How do I get the top of my pizza to look like this? What cheese do they use...

How do I get the top of my pizza to look like this? What cheese do they use? I can't find dried mozzarella here if thats what it is.

Is this close enough?

no

Yeah, pretty much. The cheese I use looks like the cheese near the crust on that pic. It doesn't really melt how I want it to.

There is no selection in this shitty country. It's unreal.

they have a thing called a 500 degree C oven

by burning the crust. Alternately you can cook your pizza normal until crust is done and then broil the top by moving pizza to top rack

You want to put on more tomato sauce than you might think.
And grill it in the top of the oven.

I think it's more to do with having a hot enough oven, so that some spots of the cheese brown really heavily before the rest of it has a chance to.

I do that. I think it's because of the cheese I use. What alternatives should I try? Only widely available ones pls

Mozerella or parmesan is all all I use. Maybe some goat cheese if you can find good one.

Can't find dried mozzarella and the fresh stuff sucks ass

Buy a ball of mozarella (rip into thin strips) and combine with some normal everyday cheese (grated) gouda, emmental, edam...

I never heard of dried mozerella, You could try drying it out in the oven for a while?

I'll try that thanks
It's like pic related. Looks like a block of gouda or any other plain cheese. From what I gather it's what NY style pizzerias use

My mom use to put nothing but parmesan cheese on top of ground beef, it was heavenly but I don't think it very healthy

It's plain mozzarella. The trick is letting your oven heat quite a bit before putting the pizza or, depending on your oven, turn the top heating on for the last part.

chef john used it in his chicago deep dish pizza

''cheap firm supermarket style mozzarella

Reminder that if you spent a lot of money making a pizza you've missed the whole point that pizza is and always has been poor people food, like if you spent a lot of money on making a taco

Why do you go into threads to argue against points nobody is making? I spend a euro or less on each pizza fyi fag

just regular mozz will do
don't bother shredding it, just tear small chunks out and throw em on there

Someone should make a pizza with ketchup and american cheese and post a review. What about the crust?

White bread

Ketchup isn't good as pizza sauce though, too sweet.

old flour tortilla or rice cake.

It's just mozzarella and olive oil
Seriously, the appearance of my pizza came out so much better after drizzling olive oil on top

not that guy but pizza is simple but prone to perversion.

I like rice cake. Crunchy and gluten free. Scratch the ketchup and just use tomato paste. Bologna circles on top instead of pepperoni, and drizzle with mayo like japs do.

provolone melts nice

That's why pizza chains use a mix, but pure mozz is superior.