I have 4 ribeye in the fridge, a cast iron frying pan and family coming over...

I have 4 ribeye in the fridge, a cast iron frying pan and family coming over. Can someone explain the Maillard reaction anod how best to make use of it, to an user who's mildly curious, but cbf to interpret any of the shit online explaining it? Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2017/04/what-is-maillard-reaction-cooking-science.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>in the fridge

dropped

>in the fridge
wow, you actually, literally, did not read anything online explaining it
you're fucking retarded, stop trying to hide it behind "i'm a fucking retard oh fuck please spoonfeed me holy shit"

The Maillard reaction is many small, simultaneous chemical reactions that occur when proteins and sugars in and on your food are transformed by heat, producing new flavors, aromas, and colors.
seriouseats.com/2017/04/what-is-maillard-reaction-cooking-science.html

Learn reading comprehension. In the simplest sense it just refers to the browning of meats and things.

Eh? I have steaks in the fridge, they've been there since Friday. If I take them out for an hour before cooking they're ready to go. Don't try the pretentious shit with me, dishwashing brat

Well I've read this kind of condensed explanation a million times, but it gives you fuck all understanding by which you can optimise it. No methods, no temperatures, no information other than 'use a hot, cast iron pan'.

Because cooking isn't an exact rigorous science and there's a million variables. Just try it and use your intuition. You'll want butter or shortening or something to properly brown though.

>Use a hot cast iron pan
You all act like searing meat requires literally any more instructions than that, get the pan hot, don't burn it and finish in the oven until desired doneness

I heat olive oil until it smokes, season room-temp steaks, add crushed garlic and rosemary to pan, add steaks and turn/mix around pan every 30 secs, fry until 45 degrees internally for rare, 55 med, 65 well done. add butter, sit for 5 mins, serve with sprig of rosemary. always comes out perfectly and it's easy to remember when people are precise.

Just get it brown, dipshit

true shit

>heating the oil in the pan

>Olive oil

No way man. Smoke point is like 200° too low. It just burns away and leaves your kitchen smelling terrible with smoky residue on the walls. If it doesn't do that, you're not even hit enough to be considered searing

Use a nice high temp oil like grapeseed or maybe avacado oil. You can use the same seasonings. Olive oil is ano for searing.

that's cool man. did you make a post saying your family was coming over in the immediate future and that you have absolutely no desire to research your question and that you want to be spoonfed?
must be really fucking hard to skip over all the context like this just to call people pretentious, i'm gonna guess your salary is very close to the poverty line based on that comment

Where else?

>Maillard

RUB IT ON THE MEAT FIRST

and salt
salt the fuck out of it
you can't use too much

But how would that heat the oil?

You forgot how Gordon Ramsay works. The oil goes on the meat and anything around it.