both know what's going on with the president.

>I have no interest in politics and a lot of interest in philosophy

I'm the same way. I think it's because politics as it is often discussed is so obviously detached from any kind of honest analysis of the issues or premises at hand.

Political philosophy is the shit. Strauss, Schmitt, Agamben, the list goes on...

>they're rooted in that person's environment, tradition, and personality.

Which can mean that the depth of these "values" are shin deep and not really "values" at all, just regurgitation and ego psychology.

Things you absorb growing up or that you're biologically hardwired for are ingrained in you more deeply than things you pick up along the way and discard when something that seems better crosses your path.

>absorb growing up
So thoughtlessly coerced into and regurgitated
>biologically hardwired
>values
Values aren't biologically hardwired. But even if they were, self knowledge and self-mastery are the keys to overcoming that.

It all sounds borderline Pavlovian and repulsive.

>It all sounds borderline Pavlovian and repulsive
Welcome to the human experience!

>How is it that so many people are interested in politics but have no interest in philosophy?

politics is more rooted in the real world and the art of making people behave. philosophy is entirely about "i'm making up words for things that already have words, everyone look at me"

> Isn't politics essentially rooted in philosophy and, in some sense, applied philosophy?

no, and i will pay Hiroyuki CASH to create a philosophy forum to get you screaming faggots out of Veeky Forums.

>these values are fundamental because I say so and take that as axiomatic because reasons

Once you learn about the jewish question it will all start to come together. At least you're admitting you don't understand. The worst are those who pretend to without learning about the jewish question. Once you fit that piece in -- that there is a tiny group of people with inordinate power pursuing their interests at the expense of everyone else's -- the light to a lot of things will come on. But it's a bridge too far for many, unfortunately.

The more abstract values are rooted in emotional response, they are conditioned, i.e. ''It all sounds borderline Pavlovian and repulsive.''

Values are ''hard wired'' as the other user says. For instance: We value food, shelter... etc.-- Now, lets take that capacity to assert value and combine it with our capacity for abstraction and everything that comes along with that. We get culture, tradition, ultimately; ideology.

>Values aren't biologically hardwired. But even if they were, self knowledge and self-mastery are the keys to overcoming that.
>Which can mean that the depth of these "values" are shin deep and not really "values" at all, just regurgitation and ego psychology.

Ask yourself, what are you doing here? You are asserting your own values.

>politics is more rooted in the real world and the art of making people behave. philosophy is entirely about "i'm making up words for things that already have words, everyone look at me"

What is ethics? What is Political philosophy?

>>politics is more rooted in the real world
If all political systems emerge from our abstractions OF the world, how are they ''more rooted'' in the real world than philosophy?

>that there is a tiny group of people with inordinate power pursuing their interests at the expense of everyone else's
Like every ingroup that ever existed?

Jews are a hostile outgroup.

Groups are often hostile to each other.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_wars_by_date

And more so when they have no connection to the host population.

This is at first amusing, but then soul crushingly sad.

That knowledge can be put to use. Like understanding how something works giving you ability to manipulate it to your benefit. I don't see why it would be sad.

Seems to me that more aggression and destruction was created by competing groups, external to each other.

Jews have played a large part in previous conflicts. They were the main people who pushed whites into WWII in England, the Soviet Union, and eventually America, causing the deaths of something like 70 million Europeans, though the only number people remember is 6 million. Same with the moat recent war in Iraq: the advocates were jews because it was a war for Israel. And they're the main ones pushing for war against Syria and Russia today. No one has caused more destruction on this planet than jews. Get up to speed, partner.

>They were the main people who pushed whites into WWII in England, the Soviet Union, and eventually America

Do you have any legitimate sources for this?

To add:
>pushing for war against Syria and Russia

I'm quite sure that's an unattainable goal. Nuclear deterrence and all that. Not quite sure how it is to the Jews interest.

It would be no surprise that Jews pushed for war against Germany. The government in place was acting against their interests. But it would be very naive to think they were the sole cause. Consider Hitlers gobbling up of territory.

The American education system has failed to teach perhaps the most necessary value of them all, the value of skepticism and critical thought. Politics in American society is, like religion, something ingrained into an individual through their environment, as well as family and social structure, and thus exempt from introspection most of the time. Philosophy is just another thing to learn.

this board would die without philosophy discussion, maybe that would actually be a good thing

Jews ran the SU at the time and Churchill was their puppet. They had been pushing leaders in the US for years but it took them some time. Plenty you can find on this, it's well documented, but I'm on my phone.

Look into the Oded Yinon, or Greater Israel, Plan. They don't want any strongmen in the region, anyone who can potentially attack Israel or maintain a cohesive nation -- they want everything atomized. I also agree that there's a slim chance of the US going to war with Russia but that doesn't stop jews from pushing the whole anti-Russia narrative daily. It's all jewish neocons and jewish liberals seem to clamor about these days.

>Jews ran the SU

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism_in_the_Soviet_Union

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootless_cosmopolitan

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin_and_antisemitism

Maybe I am missing something. Sure a lot of Jews were involved in the inception and later administration of the Soviet Union. But this seems to be the result of their intellectual culture and an attachment to an egalitarian ideology as to better their interest in view of the antisemitism in the Russian empire. There is also this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Union_and_the_Arab–Israeli_conflict

>It's all jewish neocons and jewish liberals seem to clamor about these days.
Its a pacifier for leftists. Essentially a conspiracy theory to explain how they ''should' have had Hillary win. And those people will consume it, and profit is made.

>Look into the Oded Yinon, or Greater Israel, Plan. They don't want any strongmen in the region, anyone who can potentially attack Israel or maintain a cohesive nation -- they want everything atomized.

I have rudimentary knowledge about that. I don't see anything odd with it. Its expected.

Jews implemented the bolshevik revolution and numerically dominated the government that murdered the royal family and tens of millions of native Russians. They lost some power when Stalin turned on them but maintained a lot of power until really under Putin, which is why jews whose families came from there, like Max Boot, froth at the mouth for the US to take Putin out. Bolshevism was a jewish-led coup against the Russian state, which had granted more privileges to jews than anywhere at the time.

Yeah, there's nothing odd about jews pushing for their collective interest, it's natural. The problem is they do it through deceit, by using other people as proxies, and with general disregard for the destruction they cause. The more you understand them the more you realize they are sociopathic tribe that has a hand in everything bad.

Ironic and a man of taste. I like you user

>Jews implemented the bolshevik revolution and numerically dominated the government that murdered the royal family and tens of millions of native Russians.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Civil_War

I'm pretty sure that they murdered each other. I get what you're implying, but you must take into account every other faction and the complicated history and causes for the fall of Tsarist Russia.

>The problem is they do it through deceit, by using other people as proxies, and with general disregard for the destruction they cause

I don't see the problem here. Didn't Caesar do much the same? The only difference being that his goal was entirely personal. Might makes right and all that.

>The more you understand them the more you realize they are sociopathic tribe that has a hand in everything bad.

Well, at this point we are going to talk about the so called ''white genocide''. I assume you boy into it, judging from the discussion. Now, to me it seems that the decline in the population of European peoples is due to industrialization, higher standard of living, birth control, neo-liberal thought among the populations, etc..

Now, the question is, is it solely the fault of the Jews, or even an orchestrated goal, that all this is occurring, i.e. to get rid of white people?

What would be the purpose of a very, very long term plan on ''mixing out'' white people? It really seems counter intuitive, if white people are a ''host'' to the Jews. And it also seems impossible, that if the effects of multiculturalism are truly bad for a society, there will be a reaction to it, sooner or later. Thus the ''Eurabia'' type of fear-mongering seems silly. Hell, Muslims don't tend to have favorable opinions of Israel, what would be the use of pushing for them to gain power in western countries, from the Jews perspective?

Because politics is necessarily a popular topic in democratic countries. We are made to feel like being a part of the decision making process by popular media, otherwise the system wouldn't work. Therefore even the stupidest of people are confronted with it and forced to make up their mind on a regular basis. Or rather adopt some manufactured set of opinions they are unable to question because they are philosophically illiterate.

Yes.

I mean, I understand your skepticism but I've been studying this stuff for years and can tell you right now that Wikipedia is not going to lead you to a proper understanding of the truth. I have personally even debunked the numbers presented on the Wikipedia page about jews and bolshevism.

You seem interested and actually curious, though, and that's a good thing. All I can say is keep going, keep reading. Everyone who thinks like me has been exactly where you are. But if you really want a primer that breaks into the meat of all this discussion, you have to read Kevin MacDonald's Culture of Critique. I know it's a meme but it is the 101 text on this material. It's hard to understand the jew if you don't understand how the jew thinks and how that thinking differs from your own, or the European way of thinking. It's free and online and will answer many of these questions you have.

>Muslims don't tend to have favorable opinions of Israel, what would be the use of pushing for them to gain power in western countries, from the Jews perspective?
Jews and Arabs are actually cousins and have historically gotten along well together. Israel is a contemporary spat. Jews were actually responsible for letting Muslims into Spain back in the day and they fought alongside them against the Spanish; they call that the jewish "golden era" and it took the Spanish 700 years to remove them too. Jews very much have an incentive to clear fighting aged arab men out of the middle east and they are the main people in the west promoting their importation.

fpbp & /thread

talking politics in a democracy is ostensibly an exercise in building a better state. in the reality of 2017, talking about politics is purely an opportunity to virtue signal and feel good about oneself.

this has led us to a debt ceiling that is about to disappear AND a federally managed healthcare boondoggle. complete fiscal irresponsibility. the federal government will spend us into oblivion. there will be a run on banks, the govt will default on what it owes the people, and there will be anarchy for a while. boomers truly are the worst generation.

very few people are actually interested in politics, they like sensationalist news and broad generalisations that they can feel good about. they like ideology.

>quotes and approves of "With politics, you get to pretend you have conclusions."
>makes a whole post full of definitive conclusions and future forecast
FUCKING
WEW
LAD

>reducing everything to "applied philosophy"

I think most people have massive misconceptions of what philosophy even is.

>man with obvious lack of testosterone (loss of hair) is preaching about mandom and uses words like alpha and mastery unironically
that's funny.