Indian food

ive only ever tried the more mainstream indian dishes like butter chicken and shit, recommend me some great dishes i can have tonight thanks niggers

Other urls found in this thread:

bellaindianitaliancuisine.com/
m.imgur.com/a/60BPG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Baingan bharta, saag paneer

How are those not also incredibly mainstream?

Chicken korma maybe.
Onion bhajis as starter.

Then you suggest something, you nigger faggot

thanks, i feel like i may have eaten (ad enjoyed) these on a trip to an indian buffet before but ive never ordered them seperately
im pretty new to indian food so even knowing the names of some of them is a big help
korma looks similar to butter chicken, and the bhajis look great i love fried onions

saag paneer is dank

korma is way too sweet.

get a dosa if they have it

A dosa is an Indian pancake. What do you think it is?

>saag paneer

Oh fuck yes. Not hard to make yourself either, other than finding the "cheese". I've subbed with chicken or tofu.

i think it's an indian pancake...wtf

It is not an Indian dish. It is accompanies a main curry dish much like naan or chappati.

I think user just recommended it to accompany the main curry dish

why are you freaking out user?

plenty of people eat dosa with potato filling and chutneys as a meal you fucking moron

>he eats you for dinner

If he thinks a korma is way too sweet, a dosa will not take that sweetness away. It is a very thin pancake.

sorry guys i was really feeling lamb so instead of what you suggested i ordered lamb vindaloo and a samosa which i remember eating in elementary school for international day a loong time ago

Dosa masala means pancake with curry filling. Dosa on its own is a pancake full stop.

t. Indian descent

they were two separate statements you autist.

I think kormas are too sweet.

I suggest getting a dosa.

WTF

you are also autistic.

That is a big assed dosa.

right, which i why it itself is dinner meal

So you would go to an Indian restaurant and order a plain dosa as your main course? Just a really thin plain pancake? They would laugh at you.
See That big long thing is a dosa. A curled up really thin pancake.

I dunno if you would consider palak paneer "mainstream" but it has a type of cheese that isn't common (at least in USA). It's one of my favorites.

You have it as a starter with pickles or to accompany a meal like naan or chappati.

masala dosa i said, you fucking idiot

Curry sauce and chips, that's chips not crisps amerifags

don't know hwere you live, but i see paneer in most bigger gorcery stores here in new england

He's not autistic, if you go to an Indian restaurant and just order dosa you won't get it with potato filling or anything, it's just like a crispy crepe with nothing in it. It'd be like going to a sandwich shop and just asking for a bread roll. You have to specify, masala dosa, paneer dosa, dosa with sambar, etc.

Where did you say masala dosa?

Thanking you user. Problem is Americans have only just started getting into curries and don't have a clue what they are on about.

I think there's a bigger Indian population in that area so it might be more common there. There are a few Indian restaurants and grocery stores but you won't really find Indian food (other than curry powder) in most regular grocery stores here.

Lamb Vindaloo if you want a really good spicy curry

yeah i ordered that a while ago along with a samosa, should be here pretty soon. very excited for it desu

post a pic of it.

right here
-->

Now who is the autist? When you don't know what you are talking about, it's best to stay quiet.

I said dosa , but meant masala dosa. and you are being a pedantic autist.

You are not even INdian. YOu are a brit

Dosa is a fucking thin pancake. Masala is a curry. Dosa masala is pancake with curry. See the difference?

op here. first taste is very nice and spicy. samosas are interesting, very light crust but heavy filling. ill try and write the suggestions down from this thread so i can order it next time thanks bros

i've already pointed that out, mate

Is it hot? Spicy-wise, I mean.

no, not very which im a little disappointed by. it has a very tomatoey taste

Kiss my chuddies. I pointed it out to you.

Does it have a sour vinegary note to it?

yeah a little bit. its fine if i eat it with the rice though. kinda miss the creaminess of butter chicken o be honest

A proper vindaloo should be fairly hot and made with vinegar in the ingredients. Butter chicken is a totally different curry, so don't compare them. Try a madras, jalfrezi (hot), or dopiaza.

What other curries do they serve?

its not that spicy but i do taste the vinegar. the lamb is really tender as are the potatoes. yeah its not bad, its pretty good but im always a sucker for the same thing i order all the time. trying to branch out more
i ordered from here bellaindianitaliancuisine.com/ lol its not the most authentic but its the only place in my area that delivesr indian

It's a shame you haven't got any proper Indian/Pakistani/Bengali restaurants near you who deliver.

yeah i live in the suburbs so delivery options arent that great. i normally never get delivery but i didnt feel like going out to pick up shit tonight

Have you looked online with regards to making your own curries and dahls?

no, not yet. i was hoping to experience more indian dishes before attempting to make my own

Look up a recipe for chana dal. It is a veggie curry made with chickpeas/garbanzo beans. It is very tasty and you can easily add shrimp or chicken to it.

awesome, thanks for the advice, i love chickpeas so it should suit me just right

Another nice one is tarka dal. Made with lentils. For a potato dish try bombay potatoes/aloo masala. Or a mix of potato, cauliflower and spinach called aloo gobi saag. All are very nice.

Chicken Tikamasala

Not exactly Indian is it?

Better than actual Indian food.

There's this place near me that has this spicy cauliflower/pepper/onion dish called gobi manchurian. It is the shit. it will also give you the shits. would recommend

Then why are you in an Indian food thread? Next you'll be saying Balti is an Indian curry.

My roommate in college was from India and I would suggest staying far away from any real Indian food.
1) It smells the same going in as it does coming out.
2) It stains toilets assuming you even make it there. Else you'll likely end up in the fetal position and shitting with enough force to occasionally spin.

Because India inspired food > actual Indian food.

"Inspired" does not make it authentic Indian.

I did laugh at the second one. But you are so American and have not even attempted to eat mild curries, have you?

If a reply could save just save one person from explosive diarrhea, would you post it?

I ate whatever shit his mom sent him and somehow lived. And he just laughed and laughed.

Just don't eat hot curries. There are plenty of mild/medium ones out there.

Start off with a korma and gradually work your way up the spicy/heat scale of curries.

The cheese is really fucking easy to make yourself, it's just whole milk and vinegar, maybe some seeds for flavor

Throw a bratwurst on there and you've got a deal, Muhammad

Lemon juice not vinegar.

Honestly, I've tried it both ways and never noticed a difference in flavor. I'll stick to white vinegar so I can use my lemons to get drunk

how do you make it exactly?

I think this is the one
m.imgur.com/a/60BPG
I use white vinegar and press it with a cast iron pan loaded with progressively more encyclopedias, then refrigerate overnight. Chop and brown in a little oil before you use it. If this recipe doesn't include, you can also boil the milk with cumin or black pepper seeds. A sachet would probably let you get them out before curdling but I use so few I don't normally bother

>m.imgur.com/a/60BPG
ty

i've never seen a dosa this big

Nor has He seems to think it is a curry of some sorts.

This guys right.
You can't just start at the top if you've never ate the shit.
I'm on year three of regularly eating Indian food and can eat pretty much everything.

How much vinegar to how much milk?

I don't think it's a curry, you dumb fuck.

I'm saying it an option of somethign to order when you go to an indian restaurant.

Fucking right idiot, you.

Murg Musallam (sp?)
Best curry I've ever had.

they tell you in the damn photo how much to use

3 liters of vinegar
1/4 cup of milk

lol

some milk and one or two lemons or white vinegar. dumb fuck.

If the korma is too sweet order a pancake you said.

meant for you

dosa isin't sweet

it's savory

The link in the pictures takes you to an actual recipe

why for me?

wish they would open a place fully staffed by white people who follow western food handling guidelines

I really want to try indian food but every place that opens near me keeps getting shut down by the health dept for violations

*pic is mexican food ( they follow our rules about food safety)

that will be because of the lack of toilet paper (lots of them use their hands to wipe their ass). Fact.

>(lots of them use their hands to wipe their ass)
this is why i dont[' eat there

>Butter Chicken
>Indian

lol

Masala dosas arent filled with curry wtf. Depending on the type it usually has a chutney/potato mix. Also suggesting dosas makes no sense in this situation.

And again, theres more than one type if dosa. Sett dosas, paper dosas and neer dosas all have different consistencies and tastes for example.

T.Indian actually in India who makes dosas on the regular

god damn, I love samosas
put that tamarind sauce on them and wew lad