Im wanting to read something gritty as fuck, like drugs, violence, rape, misery...

im wanting to read something gritty as fuck, like drugs, violence, rape, misery, twisted dark stuff -(real life) not autobiography but i would consider one. you know what i mean ?!, help me out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ysyB_rhAWs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_(Palahniuk_novel)
books.google.de/books?id=tA4LdEw2zlsC&pg=PA242&lpg=PA242&dq=among the thugs biting out eye&source=bl&ots=SvSPhjXp6O&sig=Xd7UnC8NjNLo39pFOYt_r1oEBfQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWvZOP-s3WAhXFbFAKHYkSADgQ6AEILDAD#v=onepage&q=among the thugs biting out eye&f=false
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splatterpunk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Try the bible.

?

thanks

Marabou Stork Nightmares

Thank you

Thread/

Bukowski is good if you're the kind of guy who likes smoking until you can't taste and also drinking until you can't feel. Nice and gritty and with a sadboi aesthetic.

tropic of cancer is much better than naked lunch

Recommendations for best bukowski work?

Post Office, and Ham on Rye.

Although if you want to read his entire pseudo biography series following his alter ego 'Henry Chinaski' the order is Ham on rye -> factotum -> post office -> something i forgot -> women

Return of the Living Dead, the novel.

Blood Meridian

The Painted Bird
Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101

This tbqh. Norman Mailer is accurate in describing Burroughs as a genius but Tropic of Cancer is on another level.

i'm pretty sure you meant The Tainted Turd.

Hogg by Samuel Delany.
The Painted Bird by Jerzy Kosinski
Last Exit to Brooklyn by Hugh Selby Jr.
Firework by Eugene Martin

The Tainted Turd by MNM-DR

my diary desu

FINALLY

Peter Sotos will make anything else mentioned in this thread look like Pat the Bunny, I can guarantee it.

Kathy Acker, William S. Burroughs, Ryu Murakami. Painted Bird by Kosinski also works, there's a scene where the protag almost drowns in feces.

mentioned Sotos, who is actually a pretty good essayist when it comes to modern culture of thrill and outrage.

Gira's got some pretty edgy stuff. Inspired by De Sade. Check out his book and this shit he did with Lydia Lunch

youtube.com/watch?v=5ysyB_rhAWs

The Deadbombs poetry too

Read Henry Miller or Irving Welsh!!

Burroughs is okay. Bukowski is apex pseud.

2666 by Roberto Bolaño is a good book to find all of that sort of stuff

Thank you all

When you say real life do you mean nonfiction or nothing fantastical?

>Real life

can be fiction, just real life shit'ya know ?! but if its gritty and stuff, it could be set on mars ,its cool. il buy all the books iv heard so far. glad this thread lasted a bit

i will try The Bible, when iv ran out of toilet paper.

>Henry Miller

Under the rooftops of Paris is one of the more fucked up books I ever read. Dogs, midgets, you name it.

A book called Corambis has an M-M gang rape scene. The opening is pretty gruesome too.

Painted Bird.

Serial Killers Uncut, Blake Crouch

The Consumer, Michael Gira

There's a pdf online that's free, or you can buy it for 200$ on Amazon.

Tainted Turd by MNMDR also works

Tainted Turd.

Cool, are you going to use that pun every time Painted Bird gets a mention?

Are you going to use that pun every time Tainted Turd gets a mention?

If you can into edgelord shit you should check out haunted my Chuck Palahniuk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_(Palahniuk_novel)

> Let’s see, what else might you need to know? Oh, one book is set mainly in Paris, the other in New York. If I have not yet let slip which book is set in which it does not matter. There is no plot. Am I going in circles? This technique is known as recapitulation. Imagine me stating, ‘There is no plot. Am I going in circles? This technique is known as recapitulation,’ over and again for three hundred plus pages, with a few fucks and cunts tossed in. There- now you need not even buy the Cliff’s Notes. Let me see- can one identify with the lead characters in either book? No, they are all repugnant, and, again, even more damningly- DULL! Yes, they’re racists, liars, Anti-Semites, perverts, drama queens, misogynists, misandrists, wannabe artistes- in short, the perfect fodder for talentless hacks, for most of them share the same qualities.
The truth is that Henry Miller was the worst example of a writer who really needed an editor. Yes, David Foster Wallace had an editor prune three thousand pages of his Infinite Jest down to a mere thousand, and still couldn’t find anything worthwhile, but here there was obviously not even an attempt. Perhaps the only thing that will stick in my memory about these books is that, in a weird way, they remind me of some of the sleazy and bigoted writings of the worst bloggers online. And, like the talentless hacks who like to praise talentless writing, those online hacks show that even their putrescent complaints are old, really old and formulaic. Miller even makes his famously narcissistic lover, Anäis Nin, seem deep, by comparison, with his stream-of-dullness writing. Of the two books, were I two choose which one would be the greater torture to reread, I would choose Cancer, for Capricorn is slightly more coherent, and a bit more mature. It’s relative, of course, and still mostly dull as….oh, hell, I deserve it, SHIT!, but it at least attempts to give you context for its garbage. Some critics have said that Miller was a man of attitudes, not ideas. Wrong again. Miller was a cipher as a writer, but a marvelous promoter- the P.T. Barnum of early 20th Century literature. And this should be acknowledged, for it was his only talent. Yet, to even attempt a deep analysis of what is clearly one of the premier put-ons in literature is waste of time and effort. And I’m hardly a prude. I simply demand quality. Henry Miller simply says less with more words than just about any writer that has ever been published.
If other critics did he’d be forgotten now. Let’s see….oh, a quote from the book. No, got that. Gotta end? Ah, shit! No, that didn’t work. Now I know how that talentless drunken bisexual hack at the pizzeria felt. I’m doomed.

Pasta but seriously, i did read whole book and i have a shit load of cringe quotes of tropic of cancer saved on hard drive. He really was on another plane of being pseud. Bump this thread tomorrow so i will post his garbage

I just did a quick search on this.
It's a book about hooliganism and the author describes an instance where a guy headbutted a policeman and then proceeded to suck out his eyeball out of his socket and bit it off.

That's one of the craziest things I ever heard.

books.google.de/books?id=tA4LdEw2zlsC&pg=PA242&lpg=PA242&dq=among the thugs biting out eye&source=bl&ots=SvSPhjXp6O&sig=Xd7UnC8NjNLo39pFOYt_r1oEBfQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWvZOP-s3WAhXFbFAKHYkSADgQ6AEILDAD#v=onepage&q=among the thugs biting out eye&f=false

iv got it on my shelf

Try David Peace’s Red Riding quartet. It’s about police corruption in grim Northern England. In the first one, 1974, theres a plot about a dead girl found with swan wings sewn to her back and the protagonist rapes a woman in the arse.

>ounce of leaves
Who trimmed that shit? lmao

was gonna rec this

The complete works of Frank Miller

Just so you know, police can read your fingerprints on this and scan it against a database with a picture this res. It's been done before, lol.

Go read some Cannibal Corpse lyrics, edgelord teen.

Ryu murakami - almost transparent blue

Also Junky and Queer by Burroughs, if you want a more factual and less surreal account of degeneracy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splatterpunk

Definitely check out "Moravagine". Very twisted but a great book.

>giving a fuck about the police
everybody get a load of this faggot
also, just so you know, your mom doesn't really love you